✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why are some people trying so hard to like Paradise?

Crests

i don't understand how almost nobody seems capable of understanding such a simple question :/

It seems like you are looking for a particular answer... What do you want people to say? Just wondering :P

So there are like 10 thread with "paradise is amazing" but we can't post our opinions?

I think those positive threads started to come up, because at first there was plenty of negative ones where people were posting their opinions, people made them to balance it out :P

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It seems like you are looking for a particular answer... What do you want people to say? Just wondering

i'm looking for answers about why some people are trying so hard to like paradise because i don't understand why

people would do that and i'm curious

i appreciate your input, caroline~

edit: and alina~

i'm looking for an answer about why some people are trying so hard to like paradise because i don't understand why

people would do that

i appreciate your input, caroline~

I get your question lol :P

But It looks like people were trying to answer your question, but it seemed you don't think it answered what you were asking. So im wondering if there's a particular format or answer you are looking for lol.

I think the simplest answer is that it's Coldplay, that it's your favourite band and you just want to like their music, not because you're completely blind, but because you generally love their music and can't quite get used to the thought of disliking or even hating a song of theirs.

Personally, I tried to like it because I've been so disappointed with everything else. I need something from them. At least one thing, even if it's one song, that I can listen to from this new album and enjoy. This is Coldplay, my first musical love, and one of two major musical obsessions that I've had. I listened and listened, hoping that maybe there could be some redeeming quality in the music or the lyrics, but I couldn't find anything.

And the fact that I can't like anything new from a band that I still respect and love really, really sucks.

Personally, I tried to like it because I've been so disappointed with everything else. I need something from them. At least one thing, even if it's one song, that I can listen to from this new album and enjoy. This is Coldplay, my first musical love, and one of two major musical obsessions that I've had. I listened and listened, hoping that maybe there could be some redeeming quality in the music or the lyrics, but I couldn't find anything.

And the fact that I can't like anything new from a band that I still respect and love really, really sucks.

I think the simplest answer is that it's Coldplay, that it's your favourite band and you just want to like their music, not because you're completely blind, but because you generally love their music and can't quite get used to the thought of disliking or even hating a song of theirs.

These make sense. :surprised:

Why are there so many people trying to make us dislike it?

But are there? Posters who aren't fans of the song aren't trying to convince people to stop listening to the song or the band - they've just been expressing their thoughts + opinions.

Then the fans come into the thread and call names like "hater" and ask "how dare we make such a thread." It's the other way around - people are trying hard to make us like the song. And when you have to work so hard to make someone like the song, that speaks volumes about the song itself

Yes, but there are still people trying very hard to like it...

Grrr! What do you want from us? :inquisitive:

This song sounds really different for Coldplay. So instead of immediately dismissing it as terrible, some people listen to it multiple times, try and let it wash over them in the hopes that it might grow on them. Nobody on a Coldplay fan site is going to go into a new Coldplay song and try to hate it. For most people here, Coldplay is their favorite band, so if their innitial reaction to Paradise was "well I didn't like that very much," they're probably going to try and like it. Nobody wants to dislike a new song from their favorite band. I genuinely don't understand why this question needs to be asked. The minute you asked it on a Coldplay fan site, you answered it yourself. If people are trying hard to to like the new Coldplay song (and I don't think they are, by the way) it's because they're hardcore fans of the band.

People have already replied to answers she wants lol.

Mine is pretty much the same, I've been waiting for this album for a long time and I always knew that It would be a good year with new songs and an awesome concert experience but since the first single came out or the rest of the songs I felt disappointed. So now the second single comes out, a song I haven't heard and I just want to like it so I can enjoy this era because I want to enjoy an era from the begining.

I really don't, at first it grew on me a bit but the lyrics were so bad and I listened to their old albums and I honestly don't see me liking this song.

Calm down Paradise lovers. Crests' question is clear to me and is pointed at people like me. I don't like Paradise (yet) but am trying hard to like it.

Why? Because until Christmas lights this band had never disappointed me and after so much good I want to believe that this new material is good as well. Maybe it's just me, maybe I just don't get it yet. This has happened before. I thought Radiohead's In Rainbows was uttershit, but I kept listening to it and after a few days it suddenly can to me and now I feel the brilliance of it.

You can't decide if you like a song or an album the first time you listen to it. It's not that easy. A song that you like on the first listen... well, you may love it later but you can also hate it in a week. A song that you think is "meh" the first time you listen to it, may become your favorite. It's not that people are trying hard to like it, it's that they're smart enough to know that you can't judge music on the first listen (or even before, like some people are doing with the Rihanna-Princess of China thing).

i love how i've never even said anything even slightly resembling an opinion on paradise or anything and people are getting all insulted hahahahahahaha, i don't understand what's so hard to understand about the title of this thread :|

also, i have determined that the loungers are a nicer group of people than the people of the coldplay section

It's funny 'cause YouTube is filled with positive comments and Paradise has been viewed 2,5 million times already, having many many more Likes than Dislikes. Yet on the Coldplay fansite forum most people hate the song and talk crap about MX/"Coldplay's new direction" even tho they like Charlie Brown/HLH/Major Minus etc. and haven't heard the other songs yet. I also find it striking that many Coldplay fans already hate new songs such as PoC, which they haven't even heard, and which is, according to the Oracle, one of the best songs on MX.

i love how i've never even said anything even slightly resembling an opinion on paradise or anything and people are getting all insulted hahahahahahaha, i don't understand what's so hard to understand about the title of this thread :|

also, i have determined that the loungers are a nicer group of people than the people of the coldplay section

we luv yew too cresty :heart:

NEXT PERSON TO SAY SOMETHING MEAN TO CRESTS GETS A NASTY RESPONSE. :angry:

It's funny 'cause YouTube is filled with positive comments and Paradise has been viewed 2,5 million times already, having many many more Likes than Dislikes. Yet on the Coldplay fansite forum most people hate the song and talk crap about MX/"Coldplay's new direction" even tho they like Charlie Brown/HLH/Major Minus etc. and haven't heard the other songs yet. I also find it striking that many Coldplay fans already hate new songs such as PoC, which they haven't even heard, and which is, according to the Oracle, one of the best songs on MX.

guess who doesn't tend to leave comments on the youtube video

PEOPLE WHO DON'T LIKE IT

I've been disappointed since "Christmas Lights"; I'm sure I'm not alone in that, even if people like me are scarce here.