✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

How does Jonny contribute to this song?

parachutes333

I no longer hear the distinction of each member and their greatness... If you listen to Parachutes, each member has something to offer. Jonny with his unique riffs in it's simplest form.. I don't hear Jonny in this song... only at the end... He gets a brief solo... Have they hired davide rossi and kicked out Jonny? What's with all the strings?? They compliment a song sure... but I want to hear coldplay.. All 4 members.. Why are they hiring others to contribute to their music? They have created their best work before. And what's with Rihanna featuring in POE??? 2 versions fine but not the album version! I can't accept hearing a Coldplay album and Rihanna being in it.

Here we go with the parachutes comparisons again...

What about us against the world? That's about as parachute-y as it gets!

And if you watch the viva video and listen to it with decent headphones you'll hear his tiny sounding guitar in there. He plays during the bridges.

This is totally true, I mean maybe he has lots of underlying and subtle guitar lines which sound like something else?

But I keep getting this almost depressed feeling whenever I hear any of the songs form this era, as if it's their last, I dunno it's odd. It feels as if this is a band trying to push out something which isn't really there and the result is slightly unoriginal songs which follow the crowd...

I hope to god (if there is one) that he has a bigger part in the album, not for "parachutes sakes" but, judging by Martin's statements, if he's lied, that'll be rubbish.

I think they wanted to prioritize other sounds on Paradise, so they left Jonny´s riff til the end. It is very short, but it is quite beautiful. I am sure he will have plenty more coverage on other songs, as we already heard on MM, HLH,etc..

this

jonny has lead in MM , CB , HLH , has guitar in MTM , Paradise,ETIAW,etc..

this thread is useless :lol:

Yes, the evidence you have presented here cannot be disputed. How could I have missed that?!

Just to make it clear, the specifics you've gone into to understand a guitar players "tiny" contribution to one single song, is pathetic. It's not a surprise you missed that.

I can hear Jonny in VLV alright. It's more clear in live versions though. It's subtle but still adds to it a lot. And of course, he plays the strings in the first half of the song (live).

Paradise...similar story, but he does get the solo now. Jonny will probably play the synth strings for the first part of the song. Actually, I'm secretly hoping most of the string parts become guitar solos for Jonny.

But all the other songs, Jonny is the driving force. Even ETIAW centers around Jonny's riffs, I would argue, except for the first 45 or so seconds which just has synth and acoustic guitar.

This is a fantastic example of a cherry picked argument. You don't like MX so to criticize it you point out the fact that Johnny only has one moment during Paradise. But you forget Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown and Major Minus - three songs that involve him extremely heavily. Please point to a song from the older albums that features Jonny as extensively as those three?

You can't.

Also, ETIAW's chorus is Jonny's riff.

:shocked2:

I'm not saying that it's not present on Trouble, I say that on Paradise there is a proper riff, so it's more prominent. When you talk with someone about Trouble the electric guitar is not the first thing you mention. Y punto. xD

(I obviously prefer Trouble over Paradise, just saying that you don't have to hear everything on every single song)

I'm not saying that it's not present on Trouble, I say that on Paradise there is a proper riff, so it's more prominent. When you talk with someone about Trouble the electric guitar is not the first thing you mention. Y punto. xD

(I obviously prefer Trouble over Paradise, just saying that you don't have to hear everything on every single song)

Trouble have guitar on the whole song (in the beginning, chorus, at the end). Paradise only at the end. Y punto :lol: