✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Imelda was such a sweetie, she was so shy when she walked up to us to say hello, and I am so glad she did, she was able to meet Phil and that was a great thing!!!

The Lady in front of me got a bonk across the side of her head from me :accidentally" while I was pulling off a Chrissy dance move:laugh3:, but it did lead to her standing from there on out, and getting into it, so I can say I helped her "Get in the Mood".

The start of the piano bit to Viva, we tried the 5 of us to start the Viva Ohhhh's, but nobody joined in, it was sad. The crowd perked up when it started, and again with Fix You, at least our whole section was loud.

Phil told someone all the fans were located in the back this time, so he noticed how the crowd was as well.

:shy: Yes...I admit I was shy to go up to you guys...but I'm glad I did. :) Thanks for the kind words. :nice:

:laugh3: I think that was my older sister you hit. :lol: She told me someone had hit her from behind. :P Eh, she's fine. :D

I tried starting the Ohhhhh too in my section with my friend...but you know...not too much luck on my part either also before the encore. I tried them again and then tried chanting Coldplay but no one really joined me then luckily someone was ablet to get a Coldplay chant going on. :D Was it you guys??? :D

And that was me who Phil told that too. :D

Great review Tracey. :)

Hey Imelda - nice to meet you and loved your review of the show. I'm sure we'll run into each other again somewhere in California for the LP5 tour! :laugh3: And glad we weren't so scary as to scare you off... :P

Jason

Thank you. :) I'm sure we will, and don't worry, After I got up the courage to go say hi to you guys, I wasn't so scared anymore. You guys are so nice, great, and enthusiastic. :D

I'm so thankful I had the chance to see them in a smaller and intimate venue. I hope when they tour, they'll tour in smaller venues around Los Angeles. The experience was so much better. I usually never get lucky enough to sit close.

I love the new songs, was happy to hear them more than once. Really.. what a treat. Feel blessed.

:shy: Yes...I admit I was shy to go up to you guys...but I'm glad I did. :) Thanks for the kind words. :nice:

:laugh3: I think that was my older sister you hit. :lol: She told me someone had hit her from behind. :P Eh, she's fine. :D

I tried starting the Ohhhhh too in my section with my friend...but you know...not too much luck on my part either also before the encore. I tried them again and then tried chanting Coldplay but no one really joined me then luckily someone was ablet to get a Coldplay chant going on. :D Was it you guys??? :D

And that was me who Phil told that too. :D

Great review Tracey. :)

Thank you. :) I'm sure we will, and don't worry, After I got up the courage to go say hi to you guys, I wasn't so scared anymore. You guys are so nice, great, and enthusiastic. :D

I"m glad you came up to us, too, Imelda! Next time they come to LA, we will be there!

I"m glad you came up to us, too, Imelda! Next time they come to LA, we will be there!

I'm sure we will meet again then because I plan to be there as well, and hopefully this time we'll be at the front in the pit! :dance: That would be so amazing. :D

Imelda..... OMG if that was your sissy, I'm so sorry, I am a spaz dancing, I have fun, but still a spaz:lol: Tell her "Sorry" for me:kiss:

JASON.... Thank-You so much for all the videos and pics you took, everything turned out fantastic!!! My email is [email protected] if you have time to maybe send any pics, thanks so much!!!!

From the Los Angeles Times. Pictures in link:

For such a middle-of-the-road rock band, Coldplay sure is polarizing. To some, they're the catchiest, warmest, most comforting band on the planet, whose endlessly singable choruses, magnetic personalities and easy structures are a testament to the beauty of Shaker simplicity. To others, each lonely Chris Martin wail is an argument for punk rock in its most brutal form as a way to wash away the gooeyness. And for this latter group, there's no more fitting venue in the city for the band than the Los Angeles Tennis Center.

A performance to benefit the Grammy Foundation and sponsored by two phone companies (the coverage at the tennis club was great!), Coldplay gigged in Westwood on Wednesday in advance of its Lollapalooza performance Friday in Chicago, and offered a set of its sing-along classics and new music from its forthcoming, as-yet-untitled fifth studio album -- as well as a cover of Amy Winehouse's "Rehab."

What was the crowd like? Late-night TV host Jimmy Kimmel captured it perfectly when he jumped onstage to introduce the band for a forthcoming episode of "Jimmy Kimmel Live" (Coldplay was definitely multitasking the launch of the new album on Wednesday night): "There are a lot of white people here. It makes me nervous," he said, to huge laughter and applause from the Grammy supporters and lucky Coldplay fans who filled the outdoor stadium.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/music_blog/2011/08/coldplay-gigs-the-la-tennis-club-covers-amy-winehouse.html#more

It's okay Tracey, don't worry about. She said it was fine. :)

OH Dianne, I finally saw yesterday during Lollapalooza what you were saying about Will playing guitar during ETIAW. He plays it at the very beginning. That was surprising to me too when I finally saw that yesterday. :P

This guy reviewing the UCLA concert calls Coldplay "one of the last great hopes of Rock"

Coldplay at L.A. Tennis Center @ U.C.L.A.: With a fifth album to be released in October, Coldplay is in warm-up mode for its upcoming slate of festival appearances (including Lollapalooza this weekend), and this intimate benefit for the Grammy Music in the Schools program served as the perfect way to introduce some of the new material to a national TV audience via Jimmy Kimmel Live. The band’s publicists asked me not to “review” the show, as it isn’t the full-blown version they’ll be touring behind after the new record comes out, but it’s hard not to get caught up in the group’s beaming joy and Chris Martin’s perpetual eagerness to please. Opening up with the same “MX” (which has been called the abbreviated title track of the new album) into “Hurts Like Heaven” that they performed at their recent knockout Glastonbury set, spiked with Jonny Buckland’s chiming riffs, Guy Berryman’s elastic, cushioning bass and Will Champion’s pummeling percussion, Coldplay showcased five new songs in all, including the already classic single, “Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall,” and “Charlie Brown,” both of which were taped for telecast later that evening. “Major Minus,” another Glastonbury selection, with its Stones-y “Sympathy for the Devil”-like “ooo-ooos” and admonition, “Be careful where you stand,” appears to be yet one more standout from the new album. Pulling out all the confetti stops, Martin was in particularly supple form for sing-alongs on faves like “Yellow,” “In My Place,” “The Scientist,” “God Put a Smile Upon Your Face,” “Politik” and a particularly propulsive “Viva La Vida,” with Champion pounding a kettle drum and ringing a bell. Martin introduced one more new cut in “Us Against the World,” alone on acoustic guitar, while pulling out a pair of rare Parachutes chestnuts in “Everything’s Not Lost” and the hidden track “Life Is for Living.” There were reprises of both “Charlie Brown” and a closing “Every Teardrop,” just in case, but the highlight of the night found Martin segueing from a show-stopping “Clocks” into a seemingly impromptu solo piano tribute to Amy Winehouse’s “Rehab,” softly intoning the “no, no, no” chorus that elicited audible gasps and even some sobbing before leading into a particularly poignant—and sadly ironic—“Fix You.” It was a show for die-hard Coldplay fans, and while it wasn’t about to convert the non-believer, for those of us who see them as the next great live rock band, it offered a tantalizing glimpse into what promises to be a very eventful new era. Finishing with a deep bow to the audience, the band members still seem exhilarated by the rapturous response, even in this obviously truncated format. Between apologizing for playing some songs twice and repeatedly thanking us for showing up, Chris Martin remains a charismatic, yet vulnerable, master of ceremonies who unabashedly wears his heart on his sleeve and seems honestly grateful we allow him to do so. Don’t consider this a critique, just a progress report on one of the last great hopes of rock. We look forward to catching up again real soon.

http://www.hitsdailydouble.com/news/newsPage.cgi?news08637m01

Yea id have to agree, audiences in cali suck! And im from there :P

but apart from coldplayers like me, they don't get into it as much. I know they enjoy the show though, I think its how californians are like very chill. Still no excuse though. After experiencing lolla, my expectations of the crowds are different. Wish every show was like that one :D

You guys!!! I finally got my picture with Phil today from my friend!! :dazzled:

224548_2322187619932_1406836907_2808078_4434685_n.jpg

Ah, I love it. :heart:

@Ana...yeah they suck. :P

That's gotta be one of the best Phil pics ever!!!! IMelda Your just so adorable, GREAT PIC!!!!!!

You guys!!! I finally got my picture with Phil today from my friend!! :dazzled:

224548_2322187619932_1406836907_2808078_4434685_n.jpg

Ah, I love it. :heart:

@Ana...yeah they suck. :P

Wow, Imelda, no wonder you were so excited when you found us after the show. :) What a great picture of adorable you and Phil.

That's gotta be one of the best Phil pics ever!!!! IMelda Your just so adorable, GREAT PIC!!!!!!

Aww...really, thanks for the compliment. :nice: Phil does look great! :D

Wow, Imelda, no wonder you were so excited when you found us after the show. :) What a great picture of adorable you and Phil.

:lol: Yeah, this encounter kept me excited for hours...even in the car. :P And thank you. :)

cute pic Imelda! :nice:

Gracias. :D

Here are my uploaded videos from UCLA:

Yellow:

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/weYmnF2TnIA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Life is for Living: [the one where Chris mumbles the lyrics towards the end]

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/bL-39z3_8WU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Fix You: always one of my favorites live!

<iframe width="425" height="349" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/JE9uGeU_oG0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Your videos are AMAZING :)

My videos are finally uploaded!!!

edit: how do i embed youtube videos on this site? please help!!

edit: Nevermind, I figured it out :P Hope you all enjoy!

Yellow:

In My Place:

Charlie Brown:

Us Against the World- Note: there is a guy who is booing during the middle of the video :veryangry2:

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall: