✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why are some people trying so hard to like Paradise?

Crests

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it's the internet. And you provided no context in this useless thread.

It is a very straightforward, and simple question, one I've coincidentally brought up in the Coldplay section, why are people trying to like a song so hard? Can people not just give their opinion as it stands and then see how they feel as time progresses?

That was the initial question, and it delved into the attitude of ALL Coldplay fans but you seem to be taking this so personally, it's like a sociological question.

I don't understand why its such a big deal if they are trying to give it a chance then why not?

But the reason I did it was because from personal experience, there have been coldplay songs that I did not like right away. I needed to give them a second chance. Basically I did not like most of VLV(album) at first, then I loved it. That's one example. So with Paradise I knew I needed to give it a second chance. Its not that I was making myself love it. I was just remembering that there may be, a chance that I would like it, later.well I never hated it I was just not crazy about it. And I was in a mind set where I didn't wwant to hear something different, and I was agaainst all this poppy style, I still kinda am, but im realising I want to hear what coldplay does with it :)

Anyways that's the way I see it :)

I don't understand why its such a big deal if they are trying to give it a chance then why not?

But the reason I did it was because from personal experience, there have been coldpl. ay songs that I did not like right away. I needed to give them a second chance. Basically I did not like most of VLV(album) at first, then I loved it. That's one example. So with Paradise I knew I needed to give it a second chance. Its not that I was making myself love it. I was just remembering that there may be, I just wasn't craz a chance that I would like it, later.well I never hated it I was just not crazy about it. And I was in a mind set where I didn't wwant to hear something different, and I was agaainst all this poppy style, I still kinda am, but im realising I want to hear what coldplay does with it :)

There's nothing wrong with giving music a chance, some things can be hard to understand, the same with films, food or anything really, but like the thread starter I've noticed a lot of people really want to like the new stuff. I don't understand this at all, there is (or should be) a cut-off point between being interesting in an artists work because of their previous work, and then forming an opinion on their new work. I don't think a lot of Coldplay fans know where that cut-off point is.

And just to re-iterate I'm merely being an observer here about Paradise, I don't have an opinion on it really, I thought Every Teardrop was awful, I've only listened to this once and although I don't find it awe inspiring, it's not totally horrible or anything.

Oh I'm a moron? You're the one following me into threads I post in and arguing with me.

Yes you're a moron.

Further backing up of how much of a moron you are is that I have no clue as to what threads Ive 'followed you' into, I reply to a lot of threads on here.

And even if I did stalk you around, that would make me a freak and not necessarily a moron, get your facts straight.

There's nothing wrong with giving music a chance, some things can be hard to understand, the same with films, food or anything really, but like the thread starter I've noticed a lot of people really want to like the new stuff. I don't understand this at all, there is (or should be) a cut-off point between being interesting in an artists work because of their previous work, and then forming an opinion on their new work. I don't think a lot of Coldplay fans know where that cut-off point is.

And just to re-iterate I'm merely being an observer here about Paradise, I don't have an opinion on it really, I thought Every Teardrop was awful, I've only listened to this once and although I don't find it awe inspiring, it's not totally horrible or anything.

yes you do.

No matter how un-biased you say you are, you come across as a guy who just likes to debate everyone who leaps to defend the band/song

Good gosh.

There ARE people who did not IMMEDIATELY like it or GRADUALLY GROW to like it who are STILL listening to it, TRYING TO LIKE IT. As a matter of fact, I tried!

WHAT DO PEOPLE NOT FUCKING GRASP ABOUT THIS THREAD?

i lost my temper i'm sorry :disappointed:

:heart:

yes you do.

No matter how un-biased you say you are, you come across as a guy who just likes to debate everyone who leaps to defend the band/song

How un-biased I am is completely irrelevant, I only mentioned that I'm unbiased because this anacarren girl has been involved in disputes with me in the past and I was trying to make it clear I'm not responding to her personally because she was the person who happened to write that.

What exactly is your point?

arent we on a fansite ? I mean Paradise is not my favorite but the guys will give us an amazing album .. it just happens to be that a lot of people that support coldplay don't really trust them in someway on deciding whats best for a new album . Same thing with viva la vida , everybody was whinging about them going commercial and everything turned out to be absolutely perfect. The same people now say the album will be shit and the singles are horrible but end up loving the album and start new pessimism when LP6 is released..

We're Coldplay fans , cant we just all enjoy the ride and agree that they are going to surprise and overwhelm us everytime they make a new record ? Because in the end thats what happens every single time.

Here's to Mylo Xyloto !

Well, if they want to like the song, I personally don't care, that's their business. But I thought of it that they were giving it a chance. I haven't read someone say "I gotta love this I gotta love this cuz its coldplay" I've read people saying they don't like it but they will listen to it again and see if they like it. I see that as giving itanother shot.

Also don't quite understand what you meant about cut off point. Do you mean we should forget our previous experiences with coldplay albums and treat this as a completely new thing and

ignore its from coldplay? If that was the case I would have loved paradise right away, I wouldn't have been so critical lol. But anyways I don't know if you meant something else...

Just to clarify im not trying to start another dispute with you, and I have never wanted to. Im completely over all that crap. Just answered to understand the point of view of some people...