✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[3-Aug-2011] Coldplay @ Samsung AT&T Summer Krush Concert Series, Los Angeles

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for the photos Jason! :D

My pleasure. By the way, anyone can reuse any of the pics I've taken as you'd like.

Trying to upload some videos, but hotel internet is super S L O W... Will probably take all night to put one up. Got GPASUYF and Politik in their entirety. Politik came out especially good as I zoomed in on the different members are different bits (like will pounding the hell out of his set). Also video'd some other bits.

Awesome show - can never get enough CP live.

Was great to meet some more Coldplaying members and hang out and chat, and some of us got together for dinner after the show. Great fun! Thanks for the best online forum out there, busybeeburns! ;) Really makes for a better experience when you can connect up with a lot of wonderful people.

Jason

Very awesome time. My notes:

*Super friendly event staff

* The free samsung game prizes were a nice touch

*Kinda dead audience. Sitting or standing, you can at least SWAY or rock back and fourth/stomp

* Saw the guys walk right in front of me from inside the VIP area outside to an adjacent building

* The Winehouse tribute really struck a chord with me, and if you heard the guy scream "AMY", that was me

* On top of the amazing performing of the guys, the lighting and use of color was fun

* ETIAW is a perfect summer concert song

Wow...just got home and I must say, that was awesome!! Got a setlist and several pocketfuls of confetti.

It was a great concert. I loved that the venue was so small but people weren't really singing out that much, and I was kinda dissapointed that they played Charlie Brown and ETiaW twice and skipped like three other songs, but I don't think it was the band's idea, since they did play Everything's Not Lost and that wasn't on the official setlist. The band sounded really good but Chris didn't do much crazy stuff...there was no laying on the floor and he only asked if everyone was OK once. They were probably pretty jet lagged. Even so it was totally worth it. They are an amazing live band.

setlist:

MX/HLH

Yellow

In My Place

Charlie Brown

ETiaW

The Scientist

Major Minus

GPaSuYF

Everything's Not Lost

Us Against the World

Politik

Viva la Vida

Charlie Brown (2nd time)

Life is for Living

(encore)

Clocks

Amy Winehouse tribute

Fix You

ETiaW (2nd time)

Fun night.

The good:

Meeting several Coldplayers, Tracey (duh - she stayed with me.) Kelly, Imelda, Julie, Jason, Ro, Heide. Missed finding Erick, but kept in touch by text.

Watching two songs soundcheck

Seeing Miller, and other roadies we recognized

Seeing Jimmy Kimmel walking through the tunnel where we saw the band

Being in the right place at the right time, and seeing the band walk right past us, on the way to and from meeting with the Grammy Foundation people.

Made eye contact with Will, got a huge smile from Jonny and a wave from Chris

Watching my husband come out of the men's room, saying, "Guy was in there."

The gorgeous night.

The bad:

The crowd sucked. A few got into it, but for the most part, people just stood there, sat down or talked or texted. Especially the people behind me, who sat and talked the whole show, standing only for Viva.

Chris did very little talking. Didn't seem like he did the usual band shoutouts like he usually does, either.

There were a LOT of empty seats.

Our $150 seats were horrible :(. Totally obstructed view. We ended up having a few extra free tickets, and sold them. We kept our bought tickets, thinking the location was good. They were close but our view was totally blocked by the speaker tower and Samsung banner. Great view of Will, but didn't see Guy or Jonny at all. Chris moves around so we got glimpses of him. There was a video screen but the image was reversed, kind of disconcerting to see Jonny playing "left handed." My daughter's seats were next to Kelly's, farther back, but better view, so Tracey squeezed in with them, in the bench seating. Other sections were noted on Ticketmaster as having obstructed views, and the price reflected that, but not Sec 2. So I was very disappointed by that.

But it was a fun night. I need to go through my pictures and see if there are any decent ones to share.

I agree about the crowd! I was going to come on here to talk about that today as well...I felt like it made LA looked so bad :( I thought it was horrible how nobody cheered for Will when he started his part during Us Against The World! I sat right in front of your son Dianne :)

Fun night.

The good:

Meeting several Coldplayers, Tracey (duh - she stayed with me.) Kelly, Imelda, Julie, Jason, Ro, Heide. Missed finding Erick, but kept in touch by text.

Watching two songs soundcheck

Seeing Miller, and other roadies we recognized

Seeing Jimmy Kimmel before he interviewed the band

Being in the right place at the right time, and seeing the band walk right past us, on the way to and from the interview. Made eye contact with Will, got a huge smile from Jonny and a wave from Chris

Watching my husband come out of the men's room, saying, "Guy was in there."

The gorgeous night.

The bad:

The crowd sucked. A few got into it, but for the most part, people just stood there, sat down or talked or texted. Especially the people behind me, who sat and talked the whole show, standing only for Viva.

Chris did very little talking. Didn't seem like he did the usual band shoutouts like he usually does, either.

There were a LOT of empty seats.

Our $150 seats were horrible :(. Totally obstructed view. We ended up having a few extra free tickets, and sold them. We kept our bought tickets, thinking the location was good. They were close but our view was totally blocked by the speaker tower and Samsung banner. Great view of Will, but didn't see Guy or Jonny at all. Chris moves around so we got glimpses of him. There was a video screen but the image was reversed, kind of disconcerting to see Jonny playing "left handed." My daughter's seats were next to Kelly's, farther back, but better view, so Tracey squeezed in with them, in the bench seating. Other sections were noted on Ticketmaster as having obstructed views, and the price reflected that, but not Sec 2. So I was very disappointed by that.

But it was a fun night. I need to go through my pictures and see if there are any decent ones to share.