✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise is amazing

42rock89

I liked "Paradise" on first listen, but it wasn't instant love like with ETIAW.

Now? I can't get enough of it. I really think it's brilliant. The opening strings and synths and their reoccurrence around the 2:48 mark with the "la-la-la's" -- amazing. My favourite part by far.

Love this song.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really like Paradise. Initially I hated it

I think that the first verse's melody seems rushed, as if he's making a big effort to put it all in that one space. And I don't like that bit when you can hear people clapping.

But I love the general feel, it makes me think of a clammy, futuristic small metal lab in the middle of this jungle on some alien planet, with big red pterodactyl sort of birds and blue...a lot of blue.

I really like Paradise. Initially I hated it

I think that the first verse's melody seems rushed, as if he's making a big effort to put it all in that one space. And I don't like that bit when you can hear people clapping.

But I love the general feel, it makes me think of a clammy, futuristic small metal lab in the middle of this jungle on some alien planet, with big red pterodactyl sort of birds and blue...a lot of blue.

What bit? I didn't notice any people clapping :thinking:

I've listened to the song...over 1,000 times according to my iPod. And the the thing is, I was reading The War of the Worlds while constantly having the song on repeat, and I've finished the book. But now, when I listen to Paradise, I'm constantly being reminded of martians and their destruction of England and my heart begins to sink....lol !

But other than that, it's a really wonderful song. I like their new direction.

From 3:00 to 3:08, it's not very loud but when you hear it first, you can't not notice it. For some reason it annoys me that bit...

I hear it now!:o

But to me it seems some kind of synthetized beat :thinking:

Yeah I see where you're coming from.

I don't know what everyone's saying about Hip Hop and it sounding like a OneRepublic song...the drums aren't electronic at all, I mean maybe there's a small underlying part, but all I'm hearing is just the kit playing the beat, it just so happens to be a sort of drum machine style loop...think Phil Selway on Radiohead's experimental albums? A lot of the time (especially TKOL) it's not really electronic drums.

Guest howyousawtheworld

I wouldn't say I love this song but boy it's somehow getting close to it. It shouldn't be. I don't quite know what it is - the dreamy synths? The instantly exotic opening? Heck is it the generic chorus of Para para paradise whoa ohh ohh...? Either way I really like this song now and I was quite cool towards it when I first heard it. It's warmed to me in a way ETIAW never has and probably never will.

I'm in love with Paradise. The beat does remind me of hiphop, but I have nothing against that.

The lyrics are still bad though. Then again, I relate to them really, really well, so I can handle some cheese there.

A few weeks ago, I was having a very bad day and Paradise came on the radio, and I started sobbing like crazy. It took me ten minutes to pull myself together. I mean, I've cried at songs before (only a few thousand times :rolleyes:), but this was something else. So now I have a deep emotional connection with it. :P

The only thing that really bothers me, is that it's clearly not as good their previous second singles.

I love the violin - the piano - the synthesizer - Guy's bass line - Will's drums - Jonny's MARVEL:heart:US riff - Chris's voice :awesome:

(should I continue to list...? lol I don't think ;))

According to me, PARADISE is definitely a BEAUTIFUL piece of ART !

:):):):):)

yes I agree this is definately definately a piece of high art, not to be scoffed at at all

don't listen to the fanbase: coldplay is infalliable al haill ALL HAIL :):):)

the only modern band that creates art that comes close to this is muuse!11 and riahna

:):):):):)

Well, I did not liked it at first, but after seeying it live, with all us singing together I'm liking it.

It is a catchy song and it is now part of my history with Coldplay since I'm on CP.com because of it (R#42 #148 :awesome:)

I feel the same but still disappointed even if in live it's better but...I don't like how's it's turning with Coldplay :/ thanks CHARLIE BROWN, US AGAINST THE WORLD, MX/HURTS LIKE HEAVEN and MAJOR MINUS :D but I feel the things like a VIVA LA VIDA BIS ... But I understand all the people just according to me I feel a little disapointed and have a deception :( for me it´s a mid of good and bad ...:\

just watched Coldplay perform Paradise on the Jonathan Ross show, sounded different than usual. I think they shortened the strings intro and the 2nd bridge section, and there was a lot less synth than usual. I liked it! :D also there was an advert for some nature documentary and they had like the first 20 seconds of Paradise on it.

Coldplay - Paradise (on The Jonathan Ross Show) 15th Oct 2011 - YouTube[/url]

it is.

one of the best perf!

thanks for sharing this :) I like how they made Jonny's solo at the end sound different as well. Shame JR didn't interview them though :/