✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX Live DVD, can we expect it?

thetelephoneline

Guest howyousawtheworld

The Barcelona gig in 2009 was meant to be released on dvd but a sound failure at the start of that show during Life In Technicolor shelved any plans of a release. Twisted Logic Toronto as you say was shelved as well because the band weren't happy with it allegedly. We're sure to get another attempt for a dvd recording for the MX Tour and hopefully this time it will actually hit the shelves!

I think these festivals were actually a chance for the band to make sure the new songs and new show aspects could be pulled off as well as possible. My feeling is they'll do a live DVD release fairly soon into their touring, with a release mid-tour. Hopefully it's a double CD/DVD

nevertheless we have some real good festivals recorded ( rock werchter, pinkpop, rock am ring, .....) so in case there will not be any dvd, we have at least those.

i hope they do a recording in germany....don't know why (maybe a bit patriotism xD but well we have some awesome video-wall, i tink it was 60 by 17 meters =O in düsseldorf and great locations in general)

oh btw: they record all the shows for archive, so basically, they are all available... to some people...

I think these festivals were actually a chance for the band to make sure the new songs and new show aspects could be pulled off as well as possible. My feeling is they'll do a live DVD release fairly soon into their touring, with a release mid-tour. Hopefully it's a double CD/DVD

I think if their will be a DVD it will be in the end of the tour. We've got all the festival images now.

would be amazing, i was disappointed LIFL was never part of the Live 2003 CD

I think it's far too early to "expect" anything, but it really is about time for another official DVD from them. At the same time, DVDs don't sell like they used to, so who knows what they'll do. Mat Whitecross was supposed to be doing something with them regarding some sort of documentary, I think, but I'm fuzzy on the details and that seemed like a long time ago, and I don't think it was really supposed to be a concert DVD, either.

If they actually do put one out at some point (which I pretty much wholly doubt we'd see until 2013-14, if most of the touring is going to be in 2012-13), I hope it includes a tour diary :wacky:. That's my favorite part of Live 2003.