✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why are some people trying so hard to like Paradise?

Crests

This forum has really gone to hell. Just yesterday I was saying to myself how great this forum was and there's a lot of people on here that I like but wow. I mean I don't even post much but lately it's been discouraging me even more not to, and the only reason I've posted today a lot is because I've had a lot to say.

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to clarify im not trying to start another dispute with you, and I have never wanted to. Im completely over all that crap. Just answered to understand the point of view of some people...

I'm responding to this first to acknowledge that yes, I'm not responding to you to argue, but just respond to the point you have made.

Well, if they want to like the song, I personally don't care, that's their business. But I thought of it that they were giving it a chance. I haven't read someone say "I gotta love this I gotta love this cuz its coldplay" I've read people saying they don't like it but they will listen to it again and see if they like it. I see that as giving itanother shot.

Also don't quite understand what you meant about cut off point. Do you mean we should forget our previous experiences with coldplay albums and treat this as a completely new thing and

ignore its from coldplay? If that was the case I would have loved paradise right away, I wouldn't have been so critical lol. But anyways I don't know if you meant something else...

I believe I said that some Coldplay fans dont know the cut-off point between liking what they've liked in the past, and liking whats new. I am saying that just because a person loves Coldplay, why do they try to continue to love Coldplay? Should a person have to try?

Oh my god. She just asked why people are trying so hard to like paradise. Just a question.

And I tried to like paradise because it is Coldplay, and I love most of their prior songs..But gave up and just accepted that I'm really not enjoying their new direction so far. But I am looking forward to hearing Up In Flames.

I don't understand why some people get so upset just because they can't give a reasonable answer to a very simple question.

But then I realize this is the same people who calls you a hater when you dislike a song, so I don't expect that much anyway.

I think some people are just so obsessed with Coldplay being perfect in their eyes, that even when the song is bad in their opinion at the first listen, they try very hard to convince themselves otherwise, to sort of maintain that image in their heads. Or others who don't like their new direction, think they're not being open minded enough about it, so they also try to get themselves into it

I don't know that might be it, but I totally get what you're saying about people trying to like it. I didn't think it was good at all, but it grew on me quite a bit :|

edit: lol I need to change my name

I'm responding to this first to acknowledge that yes, I'm not responding to you to argue, but just respond to the point you have made.

I believe I said that some Coldplay fans dont know the cut-off point between liking what they've liked in the past, and liking whats new. I am saying that just because a person loves Coldplay, why do they try to continue to love Coldplay? Should a person have to try?

I know that, I just wanted to clarify that my post in response to yours was not to start a dispute.

Oh Ok. I guess because coldplay is a band they have loved and followed for years, they feel should try out their new stuff. I guess I don't see the issue with trying to like something, I think that becomes a problem, when they lie to themselves and pretend to love their new music. If they tried, to like their new music, and they indeed truly ended up loving it, I don't see what's wrong. I guess its also an issue when they keep trying and trying and don't know when to admit they don't like it.

People's personalities are different, so some people think they gotta love it right away, and others think that its ok to try to give certain music a second chance and open up your mind. Cuz maybe you'll learn something new, maybe you learn to like a new style. And learning to like something is not a bad thing :)

I don't think there's anyone trying hard to hate it, that'd be stupid. As a cp fan I would love to enjoy a new song but I just hated ETIAW and paradise.

Well.. im ok with that but it's getting really immature and stupid now like 50 billions Threads about how bad Paradise is... getting on my nerves.

Just dont listen to it anymore and stop argueing about this Song we have enough Threads and i think everyone got it now that a lot People dont like/hate the Song. (i mean everyone who dislikes it)

the only reasonable answer is: it's just a matter of tastes. Some fans like it, other fans don't like it at all. Plus I really like this song and I admit that I would like it as well if it wasn't a Coldplay song, because I know I'm really into different genres of music.

You know what I find funny? How this one song has caused such an uproar on here.

Some of you on here hate it, fine. Some of us love it, fine. Like all music, this song is going to hit every person who hears it a little different than everyone else. I fell in love with it on about the 4th or 5th listen. I then really realized just how smooth and emotional the song was. Those strings really got to me.

the only reasonable answer is: it's just a matter of tastes. Some fans like it, other fans don't like it at all. Plus I really like this song and I admit that I would like it as well if it wasn't a Coldplay song, because I know I'm really into different genres of music.

Agree.

I support Coldplay whatever they do because i like them.

There's not even 1 Song i dont like at all. which makes me go mad like some People here in the Forum.

Well.. im ok with that but it's getting really immature and stupid now like 50 billions Threads about how bad Paradise is... getting on my nerves.

Just dont listen to it anymore and stop argueing about this Song we have enough Threads and i think everyone got it now that a lot People dont like/hate the Song. (i mean everyone who dislikes it)

So there are like 10 thread with "paradise is amazing" but we can't post our opinions?

other than the fact that it's irrelevant to my question, yes, this is a reasonable answer. :P

You know what I find funny? How this one song has caused such an uproar on here.

Some of you on here hate it, fine. Some of us love it, fine. Like all music, this song is going to hit every person who hears it a little different than everyone else. I fell in love with it on about the 4th or 5th listen. I then really realized just how smooth and emotional the song was. Those strings really got to me.

Actually it's not about opinions anymore here.

"Some like it some dont" yes..but at the Moment the People who dislike it curse Coldplay "OCH NOES COLDPLAY WHAT HAV JO BECOME" as if Coldplay changed all the Members.

Actually it's not about opinions anymore here.

"Some like it some dont" yes..but at the Moment the People who dislike it curse Coldplay "OCH NOES COLDPLAY WHAT HAV JO BECOME" as if Coldplay changed all the Members.

Erm isn't that what an opinion is though?

I mean it's not that they don't like the band itself, because you don't see people going around saying what a big douche Guy Berryman is, it's about their new music, no?

Why are the people caring so much about who/how many people likes the song?

I have no idea.

I didn't go off on any "lover", I didn't insult anyone, I just voiced my opinion constructively and what I get in return is that I'm being called a pretentious asshole and that I'm stupid, that I suck and that I should be ashamed.

I don't understand why everyone is taking such a simple question in such a twisted way. I just want to know why some people are trying so hard to like it, okay?

Your answer to the question of "Why are people TRYING to like the new song?" was that people can form different opinions since the concept of time, congratulations on the science/history lesson, but your answer was much more vague then the topic.

It is un-natural for people to try and like something, but as we've seen since the release of the song there are plenty of people who are trying to like it. You either like something or you don't, people have said that they've been listening to it over and over to try and understand it and if they like it or if they don't. That is kinda odd, if you don't like the taste of bananas you tend not to try another 50 bananas.

So now to get you to grips with the topic, it is questioning as to why people are trying to like it, not why they prefer it.

It is a very straightforward, and simple question, one I've coincidentally brought up in the Coldplay section, why are people trying to like a song so hard? Can people not just give their opinion as it stands and then see how they feel as time progresses?

Good gosh.

There ARE people who did not IMMEDIATELY like it or GRADUALLY GROW to like it who are STILL listening to it, TRYING TO LIKE IT. As a matter of fact, I tried!

WHAT DO PEOPLE NOT FUCKING GRASP ABOUT THIS THREAD?

i lost my temper i'm sorry :disappointed:

Crests, I will do my best to answer your question.

I think people are trying to like it because they're worried that this song is as good as it's going to get. I think people are just trying to lower their expectations, so when the album comes out they won't be so disappointed.

This is why I never set goals for myself because then I'm never disappointed. :)