✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Limited edition pop-up Album cost?

FlipBack

This is what you could have had, according to Wikipedia:

A deluxe box set including b-sides and home recordings was made available after the album's release. It comes with a vinyl recording of the album and is housed within an antique style box.

I might have to check his music out!

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A deluxe box set including b-sides and home recordings was made available after the album's release. It comes with a vinyl recording of the album and is housed within an antique style box.

Try The Strokes (his band) first before you go into his solo stuff. It's more comprehensive that way, and you'll appreciate it more.

Personally, I like him with The Strokes a lot better than by himself.

^ thanks for the advice. I will do that, I was just on youtube looking for JC's solo stuff but wasn't having much success. What has been going on here. I've been trying to get on here for a while but it says its moving to a new server. What difference will it make if it is on a different server? That sounds like an arrogant question but on this topic I am just innocently ignorant.

Try The Strokes (his band) first before you go into his solo stuff. It's more comprehensive that way, and you'll appreciate it more.

Thanks for the advice, I will do that. I was just in the process of looking at JC's solo stuff on youtube but wasn't having much luck!!!

I my confirmation email was written:

Delivery 1 of 1

1 x Mylo Xyloto - Limited Pop-Up Album Edition Vinyl Box Set Release date: 24/10/11 £49.99

Is the release date concerning the album or the pop up edition too ?! :thinking:

Btw, i payed with PayPal,safest way to secure getting one :D

Glad you managed to get one! That release date is for the album. The special edition you ordered comes out on the 12 december. But you get a mp3 version delivered on the 24 oct.

OK I know this is totally offtopic, but I can't resist making small comments:

Yes, If you don't know The Strokes' stuff, OMG TRY IT OUT. I won't start to ramble about why they are the best band of the last ten years and how they enabled most other influential bands that are around today to make music, but...yes.

Julian's solo stuff is very avant-garde, it's like...baroque/classical music played on electric guitars and synths and stuff, mixed with pop. The Strokes are much more...accessible. Albert Hammond Jr (guitarist's) solo stuff is also very accessible, and heartbreakingly wonderful.

But I know...I actually have all but one of the home recording videos on my computer, but what I really, REALLY want is this beautiful leather-bound book of art, photos and lyrics that only comes in the set. I've looked at my friend's, but I just need to own it for myself :P

OK, shutting up now :lipsrsealed2:

I am posting this here as well. As mp3 download we are getting a quite crappy 160 kbps , which is even less than standard iTunes audio format. If we want a better quality download, let´s all write and let them know! After all we have to wait until December for the CD version: we need something worth listening to in terms of quality!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

Mylo Xyloto - Limited Pop-Up Album Edition price??

Hey there! :D, I'm going to order the MX Pop-Up edition tomorrow (this is the first time I order something) and it costs £39.99 ($53) according to this page:

but I searched on Google and it costs $79.99 here!. I'm really confused, can you help me? has anyone bought this edition?

Thank you!! and sorry for my english :) have a great week :D