✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Guest howyousawtheworld

I understand the point but there are a lot of iconic and controversial musicians who died young, to me it's not a huge or bizarre coincidence.

it is bizarre... and sad. They were all troubled and mis-understood artists. Gone too soon...

I still get sad about it.

I read this outrageous story today:

http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/870292-amy-winehouse-died-after-36-hour-binge-and-row-with-reg-traviss

A source added to the Daily Mirror: ‘Reg found out Amy and Blake had been chatting and got upset. The pair had a fight and Reg walked out.

‘She was upstairs injecting heroin on a self-destruct mission.

‘The fear is she deliberately took more than usual because she was past the point of caring whether she lived or died. Amy never wanted to die in obscurity, to die having never made a record as good Back To Black. It was almost as if she wanted to die young, to leave a legacy, and to be remembered for her music and her voice. Sadly, she was all too aware of the 27 club and was never scared to join it.’

Read more: http://www.metro.co.uk/showbiz/870292-amy-winehouse-died-after-36-hour-binge-and-row-with-reg-traviss#ixzz1TFrf7cxx

:stunned::cry: I don't believe this story... rubbish if you as me.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My post referred to musicians who die at a young age, and it's not really a bizarre coincidence that some of them died at the same age, it's almost inevitable.

Of course I can understand why people would buy into the idea of a handful of musicians dieing at 27 being interesting- if you're bored, but I don't get it.

I agree with Reilly on this. Besides, you could argue that 27 is an age when a lot of artists reach their creative peak, which makes the deaths seem even more sudden and tragic and thus turns them into iconic figures.

Thank you, I don't get especially why people are like "Isn't that spooky?!". No, it's not.

The "27 Club" thing is fine because fair enough there were 5 or 6 big artists who died at that age but it's not spooky or anything, a year is a long time.

How ironic is it that she may have died from a lack of alcohol?

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/amy-winehouse-family-alcohol-withdrawal-killed/story?id=14181980

I really enjoyed Russell Brand's take on it. I liked Winehouse, not majorly, but she was a talent.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AXSvRWsNJJg]‪Amy Winehouse - Tears Dry On Their Own ***Lyrics***‬‏ - YouTube[/ame]

Favourite song, reflective feel to it, especially now.

Not to sound insensitive but I looked up the "who will die in ..." thread which were made at the start of this year and last year. I was just curious.

In the 2011 one no one guessed it (I think after Reilly's psychic reading of Gary Coleman's death in 2010, there wasn't many proper guesses in the 2011 thread out of fear)

But several guesses for her death in the 2010 thread. The thing is that she definitely had improved from then imo.

• 4 weeks later...

Family says toxicology reports indicate no illegal drugs in Amy Winehouse's system

amy-winehouse_20110723150332_320_240.JPG

LONDON (AP) - Amy Winehouse's family says toxicology tests show there were no illegal drugs in her system when she died.

They say the tests showed "alcohol was present," but it hasn't yet been determined if it played a role in the singer's death last month.

The 27-year-old soul diva was found dead in her London home on July 23, and an initial post-mortem failed to determine the cause of death.

A statement released Tuesday by spokesman Chris Goodman on the family's behalf said "toxicology results returned to the Winehouse family by authorities have confirmed that there were no illegal substances in Amy's system at the time of her death."

It said the family awaited the outcome of an inquest that is due to begin in October.

http://www.wxyz.com/dpp/entertainment/family-says-toxicology-reports-indicate-no-illegal-drugs-in-amy-winehouse%27s-system

I just don't get it.

Bono says: "She's done so much for music."

She released two albums and hadn't released an album in 5 years. Her biggest claim to fame was a song about why she wasn't going back to rehab. SHE HAS A SONG CALLED F*** ME PUMPS!!!! Does someone want to tell me how she's done so much for music?

I just don't get it.

Bono says: "She's done so much for music."

She released two albums and hadn't released an album in 5 years. Her biggest claim to fame was a song about why she wasn't going back to rehab. SHE HAS A SONG CALLED F*** ME PUMPS!!!! Does someone want to tell me how she's done so much for music?

she revived a sound in music that hadn't been mega in a long time. Like it or not, she was a jazz singer. She's no Adele.. but, in her own right, she's influenced that type of music. Look at Duffy... (can't stand her) but she filled that void while Amy was out drugging herself and not making music. She (Amy) was a poet. A trouble soul trapped in her own mind of addiction. She could've be really great. Even greater.