✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Awesome Random Posting Thread

ColdplayingfromKansas

I work while I'm home, so I have money to spend at school. I don't work at school, not yet, anyway. And clinical has it's own day dedicated to it, it's a full shift (7am-4pm or, in my case, 2pm-11pm) in a hospital assigned to us once a week. We're usually assigned to a nurse or patient, depending on how busy the floor is, and go around and take vitals, give medication (with our instructor present), do a head to toe assessment, and then write up a care plan on a patient for the next clinical.

It certainly feels like I only have time for school work ... it is a bit .. weird, but you know, that happens. And hey, at least it's a minimized travel time! I mean, not seeing friends sucks, but it's still really nice to not be far away.

• Replies 62.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

I work while I'm home, so I have money to spend at school. I don't work at school, not yet, anyway. And clinical has it's own day dedicated to it, it's a full shift (7am-4pm or, in my case, 2pm-11pm) in a hospital assigned to us once a week. We're usually assigned to a nurse or patient, depending on how busy the floor is, and go around and take vitals, give medication (with our instructor present), do a head to toe assessment, and then write up a care plan on a patient for the next clinical.

It certainly feels like I only have time for school work ... it is a bit .. weird, but you know, that happens. And hey, at least it's a minimized travel time! I mean, not seeing friends sucks, but it's still really nice to not be far away.

I'm going to look for a small job here during the second semester so I get some money.

Well you really do learn a lot by working/studying in that hospital

True I see my friends from judo during the weekends and yes it's actually not that far but it is the furthest of all my friends here :p

Woah... I'm a freshman. (Does that word work for unis as well?)

It does. First year/freshman year, that's how it is in the states, anyway. May be different in other states, but that's how it is where I am. And dang! I joined this site ... at least 5 years ago now, under my usual name and then came back under this current name/account a year later.

Also, anyone here seen The Beatles Yellow Submarine? I'm in love with this film all over again, it was my favorite as a kid and I got it for Christmas on DVD and I adore it for so many more reasons than I did as a little girl. I just wonder if any of y'all have seen it?

I changed my name due to a virus that got in to the family desktop ... then I got my tablet and just rejoined off my dad's laptop .. :lipsrsealed2:

And you should totally watch it, it's so good! If nothing else, like the other two Beatles movies, it shows you what tripping may be like. It's a 60's animated movie, so, the animation's bright and weird and definitely fits the period. Plus ... I'm an animation nerd, and can't get over how well it turned out after hearing the history of progress of the movie.

whoah that's unusual :p

Ok I'll watch it after my exam period :nice:

True if I hear how something was made I'll watch it again with a different view and more respect to it

It was rather bizarre, and my parents kinda hated the idea of me being online for anything but school work after a while for fear of more viruses ... they got over it. I rejoined and I don't think they know I did. But I wanted to, I had made friends here! It was weird having to communicate through Brooke to you guys. Not bad, mind you, I just felt bad having to message Brooke on dA and then have her relay my messages to people over here when I could have done it myself.

And it's something about knowing the behind-the-scenes that can really increase you're respect for an art piece, music, film, or even video game. It can also kind of make you see where things went wrong *cough**cough*STARWARSPREQUELS*cough**cough* but you know, that's not always.