✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise is amazing

42rock89

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Am I the only one who thinks the story is truly touching? I can really feel for this woman, who once dreamed of a beautiful world and then was crashed by reality, but she somehow still finds the strength to keep dreaming and maintain the hope that there will be a new brighter day...I can imagine so many people feeling like this in the world now, in different situations, whether it´s personal strife, war or just the darkness life sometimes brings.

Totally agree, the story is touching and many can relate to it.

I hear new layers on this song everytime...the violins, the piano, wow. Still crazy about it!

Haha, I posted something like this on another thread.

The strings, the bass, the GUITAR RIFF, the delicate piano notes and the shy drums. You have to pay attention to hear it. I've listened to Paradise maybe 30 times yesterday and each time, I find a new sound, a new layer. It's amazing.

Looks like today, I 110% agree with everything you say :):):)

With strings like that to start, how can anyone call it a piece of pop? :confused: and the moment the bass kicks...my mind just like blows. BOOM :shocked2:

I agree with the above, not enough praise has been given Guy here. The riff is simple, yet without it the song wouldn't feel the same. :D

Am I the only one who thinks the story is truly touching? I can really feel for this woman, who once dreamed of a beautiful world and then was crashed by reality, but she somehow still finds the strength to keep dreaming and maintain the hope that there will be a new brighter day...I can imagine so many people feeling like this in the world now, in different situations, whether it´s personal strife, war or just the darkness life sometimes brings.

Go ahead and make fun of me if you like, but the first time I listened to it with my earphones, in the dark, in the middle of the night, I cried.

The words mean a lot to me because of some things I have gone through in life. I was really touched and I really identified.

I love the song. :)

Go ahead and make fun of me if you like, but the first time I listened to it with my earphones, in the dark, in the middle of the night, I cried.

The words mean a lot to me because of some things I have gone through in life. I was really touched and I really identified.

I love the song. :)

Make fun of you?? WHY? I also cried!!

Paradise is magic! :)

This! I don't want to be all cliche and go 'I feel like this song was written for me', but... I feel like this song was written for me. (I'm not gonna post my personal story here, but you'd agree if I did.)

Someone said the lyrics are simple because they're written from the young girl's perspective, I realized that too. A cheesy line like 'life goes on, it gets so heavy' totally fits the way she thinks, or what her friends and parents told her.

Paradise doesn't exist (at least not in life on earth), so it's naive to dream about it and so the lyrics are naive. She's not being smart, so the lyrics aren't smart.

Still not good lyrics, but they do fit the story.

Even the para-para-paradise part, you could interpret like the girl not being able to 'describe' paradise properly. She dreams about a perfect life, but doesn't know what that exactly looks like and she isn't able to make it happen. So she hesitantly decides to just call it 'paradise', but she never gets there. (This may be a little far-fetched, but I like the idea.)

As for the overproduction, it's very slick and made 'perfect', again because it's about paradise - a perfect place. They used loads of strings, synths and heavenly choirs, a warm and welcoming sound, just like paradise would be warm and welcoming.

It's so clever, the production totally fits the context, just like Major Minus.

I can't believe it. Yesterday I just liked it and was worried like everyone else, but it has grown on me so much.

So far my epiphany.

:escaping2:

Edit: Btw, I love how the board has it's positive vibe back. Thanks for that everyone :kiss:

Not, isn't the same thread. I post here some opinions and list conclusions I get from differents threats. That threat is a discussion about if it's amazing or not.

This. And I can't understand why people can't create new threads saying that the song is good when there are hundreds of threads bashing the song and making fun of it.

1. "The instrumentation says so much more than those lyrics do". Yes, this song have a great instrumentation, great powerful bass line, nice pop-hip-hop drums rythm, wonderful piano and a good guitar riff (maybe a little late in the song). Synth is simple awesome, full complements with the whole instrumentation.

2. This song have a heavenly intro, one of the best in Coldplay songs. Also, have a great end, with some pretty change on progression of chords.

3. "If you read the lyrics out of context it almost looks like the words to a school-yard chant, and the band sings it like one. The repetitive tale of this girl sounds like a cautionary one rather than an inspirational one."

Yes, the "para, para, paradise" phrase maybe can be anoying, but it's part of the song context and her story. "Perhaps they know that the lyrics are cheesy"... "is a layer of many, the whole of which is required to really grasp the story of what the song is trying to say."

This lyrics aren't good and deep like normal Coldplay songs, but they are like "The repetitive tale of this girl", a girl who has the role of the main character of the song. The lyrics narrate the feeling she has, and how that feels is about the concept of the album. Graffiti, street people, reality into it, dreamy boy and girl about the 80' season, and many others concept associated with whole concept. That's why it's so cheesy. It's not good. But it fits with the role of this song.

4. "Paradise: Intro to female lead (Girl who dreamed of paradise despite oppression, very unsure of self". As I said, Paradise is part of the concept of history that this album is telling us. Accept it as such, expects the album to criticize. "We don't yet know how it fits into the whole scheme that is Mylo Xyloto."

5. "This is a creative mess."

If after this review you still can't stop hating the song, it's no remedy, at least, to see some positive things objectively have this song. But well, it remains being subjective the way you see it.

I don't agree with any of this, but if you like it, then good for you.

People don't like it because they haven't reached a level of sophistication.

LOLWUT.

No, seriously, this is probably the most incredulous thing I've read so far on this forum.

All of these threads are stupid. We've got 100 talking about how good it is, and 100 talking about it sucking. A few threads would be fine.
that's partly our problem because sometimes merging threads when the server is smoking causes performance problems. We will be tidying up in the next few days though :)