✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. Watch these videos...LOL When I saw the first one, I thought Coldplayer. They looked like they were getting into Yellow and I was annoyed at the guy recording who looks like he was sitting down.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eykFM0wj9Q8&feature=related]‪Douche at Coldplay Concert - part 1‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Then when I watched the second one, I agree with the guy who recorded it. [ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLjquVWyw9w&feature=related]‪Douche at Coldplay Concert - part 2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

and I totally agree with the guy who recorded. For talking the entire time and the way he is talking to the girl? The guy is a total ass...

What a jerk that guy was. :angry: Well at least no one was talking nonsense like that around me or really talking for that matter...they were just so dead until after Viva La Vida...the crowd around me got a bit more lively. Chris sounded beautiful during Us Against the World. :heart:

Wow...what an ass...although the conversation managed to go with the song but still, those tickets should've gone to real fans. I'm so glad I was nowhere near those idiots.

EDIT: But seriously what a jerk! I don't know why any girl would go out with someone that disrespectful! Chivalry is practically dead it seems. :( I hope she dumps him.

What an incredible show and well worth the whirlwind trip from DC to LA. It was so great making new friends and sharing the experience with fellow CPers Jason, Dianne, Tracey, Kelly, and Imelda. What a wonderful group of fans.

HIGHLIGHTS

- Getting a chance to see and hear the guys after a two year wait

- Venue...intimate, under the stars on a beautiful night

- Sound was amazingly crisp, vivid, energetic and loud!!!!!

- The new material sounded incredible and infectious so much so we needed double doses of Every Teardrop and Charlie Brown

- Spending the day with Jason, what a fun and great person and true Coldplay fan

- Getting a moment to talk with Vickie and Miller and showing them photos of themselves with Ryan's MINI

- Jason and I sharing a drink with some virgin Coldplay concert goers and educating them on the all things Coldplay

- Being smothered under three feet of streamers and confetti

- Not having to wait months after getting tickets...thank you Jason!!!

- Being just feet from four incredibly handsome and talented Brits

- The new material and the classics...nothing beats GPSAYF and Politik live and loud

LOWLIGHTS

- Having Lost, Violet Hill and Shiver dropped due to the Kimmel Show ( I've been waiting since 2005 to hear Shiver live :(

- The crowd

The UCLA show was one to remember and I feel so fortunate to have been able to go and share the VIP experience with Jason. Thank you Jason!!! I hope as the LP5 tour takes off that I'll have many more opportunities to meet more fans from the board and share the sights and sounds of the best band in the world!!!

4:00pm- This next hour is spent waiting, waiting, and more waiting, well the whole time was waiting. :P We go to the restroom and when I come back I see that some Coldplayers were asking for me. :D I was kind of nervous to go say hi to you guys at first...but then picked up some courage and went over there. You guys are all very lovely and nice by the way. It was pretty cool meeting you guys Jason, Dianne, Tracey, Kelly, and I don't remember catching any more names...but nevertheless anyone who I met there was great! :) Oh and Dianne's daughter called us Coldplay-geeks. :lol: It's cool, I don't mind. :P

Hey Imelda - nice to meet you and loved your review of the show. I'm sure we'll run into each other again somewhere in California for the LP5 tour! :laugh3: And glad we weren't so scary as to scare you off... :P

Jason

The couple of weeks visiting the L.A. thread, chatting with people that were going was exciting and then finally getting to meet some of them.

Jason, Julie had VIP and kept keeping in touch with us through Dianne about the goings on behind the curtains, there was wine involved with every text Jason sent:lol:

Jason is a wonderful, happy guy, who was fun to be around, and makes you laugh!!!

Hey Tracey, so awesome to meet you! I had a blast! Yeah, I had to get my VIP's worth via little plastic glasses of wine... :laugh3:

Julie and I were in the VIP area "pre show party" trying to convert a couple into becoming more hardcore fans. It was actually all quite amusing. They were looking at us as though we were a bit loopy... :lol:

Anyway, I'm sure we'll get to hang out again at some future show! We'll have to better coordinate next time so we can all get seating next to each other...

It's funny all the comments about the crowd, because I only had the pit group in front of my so was, at least visually, kind of oblivious to it (apart from not "hearing" the kind of crowd noise I did at the last two shows I went to in England).

Jason

This is the kind of crowd we had to deal with at the concert. Such a bummer...

Unbelievable. Regardless of what he is talking about and politics aside, talking in such a condescending and disrespectful manner to someone is unacceptable. And doing it during a concert? Wow.

Jason

The crowd was DEFINITELY pretty bad, but none as bad as this dbag who was sitting in front of us yelling at his gf. You gotta see it to believe it

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZLjquVWyw9w]‪Douche at Coldplay Concert - part 2‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

What an incredible show and well worth the whirlwind trip from DC to LA. It was so great making new friends and sharing the experience with fellow CPers Jason, Dianne, Tracey, Kelly, and Imelda. What a wonderful group of fans.

HIGHLIGHTS

- Getting a chance to see and hear the guys after a two year wait

- Venue...intimate, under the stars on a beautiful night

- Sound was amazingly crisp, vivid, energetic and loud!!!!!

- The new material sounded incredible and infectious so much so we needed double doses of Every Teardrop and Charlie Brown

- Spending the day with Jason, what a fun and great person and true Coldplay fan

- Getting a moment to talk with Vickie and Miller and showing them photos of themselves with Ryan's MINI

- Jason and I sharing a drink with some virgin Coldplay concert goers and educating them on the all things Coldplay

- Being smothered under three feet of streamers and confetti

- Not having to wait months after getting tickets

- Being just feet from four incredibly handsome and talented Brits

- The new material and the classics...nothing beats GPSAYF and Politik live and loud

LOWLIGHTS

- Having Lost, Violet Hill and Shiver dropped due to the Kimmel Show ( I've been waiting since 2005 to hear Shiver live :(

- The crowd

The UCLA show was one to remember and I feel so fortunate to have been able to go and share the VIP experience with Jason. Thank you Jason!!! I hope as the LP5 tour takes off that I'll have many more opportunities to meet more fans from the board and share the sights and sounds of the best band in the world!!!

Hey, my pleasure - had such an awesome time! Great conversation and stories to share and with both of us being a bit low key yet having real love and passion for the band - couldn't have found a better person to hang with at the show. I've still got a lot of great pics to get to you - just trying to catch up on some things first. :lol:

Also a big thank you to Dianne, who I considered our fearless leader for our CPing get-togethering - truly awesome person with a great, fun family. Really enjoyed meeting you and am sure we'll be hanging out at some future gigs! Thanks for being the CPing glue to pull us all together!

Jason

Haha my friend was the one who recorded this. Sitting next to me. We were all standing up, but hes really into compiling video and not as into coldplay as we are, so he opted to take video. We did get him up for the last performance of teardrop though!

Ok. Watch these videos...LOL When I saw the first one, I thought Coldplayer. They looked like they were getting into Yellow and I was annoyed at the guy recording who looks like he was sitting down.

Then when I watched the second one, I agree with the guy who recorded it.

and I totally agree with the guy who recorded. For talking the entire time and the way he is talking to the girl? The guy is a total ass...

Here's another one of the videos I shot - this was the first performance of Cartoon Hearts (or as other people mysteriously refer to it, Charlie Brown ;))...

Yeah, it's better on Kimmel, but this shows the full "behind the scenes" (in front of the scenes?) bit with Jimmy Kimmel which is pretty funny. You'll feel like you were there if you watch the opening of this bit. Fun. :D

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxl4QiGdk80]Coldplay Charlie Brown at UCLA[/ame]

You can also get a better sense of how small the GA pit was. Cool spot for them!

Jason

I missed all of Lolla. Had to do a fancy dinner which was really good and now we are at Pageant of the Masters in Laguna Beach- a very cool living tableau. You can google it. The shows about to start but had to check in on the board :)