✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Limited edition pop-up Album cost?

FlipBack

I'm so torn about this. The money's not an issue but I'm not a collector and have no need for anything but the CD. However, I really want the tour diary. I'm wondering if I can break it up and sell the other stuff on ebay.

Probably. At the very least you could get ~$20 for the vinyl, maybe around $20 for the popup book. $80-$20-$20 = $40. Take out the $10 you would have paid for the CD anyways, and you paid around $30 for the diary. I don't know how far you would get selling the stencils and stickers, but it's worth a shot.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Probably. At the very least you could get ~$20 for the vinyl, maybe around $20 for the popup book. $80-$20-$20 = $40. Take out the $10 you would have paid for the CD anyways, and you paid around $30 for the diary. I don't know how far you would get selling the stencils and stickers, but it's worth a shot.

I find it hard to believe the pop-up book would go for the same price as the vinyl. It's probably the most collectible element of the whole set. If you wanted to sell it on EBay in the future, it'll probably go for more than $20. But then again, the economy sucks, so it's a gamble...

I find it hard to believe the pop-up book would go for the same price as the vinyl. It's probably the most collectible element of the whole set. If you wanted to sell it on EBay in the future, it'll probably go for more than $20. But then again, the economy sucks, so it's a gamble...

We don't know how limited it is. If it is truly limited, then yes, it will probably be worth a lot more. But if they just take as many orders as are made through october, probably won't be worth as much.

Really? :rolleyes:

I'm planning on opening one and keeping one unopened for my collection. Either that or reselling it (I resold my In Rainbows one for like twice what I paid).

I'm a Coldplay addict. What's weird is that I'm usually pretty stingy, but there's something about Chris/Jonny/Will/Gay that makes me want to give them my money. :thinking:

I know a lot of you guys who haven't been charged yet are wondering when you will be charged. I just thought I'd let you guys know that I got charged today for my pre-order. Under my order status on the Merch Direct website it says Preorder Paid. Just a heads up. Make sure you have enough cash in your account.

I'm planning on opening one and keeping one unopened for my collection. Either that or reselling it (I resold my In Rainbows one for like twice what I paid).

I'm a Coldplay addict. What's weird is that I'm usually pretty stingy, but there's something about Chris/Jonny/Will/Gay that makes me want to give them my money. :thinking:

I know right? For some reason I like giving them more and more money :inquisitive:

We don't know how limited it is. If it is truly limited, then yes, it will probably be worth a lot more. But if they just take as many orders as are made through october, probably won't be worth as much.

Good point, but I meant that I doubt there will be as many of the pop-up books as there are copies of the vinyl, hence why it should be worth more in the long run...

I know a lot of you guys who haven't been charged yet are wondering when you will be charged. I just thought I'd let you guys know that I got charged today for my pre-order. Under my order status on the Merch Direct website it says Preorder Paid. Just a heads up. Make sure you have enough cash in your account.

Mine was charged today too! Status says 'Charged Preorder'. It has begun! :dance:

By the way, would a mod mind merging this with the 'Mylo Xyloto Limited Edition Release Date 12/11/11!' thread? Just easier to keep track of one!

Thanks for your replies. I decided to order it...hopefully the diary will be worth it because I'll probably not bother with ebay...

Is there a chance that there will still be copies when it is released or will they all be sold through pre-orders? This may seem like a silly question, i'm not sure how limited they are

I'm 95% sure they'll all be sold through pre-orders.

Yeah, I think they're all preorders, MAYBE with a small number of leftovers sold on their online store for a short period of time until they're sold. Limited edition these days often means "pre-order, we'll manufacture that amount and ship them to you, and then we'll never make them again."

Thanks for your help, I better get a move on then :)

Julian Casablancas, Phrazes For The Young. When the album first came out, I was actually fairly disappointed, or at least put-off by the weirdness of it. Then my mom slapped sense into me and six months later I was crying over how good it was...after all the beautiful deluxe editions sold out.

Oh god that must have been awful! I can't bare to think how disappointed i would be if I went to order the pop-up version and it said 'sold out'. Its making me sick just thinking about it!!!!!