✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

I THINK LP5 WILL BE CALLED 'MYLO XYLOTO'...

spike

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey even Gwyneth Paltrow is waiting in agony like us. Did you read her tweet? Very funny!

Yeah, I don't follow her on Twitter but I found the tweet first :laugh3:

Come on, less than three months: "Soldiers, you've got to soldier on..."

No, that was only a quote by me ;)

She actually tweeted:"Who do I have to bang to get an advance copy of new @coldplay album? I mean, really"

AHAHAHAHAH :P

haha very nice. [: She seems to have a good sense of humor.

I really love all the new titles. They seem very colorful and uplifting somehow. They remind me of what I thought VlV titles in a way. A Hopeful Transmission sounds amazing, I love how U.F.O. is still out there and seeming like it could make the album, Mylo Xyloto sounds kinda weird but space-y to me for some reason. :thinking: I can't help but wonder why it says "Up Against the World" unless that's a difference song than US against the World (which I'm starting to think is more likely) or just a typo (nah, seems too careless). Paradise sounds really positive and so does Great Expectations (although what if it's about those expectations being let down? I just thought of that). And Tomorrow sounds generally interesting/mysterious.

I just find it funny how Every Teardrop is a Waterfall isn't on the list and must wonder why that is the case. Granted, I don't think it's as 'atrocious' as some people make it out to be, but I also don't think it's as good as the other new songs we've heard so I really wouldn't mind seeing it left off. Plus lyrically, the other songs go somewhere. You can tell there's really a point/direction/message they're going for. ETIAW just sounds like a song about being happy- which isn't necessarily bad, t just doesn't seem to go with the more elaborate themes suggested by the new songs as well as the new potential titles. It doesn't really go anywhere and I can't say I see how it would fit in. I'm thinking this could be a sign they came to their senses. The way they talked about it, it seems this was a song that they 'forced' out because they needed another track but, now that Chris has written a lot of new ones lately, they don't need to push it in there anymore. I'm hoping this is the case.

Come on, everyone, we're only a few a weeks ago (two or three) to know what is the exact tracklisting and release date for every country...

Don't be so impatient, people...

Thanks locust7 for this information :)

Come on, everyone, we're only a few a weeks ago (two or three) to know what is the exact tracklisting and release date for every country...

Wow I didn't even see this! :D Awesomeeeee! That's definitely good news. Glad to hear from you again Locust. :) It's been awhile, I was worried you had disappeared for good. :\

Locust you're the best but do you have anything else you ccan tell us? Pleassssseeee

since teco brought up some stuff... i'll add that^^ :

"xylo-" as a prefix means something with "wood"

xylophone - > instrument bulit of wood

xylotomy - > preparation of wood for microscopic analysis

xylograph - > an engraving in wood, especially one used for printing

since teco brought up some stuff... i'll add that^^ :

"xylo-" as a prefix means something with "wood"

xylophone - > instrument bulit of wood

xylotomy - > preparation of wood for microscopic analysis

xylograph - > an engraving in wood, especially one used for printing

So . . . Xylobryte means . . . bright wood? :P

The Tree of Life comes to mind when I say that :thinking:

And I just typed 'bryte' into Google and one of the results that popped up was a company that manufactures thermoplastic / thermoset composites to aerospace programs. It says it's solution has been used on satellites and unmanned aircraft . . . Interesting, considering the whole 'space' theme that Coldplay is throwing around.