✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why are some people trying so hard to like Paradise?

Crests

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Reason? The name Coldplay is attached to the song and as some people have demonstrated, this means they are invulnerable to any sort of criticism

I wish it was possible to do like a blind musical survey, similar to those taste tests. I truly wonder how many people would admit to liking Paradise if they had no idea Coldplay made it.

No one is trying to like it, u either do or u don't - I like it, took me 2 to 3 listens on a good pair of headphones and man - it's epic, it's like an evolution of their sound but has some trademark Coldplay traits - that fuzz bass kicking after the nice synth/string intro is something else. Again,i am not trying to like it, liked both ETIAW, Paradise, and the rest of the songs - and for the record, i'm an old school Coldplay fan - love For You (one of my favorites from the Pre-parachutes era as well as Animals from AROBTTH) these 4 guys are amazing, and am thankful they are producing great music to this day.

Viva La Coldplay!

wait what does this have to do with my question

It could have many things to do with your question. You really left this thread open by not posting much information. Why post such a pointless thread? That's beyond me, but my guess is it has something to do with your average 150+ posts a day. Surely all of them can't be new, original or relevant.

Some people really like it. Myself included. People are losing their minds over one track. I can name 1 track off of every album they have made that I don't like. Sometimes, I skip a few when listening. Does this mean they are a bad band? I don't believe it does.

It could have many things to do with your question. You really left this thread open by not posting much information. Why post such a pointless thread? That's beyond me, but my guess is it has something to do with your average 150+ posts a day. Surely all of them can't be new, original or relevant.

Some people really like it. Myself included. People are losing their minds over one track. I can name 1 track off of every album they have made that I don't like. Sometimes, I skip a few when listening. Does this mean they are a bad band? I don't believe it does.

This. :nod:

The title is pretty straightforward, and I'm genuinely curious because I don't understand.

This is insulting, frankly. I don't like Paradise because I tried so hard to like it. In fact, as a big Radiohead and U2 fan, my instinct is to question everything they do. I simply heard the song and thought it was great. The fact that you insinuate that everyone who likes this song only likes it because of some kind of pavlovian fanboyism is ridiculous. I'm allowed to like things you don't like. You're allowed to like things I don't like.

You know, I think if people like the song or not is non of your business. You have nothing to understand.

This is insulting, frankly. I don't like Paradise because I tried so hard to like it. In fact, as a big Radiohead and U2 fan, my instinct is to question everything they do. I simply heard the song and thought it was great. The fact that you insinuate that everyone who likes this song only likes it because of some kind of pavlovian fanboyism is ridiculous. I'm allowed to like things you don't like. You're allowed to like things I don't like.

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can no one read?!

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

Can no one read?!

Do you not understand when you post thing on the internet with little context, it can seem quite sarcastic? People don't just see your post, they see "Why are people trying to hard to like paradise? It sucks."

It could have many things to do with your question.

Your answer to the question of "Why are people TRYING to like the new song?" was that people can form different opinions since the concept of time, congratulations on the science/history lesson, but your answer was much more vague then the topic.

It is un-natural for people to try and like something, but as we've seen since the release of the song there are plenty of people who are trying to like it. You either like something or you don't, people have said that they've been listening to it over and over to try and understand it and if they like it or if they don't. That is kinda odd, if you don't like the taste of bananas you tend not to try another 50 bananas.

So now to get you to grips with the topic, it is questioning as to why people are trying to like it, not why they prefer it.