✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise is amazing

42rock89

Coldplay is walking side by side with the world's new era...like more than ever people are turned into new philosophies of life inspired on isoteric issues....etc

For myself I'm totally into their new style, I cheerish them for the audacy even knowing they would lost fans from old times...but a change is needed, they couldn't keep as mainstream / alternative style for various reasons: their life now is totally different when they began their career, and if they kept the same as before they would develop their creative side either.

Cheers for Paradise and Mylo Xyloto! :)

Cheers ! These are exciting times :dance:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

please another post

Actually I had a typo there, I wanted to say: and if they kept the same as before they WOULDN'T develop their creative side either.

And I can also add, that the colors, the grafitties are welcome we need these optimism in life!

This! I don't want to be all cliche and go 'I feel like this song was written for me', but... I feel like this song was written for me. (I'm not gonna post my personal story here, but you'd agree if I did.)

Someone said the lyrics are simple because they're written from the young girl's perspective, I realized that too. A cheesy line like 'life goes on, it gets so heavy' totally fits the way she thinks, or what her friends and parents told her.

Paradise doesn't exist (at least not in life on earth), so it's naive to dream about it and so the lyrics are naive. She's not being smart, so the lyrics aren't smart.

Still not good lyrics, but they do fit the story.

Even the para-para-paradise part, you could interpret like the girl not being able to 'describe' paradise properly. She dreams about a perfect life, but doesn't know what that exactly looks like and she isn't able to make it happen. So she hesitantly decides to just call it 'paradise', but she never gets there. (This may be a little far-fetched, but I like the idea.)

As for the overproduction, it's very slick and made 'perfect', again because it's about paradise - a perfect place. They used loads of strings, synths and heavenly choirs, a warm and welcoming sound, just like paradise would be warm and welcoming.

It's so clever, the production totally fits the context, just like Major Minus.

I can't believe it. Yesterday I just liked it and was worried like everyone else, but it has grown on me so much.

So far my epiphany.

:escaping2:

Edit: Btw, I love how the board has it's positive vibe back. Thanks for that everyone :kiss:

Very good point of view. Coldplay have this quality of writting lyrics that fit into our lives. It's normal for you to identify yourself with the meaning of the song. It happens to me all the time. ;)

And yes, the instrumental sound is so rich that makes the song so enjoyable to listen in my opinion, specially the violine sound...

This thread makes me so happy.

The minority that hates Paradise is more vocal than the majority that loves it (The polls are in our favor). Or is it that the Paradise lovers are too busy listening to it on repeat all day (just like me)?

This has to be it, I just love the song. I don't understand the hate

^ Because ENL has better (= deeper and more original) lyrics and isn't so highly produced, so repetition is 'allowed' on that one.

I have a question. Are there any people who really love this song and don't like ETIAW?

Because Paradise is growing to be my favourite of all the new songs (yes I'm serious) and ETIAW is by far my least favourite. Is that weird?

I have a question. Are there any people who really love this song and don't like ETIAW?

Because Paradise is growing to be my favourite of all the new songs (yes I'm serious) and ETIAW is by far my least favourite. Is that weird?

No, why should it be weird? I like both songs though.

^ Well I think it's weird because ETIAW is the same direction as Paradise. And I don't like the new direction.

I don´t think it´s weird because even though both songs contain synths and electronic sounds, the melodies are quite different and the moods of the songs as well.

love both songs - i'll admit took about 2 to 3 listens before i was hooked and amazed how awesome the new sound is - it's like their maturing beyond just simple acoustic and basic instruments. Paradise with a good pair of headphones on transports you to another realm or just a higher sense of feeling/being. Can't wait to hear it live - I think it's equally worthy to Viva La Vida after digesting it for a few days - it's epic, it's got that catchy hook, and that synth fuzz bass dropping out of nowhere just blasts the song into the stratosphere after the ethereal enoxification and dav rossi strings intros the song - God, these guys are getting better and better. ETIAW is amazing too - love jonny's riff, the melody, the lyrics, and overall buildup... two amazing songs and more to come... can't wait.

ETIAW is amazing too - love jonny's riff, the melody, the lyrics, and overall buildup... two amazing songs and more to come... can't wait.

...and I totally share your opinion ;)

We have to read between the lines in order to feel a song...

CAN'T F*CKING WAIT to see PARADISE music video :heart: and to have MX in my hands !!! :)

I'm starting to think that this song is about suicide. I know it sounds fucking ridiculous since the lyrics are so simple you can't find a real meaning at all, but it's what it comes to my mind when I listen to it... I'm always wrong about song meanings, so whatever xD

^ Because ENL has better (= deeper and more original) lyrics and isn't so highly produced, so repetition is 'allowed' on that one.

I agree Everything's Not Lost is way better, but I think that what's more deep about the song (and what really makes me feel good when I listen to it) it's the repetitiveness, not the lyrics in the beginning. I was just trying to say that (to me!) it's not a valid argument against the song to say that it's too repetitive.

And also, yeah, I prefer Paradise even though people on this forum seem to dislike it (at least some of them, if you see the Polls I think that 70% of people have rated it 6+). But I also think that ETIAW fits really well before Major Minus

I'm starting to think that this song is about suicide. I know it sounds fucking ridiculous since the lyrics are so simple you can't find a real meaning at all, but it's what it comes to my mind when I listen to it... I'm always wrong about song meanings, so whatever xD

Actually, I thought about that too. But then I went: naaaah that's too dark........ Is it? :thinking:

And I agree with you about ENL, but I just think that you can't really compare the two songs, or the lyrics. :)