✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of cover artwork??

Bloody

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was reffering to the original cover :laugh3:

The problem with the MX-VLV-boobs-photoshop-joke is that they doesn't look like boobs. Delacroix never saw a naked woman in his entire life :laugh3::laugh3::laugh3:

Haven't you heard about something called nipples, Eugine???

To quote a Facebook comment I read earlier: "The album cover looks like a Care Bear threw up all over it."

No, seriously. The MX-era artwork is a hot mess. I hate it.

I actually like the font. I think it's cute. However, it doesn't mesh with the graffiti backdrop at all. It makes it look almost childish.

I hate everything about it, but especially the font. It's a font I would use to put on a cover of a kindergarten kids colouring book.

I agree, it would be better without the giant title on it. There was a time when Coldplay did'nt need to "yell" the title of their albums.

3827656.jpg

To quote a Facebook comment I read earlier: "The album cover looks like a Care Bear threw up all over it."

No, seriously. The MX-era artwork is a hot mess. I hate it.

I actually like the font. I think it's cute. However, it doesn't mesh with the graffiti backdrop at all. It makes it look almost childish.

Agreed, it's awful.

But I disagree about the font, I think it's awful too.

The font would look a lot better if they had a different background that didn't look so busy. I think it'd work if you had a solid background (maybe white) with the font colored in a certain way. Surely that would look a helluva lot better than what we got.

I agree, it would be better without the giant title on it. There was a time when Coldplay did'nt need to "yell" the title of their albums.

3827656.jpg

Exacccctly. What I admire most about the first three is that they're simple and really pretty elegant (X&Y is probably my favorite album cover of all time, regardless of artist). I like understatement personally, but I like how the singular image kind of became a visual signifier of the actual title, whereas now the actual title seemingly has to be the forefront of the visual representation.

3827656.jpg

I lol'd at that cover. And yes, good point about not having to "yell".

edit: And what Chelsea said^ :nod:

The font would look a lot better if they had a different background that didn't look so busy. I think it'd work if you had a solid background (maybe white) with the font colored in a certain way. Surely that would look a helluva lot better than what we got.

Yeah that's true.

I mean, I could make a better mix of paint when I was fingerpainting in kindergarten. I wonder how much Coldplay would pay one of their kids to make their next album art? :thinking:

Exacccctly. What I admire most about the first three is that they're simple and really pretty elegant (X&Y is probably my favorite album cover of all time, regardless of artist). I like understatement personally, but I like how the singular image kind of became a visual signifier of the actual title, whereas now the actual title seemingly has to be the forefront of the visual representation.

This. :nod: I HATE it when artists have to announce themselves all over their album art.

Well, at least they're not at the point where they're on the cover themselves...as much as I love seeing them, that would just make me pretty disappointed.

As much as I kind of really like the artwork itself, it smacks more of a promo poster you'd see on a city street to me, whereas the first three album covers looked like COVERS to me.

I agree. They're just clean. (I'm a particular fan of the "Parachutes" cover.) I don't think it's as bad with VLV, just because A. it's not their original artwork, and B. it at least gave us an idea of what to expect from the album. MX is just...no.

I absolutely agree with you in everything. X&Y is my favourite album cover of all time too (although people assault me in the street for that :laugh3:). And I hate when a band itself appears in the cover (sorry, the Beatles).

Question: Anyone knows whether they would keep the original font of "COLDPLAY" that they've been using for the past four albums:

coldplay.jpg,

or if they're using the MX one from now on?

Unfortunately they no longer use it since 2008 or so (if I'm not wrong they changed it for the VLV artwork). It's a pitty that they abandoned something so iconic.

By the way, I always wonder what is the name of that font (the classic one, I mean). Anyone knows?