✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Guest howyousawtheworld

I get annoyed with people saying they weren't surprised that somebody died.

If you've lived with a family member or friend who has had the disease of addiction, "knowing that they are going to die" does not make things any easier or less shocking.

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, didn't read your post properly. I agree with you there.

However, I wouldn't call people shallow if they genuinely weren't familiar with the person's work (which is obviously quite unlikely in the case of Amy Winehouse).

Well I think we had already agreed on that point. You have to wonder why these people hadn't bothered to check out her work while she was still alive, but are suddenly interested now she's dead.:dozey:

I don't see why, when you can clearly see someone's on a downward spiral, as was the case with Amy.:confused:

I'm afraid there had seemed to be a certain inevitability in her case, extremely sad and tragic though it was.

George Best is another example.

Anyway, if reports are to be believed, even her mum had felt "it was only a matter of time". I'm sure she would have known better than anyone.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2018385/Amy-Winehouse-drank-death-day-telling-mum-I-love-you.html

If you've lived with a family member or friend who has had the disease of addiction, "knowing that they are going to die" does not make things any easier or less shocking.

I don't think anyone's suggesting otherwise, so I don't really see the point you're trying to make. Nobody can put themselves in the position of her family and friends, unless, of course, they've suffered a similar loss themselves.

Most peoples' assumption will likely come to fruition, but the exact cause of death has not yet been determined, correct?

I honestly don't see what's so very wrong with people giving an artist's music another listen after the news puts that artist in the spotlight. Good for them, if they discover new music that they like.
Thank you.

Guest howyousawtheworld

This. When it came up on Sky News on Saturday afternoon to say I was not shocked and surprised would be a lie. For someone still very young and with a whole career ahead of her and always with the chance to emerge from her troubles it definitely was a surprise. I can understand why people say they were not surprised when taking into context of all what happened before but do they really think that?

THANK YOU, m'dear! :tips hat*

Amy Winehouse has been around quite recently, so I agree. However, I'm sure some young people genuinely weren't familiar with most of Michael Jackson's music until he died. Quite sad really but I wouldn't call if hypocritical.

I've got Amy Winehouse's albums but if the're going to release a Greatest Hit album with a few songs that haven't been released so far, I'll buy it.

good point... ;) but there will never be another MJ! I agree to this extent though about discovering new music and such...but its the bandwagoners I can do without lol

amen! So true.. so true...

Amy Winehouse is still alive! The police drew a line around her body and she sprung up to snort it.

classy. :dozey:

there was a advertisment about drug awarness in the UK mainly aimed at the 18- 40 crowrd of people that mis use drugs..

http://www.talktofrank.com/

I think the naming of the album as such was intentional....

Amy is the newest member to the 27 Club, is what they call musicians who die at 27. It was started by Robert Johnson who dies August 16, 1938, Elvis died on August 16 even though he is not a member, and Madonna was born that day. Other members are Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Hendrix. It is strange that Amy's mom is named Janis. The female who was with Morrison when he died also died at 27. The Almqan Bros. Dwayne and Berry may also be members. 27 Club and other cryptic days for musicians has been something that I have been interested in for a long time. RIP Amy

Amy is the newest member to the 27 Club, is what they call musicians who die at 27. It was started by Robert Johnson who dies August 16, 1938, Elvis died on August 16 even though he is not a member, and Madonna was born that day. Other members are Janis Joplin, Jim Morrison, Kurt Cobain, Brian Jones, Hendrix. It is strange that Amy's mom is named Janis. The female who was with Morrison when he died also died at 27. The Almqan Bros. Dwayne and Berry may also be members. 27 Club and other cryptic days for musicians has been something that I have been interested in for a long time. RIP Amy

I was familiar with that from before, and it's incredibly spooky!:stunned:

You're clearly missing the point. We're talking about a number of iconic, controversial musicians who all made a massive impact, all dying at the same age.

It is most definitely a bizarre coincidence, to say the least.

I understand the point but there are a lot of iconic and controversial musicians who died young, to me it's not a huge or bizarre coincidence.