✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAW vs. Paradise

DukeNewcomb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What If and The Hardest Part are definitely some of their weaker singles, but they were singles released later in the game--not LEAD singles (as this is, technically, since ETIAW was more of a pre-album-announcement teaser). They were definitely trying to do something different by releasing Paradise instead of Charlie Brown, probably reach the Top 40 radio crew who've always hated more classic Coldplay before, but...if they're going to turn off a lot of already existing fans, especially a lot of the older ones, I wonder if their gains are as big as their losses, or potential losses.

I'm not really a fan of ETIAW...And I'm not really decided on Paradise...but I voted for Paradise on the poll. Actually I'm not exactly a fan of either of them, but Paradise is...I don't know. I just like it a little better.

Both of them have too many repeats as their main flaw. But I adore the strings in Paradise, so it gets a point for that, at least.

I cant vote, they're both so good <3 <3 <3

I LOVE BOTH OF THEM !!! ^^

ETIAW-"And all the kids they dance, all the kids all night

Until monday morning feels another life

I turn the music up

I'm on a roll this this time and heaven is in sight.."

PARADISE- "Life goes on, it gets so heavy

The wheel breaks the butterfly

Every tear a waterfall

In a night, the stormy night she closed her eyes

In a night, the stormy night away she flies

Dream of para para paradise .."

• 3 months later...

I usually can't judge one CP song against another, but in this case Paradise wins it for me. Neither are bad songs, but I dislike the fact that ETIAW has such a reliance on a backing track whereas Paradise makes use of all the band's instrumental capabilities. If Chris had a piano part in ETIAW then I would like it a whole lot more.