✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Amy Winehouse Found Dead

Guest howyousawtheworld

even if it wasn't unexpected it's still shocking :( I'm very sad about it.

RIP

I almost cried.. lol got choked up! Shocking like when I heard Cobain had died... my heart fell...

And here we have the Forever 27 Club getting another member. Sad. Too young.

freaky this. But very true... :cry:

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with my Facebook news feed exploding with stati and links concerning her death, it didn't truly sink in until I was listening to iTunes and "Tears Dry on Their Own" came on. I was like, "OH, DUDE."

As troubled as she was, I love her music, so I'm really saddened by this. May she rest in peace. :sad:

Awe this is so sad to hear :( I never really listened to her music but I did like her voice. She was only 27, how did it happen? I didn't read the whole thing.

It hasn't been confirmed, but it's believed to be a drug overdose.

I'm so very sad right now, ever since I heard the tragic news this afternoon!

She was an extremely talented woman who was, humanly, flawed- tragically. A great loss to the world of music and my heart goes out to her friends and family.

From what I've heard, she recorded a lot of her new album...so we might be hearing that? It will be great to have something to remember her by!

Guest howyousawtheworld
Very sad news. I wasn't really a fan of hers, but I always found it sad that her life was just spiralling out of control.

I have seen some people posting on facebook that "she deserved it"...it's absolutely disgusting what some people will say.

It's terrible isn't it. Whatever people's opinions of Amy Winehouse before it really has to take a cold heart to say 'I have no sympathy' or 'she deserved it'. I remember reading similar comments when former Big Brother contestant Jade Goody died of cervical cancer a couple of years ago. Like Winehouse it was horrifying to read and watch on tv, magazines and the internet of them spiralling towards their death. It only goes to show how effective the manipulative, unsympathetic nature the media is which probably directly influenced opinions such as the above.

It's so cruel.

It's terrible isn't it. Whatever people's opinions of Amy Winehouse before it really has to take a cold heart to say 'I have no sympathy' or 'she deserved it'. I remember reading similar comments when former Big Brother contestant Jade Goody died of cervical cancer a couple of years ago. Like Winehouse it was horrifying to read and watch on tv, magazines and the internet of them spiralling towards their death. It only goes to show how effective the manipulative, unsympathetic nature the media is which probably directly influenced opinions such as the above.

It's so cruel.

A death should be treated as a loss of a human life. Whether the person created their own downfall or was brought down by someone else, there is still something deeply sad about it. And when people act so cruelly, you have to wonder if they have any respect for her family and friends of hers. In my opinion, death shouldn't change your opinion of someone, but people should have the respect and dignity not to voice their opinions at this time.

A death should be treated as a loss of a human life. Whether the person created their own downfall or was brought down by someone else, there is still something deeply sad about it. And when people act so cruelly, you have to wonder if they have any respect for her family and friends of hers. In my opinion, death shouldn't change your opinion of someone, but people should have the respect and dignity not to voice their opinions at this time.

this.