✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

What do you think of cover artwork??

Bloody

I totally love the previous four Coldplay album covers. But I'm truly dissapointed with Mylo Xyloto's.

Grafitti? Wow, very original :thinking:

It remainds me a lot of U2 Achtung Baby's artwork (they do this on purpouse? 'cuz Achtung Baby celebrates its 20 anniversary in october).

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I totally love the previous four Coldplay album covers. But I'm truly dissapointed with Mylo Xyloto's.

so how was VLVODAAHF original? not only did they take a painting and slap on the words 'viva la vida' (how original is that?) but another band already used that painting too

dragon-ash--img-mc26cb32415690fa6bc3faa247bb89b7d.jpg

re: MX album art

don't love it or hate it; more interested in what lies tucked away in the album sleeve

It's my favorite Coldplay album cover, even if the name is blah. Viva was just recycled artwork, X&Y was just colored blocks, A Rush of Blood to the Head was interesting but not particularly enjoyable and Parachutes is plain.

Album Cover rank:

Mylo Xyloto

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends

Parachutes

X&Y

Album Name Rank:

Parachutes

Mylo Xyloto

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends (would have been 2nd had they picked one or the other)

X&Y

Album Music Rank:

Parachutes

X&Y

Won't rank Mylo Xyloto until I listen to the album all the way through. Case in point being AROBTTH has more highlights than Viva but I think Viva is the better album.

It remainds me a lot of U2 Achtung Baby's artwork (they do this on purpouse? 'cuz Achtung Baby celebrates its 20 anniversary in october).

I think im gonna be sick :sick:

At least it was surprising, and has a boob on it.

I think MX cover also lacks the "mystery" of X&Y and AROBTTH covers.

the best rebuttal i've heard on this forum, LOL. can't argue with boobs

iunno, imo, they set the bar high when the used AROBTTH and X&Y covers; 2 very good ones imo

It's colorful, meaningful, creative, how could you not like it? It fits Coldplay's typical approach of, make the smallest and simplest of things deep. Sure, it's just their lyrics on graffiti, but, does it not work? I like it a lot.

It's my favorite Coldplay album cover, even if the name is blah. Viva was just recycled artwork, X&Y was just colored blocks, A Rush of Blood to the Head was interesting but not particularly enjoyable and Parachutes is plain.

Album Cover rank:

Mylo Xyloto

Parachutes

X&Y

Album Name Rank:

Parachutes

Mylo Xyloto

Viva La Vida or Death and All His Friends (would have been 2nd had they picked one or the other)

X&Y

Album Music Rank:

Parachutes

X&Y

Won't rank Mylo Xyloto until I listen to the album all the way through. Case in point being AROBTTH has more highlights than Viva but I think Viva is the better album.

and i completely disagree with you