✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Limited edition pop-up Album cost?

FlipBack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i thought(well, i still think) its gonna be around 100€ :stunned:

coz...you're getting the album...a vinyl, a book (!), photos, diaries and even more extra stuff... i can imagine it's going to be packed very nicely...

I just hope its gonna be available worldwide!! :D

I bet it's pretty damn corporate.

I think this is similar to the Radiohead Newspaper album thing they had for TKOL. I think it was $48-$53 USD. And that's as independent as you can get.

Seeing that Coldplay is on a huge label, I'd be willing to bet it can't be under $50 USD at least. More realistically $65-$70.

Limited editions of things like this usually aren't sold in stores because there aren't enough to stock so many retailers. I think it's fair to say that it'll be online only, possibly turning up in one or two nice record stores in cities like NYC and London.

My guess is around $75 USD, maybe as much as $90. New vinyl records themselves usually cost around $25-30 alone, PLUS this will have a CD and a very nice book. Pop-up things are much more delicate and hard to produce, so I think you can wager that the book alone would cost $30+ in itself if it were to be sold separately. I'm unclear as to whether the "exclusive content" mentioned will be part of the book or put into the package separately.

Previous limited-edition things like this that I've bought or considered buying from other artists (Radiohead, Julian Casablancas etc) have cost around $80, and I think this will be about the same. Just because it sounds like it comes from the band's own brain doesn't mean EMI will let them market it for whatever they want--they're going to want to make a profit off of it considering they're hurting and it's uncertain whether or not they'll have the Coldplay cash cow in the future to keep them afloat. It would be lovely if they could get a compromise price down to about $50, but I have a feeling it'll be more like $70-80.

I think this is similar to the Radiohead Newspaper album thing they had for TKOL. I think it was $48-$53 USD. And that's as independent as you can get.

Seeing that Coldplay is on a huge label, I'd be willing to bet it can't be under $50 USD at least. More realistically $65-$70.

You managed to say what I wanted to say in much less space :lol:

Radiohead is much more in control of their own pricing, and the limited editions of IR and TKOL were $50+ (I think IR was like $80, but I can't remember), so I think this is going to be a bit more pricey if EMI has anything to say about it.

^:surprised:

You always explain everything so well!

:)

Aww, thanks :P. I always somehow write paragraphs of text, though :rolleyes:

My guess is around $75 USD, maybe as much as $90. New vinyl records themselves usually cost around $25-30 alone, PLUS this will have a CD and a very nice book. Pop-up things are much more delicate and hard to produce, so I think you can wager that the book alone would cost $30+ in itself if it were to be sold separately. I'm unclear as to whether the "exclusive content" mentioned will be part of the book or put into the package separately.

:o

I don't even want the Vinyl, just the other stuff!