✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Limited edition pop-up Album cost?

FlipBack

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

US$80? Ok, add mark-ups as will happen here and I expect a $90-100 mark when it reaches here.

Screw that. Outta mah price range and I haven't even liked the new songs that much.

It's only available via Coldplay.com, so there shouldn't be any mark-ups. It really does sound like it is actually LIMITED for once due to the later release date. It's not that bad of a deal if you figure you are getting all three formats (which come to roughly half the cost). If it is truly limited, it's a worthy investment in my eyes. I'm just using the money I didn't use for a ticket to Austin City Limits friday, so I'm all good! :)

I'm definitely going to get it, even though I'm kind of worried about this album. Because it's limited, this thing isn't going to be available for very long, so if I decide I want it next summer, I'm not going to be able to get it. I did this with another deluxe album boxset a few years ago and I'm STILL kicking myself for not getting it, because I love the album now. I also collect Coldplay physical formats, and even if it might not end up being my favorite album of theirs, the box set seems pretty awesome with all the stuff inside :P

I want to have it! :D But why do we have to wait untill 12 december? :o Will we get the cd on 24 october and the rest in december. Or will I have to wait untill december for a physical copy if I buy the pop-up edition? :(

You'll have to wait until Dec for the physical copy. You do get the download on the 24th, though.

I want to have it! :D But why do we have to wait untill 12 december? :o Will we get the cd on 24 october and the rest in december. Or will I have to wait untill december for a physical copy if I buy the pop-up edition? :(

I think this is a good sign. It probably indicates it IS truly limited as they are most likely taking pre-orders to a set number, then beginning production on them. That's at least what I'm hoping! :lol:

An additional plus is the fact I (hope I) get the MP3 version a day earlier since it isn't released in the States until October 25th...

Over-priced?

Putting aside any fears over the quality of the album (which I don't personally hold, think the whole thing together will be awesome), does anybody else feel that the pop-up album is very expensive, even for a deluxe version? I know there's some nice things in it, but £50 feels like a bit of a rip-off for what will essentially be an artwork book and some stickers...

Just feels like a bit of a sting for fans, especially in these post-recession times?

I know some fans might seem its over-priced but I dont think its over priced for whats included.When you add it all up -

Estimation...

Mylo Xyloto Cd - £8

Vinyl Edition - £17

Digital Edition - £8

Graffiti pop-up Book - £20+

If you add each of these up - £53

Also your getting Exclusive content (photos,excerpts from studio diary + bands notebooks)

Poster + stickers and stencils

For the content you get I think its a fair price for something that could become a rare limited edition - but thats just my opinion.