✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise is amazing

42rock89

^ Because ENL has better (= deeper and more original) lyrics and isn't so highly produced, so repetition is 'allowed' on that one.

I have a question. Are there any people who really love this song and don't like ETIAW?

Because Paradise is growing to be my favourite of all the new songs (yes I'm serious) and ETIAW is by far my least favourite. Is that weird?

You're not the only one.

ETIAW isn't my favourite song but I'm loving Paradise. I've listened to Paradise a countless times now but only about a handful of ETIAW.

But maybe it would sound better with the whole album. :worried:

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ :) Yeah I hope so...

I just found the answer: it's just that I can relate to this song a lot. A lot. And that's the main, if not the only reason why I love it. It's also why a lot of people don't like it (apart from the pop sounds and para-para) - they can't relate to it.

It's a song on a concept album, just a small, random part of a story. If you don't recognize anything from your own life, or you can't imagine it, you feel distance towards the song. I have that with ETIAW.

So I think that songs you don't like now, could definitely sound better when you listen to the album as a whole.

I know this has been said before, it just didn't sink in. My brain can be really slow sometimes.

I'm starting to think that this song is about suicide. I know it sounds fucking ridiculous since the lyrics are so simple you can't find a real meaning at all, but it's what it comes to my mind when I listen to it... I'm always wrong about song meanings, so whatever xD

Here's my thoughts: I think it is obviously about the female character in the story. Because Paradies comes early in the tracklist, this might be the first time we are introduced to her. We clearly know that she discontent, and is dreaming for more... If Mylo Xyloto is indeed an alien... maybe, just maybe, they will meet, sing a duet on Princess of China, and then end up going Up With the Birds and leaving planet Earth. Maybe Move to Mars? haha.

I just don't understand those complaining about it being too repetitive. It looks like no one listened to Everything's Not Lost (probably one of the best songs on Parachutes)...

Go figure. The newly released live Up In Flames is even more simple and repetitive than Paradise but alas no backlash about those lyrics. :confused: I have given up understanding the criteria behind some criticism....

I really like Paradise, but I have not downloaded it yet... I listen to it on youtube :P

I dnt know if I wanna buy it twice :\ especially since I did spend a good amount of money on the limited edition MX already. And then this could prevent me from overplaying it. :P

If you preorder the album on iTunes you get Paradise instantly, and then you don't have to pay for it again (the other songs on the album will download on 24th October, and until that happens, Paradise stays as a Single with its own artwork). :)

If you preorder the album on iTunes you get Paradise instantly, and then you don't have to pay for it again (the other songs on the album will download on 24th October, and until that happens, Paradise stays as a Single with its own artwork). :)

Well no reason to pre-order on iTunes when she already bought the album as limited edition. I caved in and bought Paradise upon release date: figured it was just $ 1.

Yes. Sorry, my english isn't good at all.

I can't understand why you are so angry in every post about good feelings from Paradise. If you don't like my thread, it's ok, but don't belittle it. There are so many absurd threads, like "LIFE GOES ON IT GETS SO HEAVY" or "Wah Wah Wah vs. Para Para Para", etc. I'm only trying to create a prospect of good things about this song.

Hey! Please, you don't need to apologize! My english is terrible, but here nobody matters. We're all coldplay fans! That's what matters!!:)

Personally I think paradise is an amazing song. Everything fits perfectly. I liked every tear drop is a waterfall the moment i heard it and the same with paradise. Both solid songs. I'm not going to like anything they realease just because i like Coldplay but they keep on giving good music. The base line in this song is really good too. I know some people like the old stuff but this new music from 2008-current seems to me to give a burst of life, makes you feel on top of the world. They did the slow stuff ie the scientist, fix you, warning sign, trouble etc etc For which some people brand them depressing, far from that, to me they are uplifting and beautiful. Now they seem to have upped the tone to a more cheerful uplifting beat, that makes me feel alive and give me a buzz. I personally like their new stuff just as much as the old, both for their own reasons as i said.

Thank goodness their album is out soon the tosh in the charts is getting boring, timed just right. Time to inject some proper music into the charts again.

• 2 weeks later...