✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Why are some people trying so hard to like Paradise?

Crests

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, maybe it's because I'm biased towards liking pop music, but I honestly can't find anyway to dislike this song. Sure, I admit it's a bit repetitive, but overall I find the sound of the song to be quite interesting, in a good way. (Sorry I can't express this in a more concrete way) Anyways, in response to this topic, I am trying very hard to DISLIKE this song, but it's not working.

i love how i've never even said anything even slightly resembling an opinion on paradise or anything and people are getting all insulted hahahahahahaha, i don't understand what's so hard to understand about the title of this thread :|

also, i have determined that the loungers are a nicer group of people than the people of the coldplay section

My comment wasn't intended to be mean, so I'm sorry that it sounded that way. It was just getting frustrating, because you kept asking the same question over and over again without changing your wording, and wondering why people were taking it the wrong way. The question "why are people trying so hard to like Paradise?" sounds snarky. It's not your fault, it's just that it's hard to infer your tone from such a short sentence on the internet. I just think we needed more explanation.

It's funny 'cause YouTube is filled with positive comments and Paradise has been viewed 2,5 million times already, having many many more Likes than Dislikes. Yet on the Coldplay fansite forum most people hate the song and talk crap about MX/"Coldplay's new direction" even tho they like Charlie Brown/HLH/Major Minus etc. and haven't heard the other songs yet. I also find it striking that many Coldplay fans already hate new songs such as PoC, which they haven't even heard, and which is, according to the Oracle, one of the best songs on MX.

Judging by every single rating of a song I think you'll find that there are more people who love the songs than people who don't.

Yes. I understand what Crests is trying to say because sometimes it feels like people are influenced by all the love for the band and they're are youtube comments saying 'I wish I could like this song, but I can't etc.' Then they feel like a fail because they're not a 'true' fan.

I don't really care what people think I just don't like it.

Personally, maybe it's because I'm biased towards liking pop music, but I honestly can't find anyway to dislike this song. Sure, I admit it's a bit repetitive, but overall I find the sound of the song to be quite interesting, in a good way. (Sorry I can't express this in a more concrete way) Anyways, in response to this topic, I am trying very hard to DISLIKE this song, but it's not working.

You know, I have also tried to dislike this song, because I'm not supporting (there it is again!) the direction they're taking with this one and ETIAW. But er, 'unfortunately' I love it and I can't help it.

I get why people would try to like it. For example, I'm trying to like Rihanna's voice these days.... (Now why would that be. :dozey:)

Life's easier when you like things. ;)

This is a pretty strange thread, btw.

its quite reasonable that fans would try to like it ... they are fans, they want to support the artist/band that they like. I don't like every Coldplay song, in fact I didn't like ETIAW, I did like most of their previous singles, and I love Charlie Brown..... but PARADISE is beyond the norm, its soo amazing and I'm not trying to like it, because at first listen i was already captivated.

I loved their previous albums and their new direction makes it soo much more interesting for fans, but people are bound to hate the change... People try hard to like it because they are hesitant but they try not to be... if you play a song many times, its gonna get stuck in your head and eventually you may understand the point of the musical direction and possibly understand why others enjoy that type of music.

You just have to experiment wih your ears, its about finding the charm within a particular type of music.

It may seem ridiculous when fans like every single song released by their fave musician. But thats probs because they are too fanatic.

It could have many things to do with your question. You really left this thread open by not posting much information. Why post such a pointless thread? That's beyond me, but my guess is it has something to do with your average 150+ posts a day. Surely all of them can't be new, original or relevant.

Some people really like it. Myself included. People are losing their minds over one track. I can name 1 track off of every album they have made that I don't like. Sometimes, I skip a few when listening. Does this mean they are a bad band? I don't believe it does.

:nod: x infinity.