• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• MaxRide

• taameen**sparks**

• The Doctor

• Mrk

tumblr_mzehuwiHbz1skp4xso1_500.gif

You are.

Totally unrelated, it's good to see you again, Batman.

Also, very unrelated, anyone here play the new Pokemon games? I over think things and am wondering what pokemon the band would use.

nice to see you again, too :cheesy:

Nah I don't play Pokemon anymore. I used to, but now I'm not interested in playing it.

• Like 1

nice to see you again, too :cheesy:

Nah I don't play Pokemon anymore. I used to, but now I'm not interested in playing it.

I miss having artsy fartsy talk, and also just coldplaying in general.

That's fair. I've been replaying the remake of Sapphire, which is the game I played as a kid, because it's spring break. I was playing while listening to B-Sides and the idea crossed my mind.

Gonna keep going with this totally off topic thing, otherwise, here's a Talk gif because why not?

tumblr_mezb5d0MZ91rzm4exo1_500.gif

^ My friends when I speak medical/nurse jargon to them.

Thanks to the encouragement of a friend on Tumblr, and also the fact that it's pokemon's 20th anniversary, I'm probably gonna have a pokemon crossover kick with the band ... any suggestions for what kind of trainer the boys would be are welcome, but here's what it's looking like as of now:

Chris = Water/Electric types

Jonny = Bug types (maybe grass types, too)

Guy = Fire/Dark types

Will = Rock/Ground types

Phil = Normal types

I don't know how many of you on here are pokemon fans, if any, but I think this is a fun little idea, and I'd like feedback if you're interested.

• Like 2

Gonna keep going with this totally off topic thing, otherwise, here's a Talk gif because why not?

tumblr_mezb5d0MZ91rzm4exo1_500.gif

^ My friends when I speak medical/nurse jargon to them.

Thanks to the encouragement of a friend on Tumblr, and also the fact that it's pokemon's 20th anniversary, I'm probably gonna have a pokemon crossover kick with the band ... any suggestions for what kind of trainer the boys would be are welcome, but here's what it's looking like as of now:

Chris = Water/Electric types

Jonny = Bug types (maybe grass types, too)

Guy = Fire/Dark types

Will = Rock/Ground types

Phil = Normal types

I don't know how many of you on here are pokemon fans, if any, but I think this is a fun little idea, and I'd like feedback if you're interested.

I found your post on tumblr and I dropped a word in. COLDPLAY X and COLDPLAY Y.

Chris seems Fairy-ish to me, or maybe more of an all around.

Jonny seems more psychic to me.

Will seems more like a fighting type.

I agree with Guy, but I was thinking about ghost too (because he never tries too hard to get noticed)

I agree with Phil's typing.

• Like 2

I found your post on tumblr and I dropped a word in. COLDPLAY X and COLDPLAY Y.

Chris seems Fairy-ish to me, or maybe more of an all around.

Jonny seems more psychic to me.

Will seems more like a fighting type.

I agree with Guy, but I was thinking about ghost too (because he never tries too hard to get noticed)

I agree with Phil's typing.

Just saw the post on Tumblr, gotta say, never thought about those mixes and matches! Coldplay X and Coldplay Y sounds like a lot of fun, and not to mention the different albums can be used to influence team choice, maybe? I have yet to be familiarized with a lot of fairy types, if I'm honest, I have only traded with friends who have X and Y, I've got Alpha Sapphire. I'm a bit nostalgia blind for Gen 3, not gonna lie.

I was wondering about fighting types, seems like something Roadie #42 would need to help keep secrets, but for the band, Will would definitely fit the role for having a fighting team. The ghost type with Guy works out well too, I like that. Not sure about psychic with Jonny, but I do like the idea of Jonnyboy using a mega-evolved Alakazam to sweep everything in his path. Thank you so much for your input!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

For an assignment, I have to read a story in another language. It does not matter what language it's in because I will translate it to English, but I was wondering if any of you coldplayers who speak another language could suggest a story/tale? It would preferably be something very short, possibly even for kids. Thanks in advance!

Hmmm I'm finding it quite hard to think of something short and Belgian. This is an urban legend about how the city of Antwerp got its name: http://www.beleven.org/verhaal/hoe_de_stad_antwerpen_aan_zijn_naam_kwam

French is my second language so I don't know that much about the literature and stuff. I used to have a book with modern versions of fables by Jean de la Fontaine for children, so maybe if you can find a modern version of one of those tales.. I think La Cigale et la Fourmi is the most famous one

For an assignment, I have to read a story in another language. It does not matter what language it's in because I will translate it to English, but I was wondering if any of you coldplayers who speak another language could suggest a story/tale? It would preferably be something very short, possibly even for kids. Thanks in advance!

Why don't you try an Aesop's fable are short and have a moral? :)

Here it's one http://www.cuentosparachicos.com/ESP/fabulas/Zorra-Lenador.htm

• Like 1

Hmmm I'm finding it quite hard to think of something short and Belgian. This is an urban legend about how the city of Antwerp got its name: http://www.beleven.org/verhaal/hoe_de_stad_antwerpen_aan_zijn_naam_kwam

French is my second language so I don't know that much about the literature and stuff. I used to have a book with modern versions of fables by Jean de la Fontaine for children, so maybe if you can find a modern version of one of those tales.. I think La Cigale et la Fourmi is the most famous one

Why don't you try an Aesop's fable are short and have a moral? :)

Here it's one http://www.cuentosparachicos.com/ESP/fabulas/Zorra-Lenador.htm

Thanks both of you, I'll take a look at those!

Guest diogo_sg

Here's one in portuguese: http://contosencantar.blogspot.pt/2009/02/parabola-dos-sete-vimes.html?m=1. Hope you like it, if you get to read it ;)

How did I get so old, y'all? This Wednesday I'm gonna know whether I got into some universities or not and I'm gonna have the next four years of my life all laid out in front of me and aaahhhhhh I don't feel like I'm ready to move on; I'm still so young but I'm being pushed along and I can't even catch my breath

is this what teenage angst is?

• Like 3

How did I get so old, y'all? This Wednesday I'm gonna know whether I got into some universities or not and I'm gonna have the next four years of my life all laid out in front of me and aaahhhhhh I don't feel like I'm ready to move on; I'm still so young but I'm being pushed along and I can't even catch my breath

is this what teenage angst is?

I feel like this is gonna happen to me in about a year as well... :/

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I know most of you have at least heard of OneRepublic, the pop rock band which is one of the band's that Coldplay kinda kick started (another example would be Snow Patrol). Theyre supposed to be releasing their 4th album this year but i want to focus on their 2nd album Waking Up which ive been listening to a lot lately.

Like VLVODAAHF, Waking Up is considered to be one of their best because of its experimental sounds and heavy use of strings. The bonus tracks on the deluxe edition sound exactly like Coldplay its actually funny. Anyway heres a rundown on each song:

1. Made For You

Built on a loud drum beat, piano, and simple strings, this song is an example of how 1R can turn any arrangement of instruments into an anthem. The end actually blends in perfectly with track 2. Listen to it and youll know what i mean

2. All The Right Moves

An organ, repeated snare beat, distorted guitar, and even cello create a casual rock song.

3. Secrets

We've all heard this. Powerful drum beat and strings with a hint of guitar form the catchiest song of 2009.

4. Everybody Loves Me

An acoustic guitar riff opens a song about overwhelming fame the band faced after their debut album. Really catchy chorus with a different sound overall.

5. Missing Persons 1 & 2

Possibly the most experimental track on the album, this song opens with a slow tempo, piano riff and not-so-subtle drumbeat with, of course, more present than ever strings. The bridge kind of divides the song, giving an obvious transition into the second half of the song which is completely different from the first involving xylophone, a faster tempo, and a more dramatic feel than the first half.

6. Good Life

Do i really need to say anything? The perfect pop-rock anthem.

7. All This Time

The song you want played at your wedding, trust me.

8. Fear

Very cool song with a full on demonstration of the power of strings that support a high-octave piano riff. Very slow but meaningful and worth listening to.

9. Waking Up

U2 rock anthem. That's all you need to know. Oh and the end features more strings. Cant get enough of that orchestra.

10. Marching On

Really catchy bass line, drum beat, and "whooaaah"s. Only gripe i have is that it sounds like lead singer Ryan Tedder is singing "marshing on". He needed to pronounce the "ch" better.

11. Lullaby

Really soft ending with a subtle bass drum that is fast even though the song is really slow. Basically just a bunch of sounds that will put you to sleep. Do not listen to while driving.

Conclusion: The perfect 2000's pop rock album besides VLVODAAHF.

Sent from my VIVO AIR using Coldplaying mobile app

It's been two years and I still haven't uploaded that piano cover of O... I used to post in here all the time, but the people seemed to be gone and seldom return, it's weird... looking back on all these old posts has made me reminisce

Guest diogo_sg
I get distracted a lot in classes, and I maybe shouldn't. Here's the result anyway:

12822348_799408963536322_919514013_n.jpg?ig_cache_key=MTIwMTY1NDkyNDM1Mzc1MzM1MA%3D%3D.2

Yeah, you probably shouldn't. That drawing is fantastic, though [emoji1]

Yeah, you probably shouldn't. That drawing is fantastic, though [emoji1]

Thanks man!!

And I have a lesson for y'all forum peeps. Drink your eight glasses of water a day, eat your fruits and veggies, make sure to get eight hours of sleep, and don't work yourself to beyond exhaustion like I did. I managed to pass out yesterday because I stayed up too late, woke up too early, took a test, drank too much coffee, and stressed myself out so much!! Nursing school ain't easy, especially when you're an anxious person like I am.

• Like 2

Guest diogo_sg
Thanks man!!

And I have a lesson for y'all forum peeps. Drink your eight glasses of water a day, eat your fruits and veggies, make sure to get eight hours of sleep, and don't work yourself to beyond exhaustion like I did. I managed to pass out yesterday because I stayed up too late, woke up too early, took a test, drank too much coffee, and stressed myself out so much!! Nursing school ain't easy, especially when you're an anxious person like I am.

Hope everything is ok with you now. That must've been scary! [emoji46]

Guest diogo_sg

I'm absolutely loving this year's lineup for this music festival that takes place anually in Portugal. Just wanted to share it with you [emoji6]

ng5808950.jpg