✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

ETIAW vs. Paradise

DukeNewcomb

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Telling poll...

I believe this poll alone is rather telling of where Coldplay is in the music scheme right now.

We all want Coldplay to be amazing because that's what we are used to and expect in all the best ways. But they have truly taken a step back when it comes to the census that is Coldplaying.com.

When ETIAW was release I recall a pretty 'iffy' reaction from the fans here at best. Some loved it! A lot couldn't stand it and many were in between.

So now the lead "single" off of the album hits the radio waves and there is still a doubt as to which is a better song...ETIAW or Paradise? (the poll reads at about 50:50 currently)

SERIOUSLY!?

With such a unappetizing feeling from ETIAW most wanted something epic out of this single but it seems to have flopped. Maybe the expectations were too high? Or for just a brand of music completely different? I'm leaning toward the latter.

A lot of people will really love Paradise, but I'm afraid more of them aren't even fans of Coldplay, yet.

As far as the track itself, I'm on the fence, but "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For." And I'm growing weary of whether I will find it all from this band from here on out. I still am about excited as one can be about MX in late October, but it's a different excitement now...a cautious excitement.

I don't think it matters that ETIAW has been out for awhile. When I first heard MTM, I immediately connected with it and it became my most favorite song from this era thus far. I would rate MTM over anything I've heard from this new album so far.

I voted ETIAW. It's catchier. But, they are both middle of the road for me. I'll tolerate a few songs like ETIAW...and Paradise, but please....I hope that is it. I'm already a little ill that ETIAW made the album, so now we have two synthpoppy songs on the album. Let's hope that's all there is.

ETIAW has definitely had time to grow on me and for some reason I love hearing it on the radio but I rarely pick it from iTunes... but I'm just really digging Paradise, there's nothing wrong with the direction the band is going. They could have either gone the acoustic-y route or gone to this hip-hop/electric flavored one. Paradise is getting me really excited for the album, which the lead single is supposed to do.

I don't think it matters that ETIAW has been out for awhile. When I first heard MTM, I immediately connected with it and it became my most favorite song from this era thus far. I would rate MTM over anything I've heard from this new album so far.

YES YES YES YES YES.

Every Teardrop, by FAR.

Even though there was so much drama surrounding that song too, and it was probably their most polarizing song, I've actually always really loved it, despite its flaws. But Paradise...I don't hate it or find it unlistenable, but I really think it's the weakest single they've ever released, and it might be my least favorite thing they've ever come out with. Besides the fact that it's just not my vibe or style, at least ETIAW is fun and exciting, something a lot of people might not love, but that at least we'd all kind of bop around to happily at a gig. I just find Paradise to be meandering, repetitive and boring, and I can't really imagine it being a big one at shows.