✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The Singles 1999-2006, Good buy?

b2000b

I just purchased Coldplay The Singles for $40 (USD). All the Vinyl's are there, and the box is is good condition (excluding for a tear in the left corner of the cover) It also came with a bag (no mug). I believe i got a good deal, did I? Is the Bag rare? Thanks for anyones help ;)

Really makes me wanna buy a turntable :( Maybe I can wish it for Christmas! Anyone can suggest a good one moderately priced? (Can you get a turntable with earphone plug by the way? I don´t have decent speakers :(

You can always buy a portable turntable that has the speakers built right in (the "suitcase" models, if you will). You carry it around like a piece of luggage, and just plug it in to hear it. There are lots of models to choose from, but I'd stay away from Crosley. I hear there are always problems with those. Or, you can buy an actual turntable that you connect to a receiver as more of a standard home audio piece.

Speaking of which, in my opinion, Ion and Audio Technica both make decent turntables at good prices (usually under $80). I would suggest one of these as a good entry-level turntable. Usually Amazon stocks them. Not sure if you can plug an earphone in them though. Do you have a receiver? If so, you can plug the turntable into the receiver and simply use the out-jack of the receiver to plug your headphones into. As for speakers, they are relatively cheap nowadays. In fact, if you have any pawn shops, thrift shops or charity stores in your area, you can usually buy a good decent pair of used speakers for around $20 or $30. Later in time you could always get something new, again, through Amazon, Fry's, Best Buy, or whatever else is around your neck of the woods. Despite what people may say, you don't have to spend massive amounts of money to have a good quality sound system. And at the end of the day, it's whatever you want, what fits your own budget, and getting to hear the music you love. :)

Really makes me wanna buy a turntable :( Maybe I can wish it for Christmas! Anyone can suggest a good one moderately priced? (Can you get a turntable with earphone plug by the way? I don´t have decent speakers :(

What kind of stereo do you have (like a mini component or a tuner/etc...)? In either case, a nice little pair of shelf speakers won't cost you much. Not sure of any turntable with a headphone jack, but if your system had a phono connection you can run headphone from the stereo. If you run mini component, seek a phono built for that system.

Denon makes a fantastic entry level Turntable for under $100usc, but you can't go wrong with an old Technics, if you find one at a garage sale, etc... (wouldn't pay the price for new). I'd stray from Ion and other mid-level brands, since they have so-so reviews for reliability, but I see Ion has good cartridge availability, which is a plus. Personally, I like Denon, and primarily use their components in my audio system, so I'm biased, but it will last you forever. My first Denon turntable is 25 years old and still runs without issue. My newest Denon is five years old, purchased for its USB copying capabilities.

Good luck!

• 3 weeks later...

I actually got a really good deal on this for $30 at my local Newbury Comics. But there's a problem, on the Blue Room EP the package wasn't completely glued and the label on Speed of Sound says Thing I Don't Understand on both sides. I know it's not that big but it annoys me that I don't know what side is what song. Do you guys think I could return it for another copy? I know they take defective products back and give you another copy, but I'm not sure if they'll consider that a problem.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Got the set last week for about $40. No bag or mug, but I love it soo far. However, I jumped the gun and bought the cheapest record player I could find, which apparently only plays at 33 speed. This meant extra editing on most of the tracks to speed up the playback to that of a 45. I'm considering taking back the turntable for one with adjustable speed. If the store will let me, that is. :(

• 10 years later...
  • 1 year later...

Yes, purchasing Coldplay's "The Singles 1999-2006" vinyl box set for $40 USD with all vinyl included, except for a tear in the cover's left corner, and a bonus bag but no mug, likely represents a good deal considering the overall condition and completeness of the set. The rarity of the bag may vary, but the inclusion of it adds value to the purchase.

23 hours ago, billdaniels said:

Yes, purchasing Coldplay's "The Singles 1999-2006" vinyl box set for $40 USD with all vinyl included, except for a tear in the cover's left corner, and a bonus bag but no mug, likely represents a good deal considering the overall condition and completeness of the set. The rarity of the bag may vary, but the inclusion of it adds value to the purchase.

All hail our AI overlords, telling us that Coldplay's "The Singles 1999-2006" vinyl box set for $40 USD with all vinyl included, except for a tear in the cover's left corner, and a bonus bag but no mug is a good bargain