✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of cover artwork??

Bloody

I agree. They're just clean. (I'm a particular fan of the "Parachutes" cover.) I don't think it's as bad with VLV, just because A. it's not their original artwork, and B. it at least gave us an idea of what to expect from the album. MX is just...no.

Apart from the Delacroix painting, I remember liking the VLV's album artworks, especially the "artsy" photos of the band.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unfortunately they no longer use it since 2008 or so (if I'm not wrong they changed it for the VLV artwork). It's a pitty that they abandoned something so iconic.

By the way, I always wonder what is the name of that font (the classic one, I mean). Anyone knows?

I'm pretty sure they still used it for VLV.

I agree, it would be better without the giant title on it. There was a time when Coldplay did'nt need to "yell" the title of their albums.

3827656.jpg

I'm gonna have to agree here.

I'm not saying I hate the new album cover, it's just that it's definitely not one of their best.

Too much going on.

I have been dissapointed since VLV that they dropped the font.

By the way, I always wonder what is the name of that font (the classic one, I mean). Anyone knows?

I've had it for a long time and my favorite font.

Albertus Medium is the name.

I'm pretty sure they still used it for VLV.

If you check the track listing on all editions, it's a different font all together.

Last time they used the classic font was for the 2010 Christmas Lights single.

I have been dissapointed since VLV that they dropped the font.

I've had it for a long time and my favorite font.

Albertus Medium is the name.

If you check the track listing on all editions, it's a different font all together.

Last time they used the classic font was for the 2010 Christmas Lights single.

Ah, that's right. It's just that the difference was not that distinguishable. Now that just makes me sadder :(

But I do not think they just dropped Albertus font...

Even after VLVODAAHF and all it's singles they came with Christmas Lights and there was the old typo again...

They're just refreshing, the new works must have new arts, sticking all life with a single shape of letters would stuck them in reverse.

We'll see ABTS font again in the future :)

I guess they can't always stay the same with everything, but I just think it suited them so well...and it's so classy. It almost became synonymous with Coldplay, I feel.

No, I don't think the (elegant) Alberta font suits with (non elegant) things like ETDIAWF :cry:

Maybe they don't want to spoil the memory of the classic font with their new crappy music :P

This is way, way harsher than I would put it, but I have to say I kind of agree :lol:

No, I don't think the (elegant) Alberta font suits with (non elegant) things like ETDIAWF :cry:

Maybe they don't want to spoil the memory of the classic font with their new crappy music :P

hahahahah well thought.

Well said.

I don't see that font fitting with VLV or MX, but Christmas Lights was a good choice with that font.