✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[14-Dec-2011] Coldplay @ Bercy, Paris, France

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The first 4(?) concerts of the tour had 20 songs, MX included...

When I saw them on a similar tour in 2008 they played 22 songs I remember, and they only had 4 albums by that time.

It's sad.

I'm talking about the last concerts... 20 isn't that different... But it is compared to the Viva era, as you said :\

I´m going to Frankfurt next week but after seeing all those setlists so far i´m not looking forward to,to be honest. I can do without these wristbands if i could have more songs from Mylo Xyloto,especially DLIBYH and Up with the Birds...so far its almost the same as during the summer festivals. To me, it seems this winter-tour is just about making money...

Hey All,

Wow, what an awesome concert!

First of all, a big shout out to the elephant attired concert goers in attendance! I panned to you guys in several of the videos I shot. :D

Had the opportunity to attend this one (and the one in London on the 9th). Excellent show!

I'm concurrently putting up an article on my blog, but thought I'd compliment that with some more thoughts here for the Coldplay fans... the pics will be in the article though - terrible WiFi connection and am wondering if I can even get the pics up. Unlike the London gig, I shot tons of video at this one, but will need to wait until I get to a hotel with better Internet service...

So at the London show I was on the floor, close to the stage, while for Paris I was in the stadium/seated part (Section O). Two totally different experiences...

On the floor, being close, there is definitely more energy and you feel the music and performances more; watching from the seated area is more like watching a concert on TV - you get a better sense of the arena, the flow of things, and benefit of seeing the full "show" part of the show (not the singing bits, but the confetti, the balls, the wristbands, etc.).

I am glad, having an opportunity to see two shows so close to one another, to do one one way, and one the other... if I was only going to one show, and had to choose, I'd choose whatever option got me closest to the stage.

As far as the show itself, I liked the London one a little better just because of the slight differences to the playlist (I like 'Don't Panic' and 'What If' better than 'Shiver', and the latter replaced both of the former in Paris), and there was more energy from the crowd in the UK (a good portion of my section didn't get out of their seats until Viva, which was closing out the last bit of the show - but I'm a bit under the weather, so it worked out for me :lol:).

Having said all that, it's really nitpicky comparisons, as I am a huge fan of the band, and have never come away from a show with anything but real excitement and satisfaction from the performances.

Awesome show though, and feel very fortunate to have been able to share the experience with the people of Paris. :)

By the way, Michaela (a member here) shot some awesome photos - she was right up close. We met up after so I took a pic of her with some memorabilia to share on the forum here...

Coldplay-Bercy-Paris-Live-Concert-December-14-2011-Photo-1211.jpg

Oh, and thanks to Raphaele for coming and finding me to introduce yourself and chat - awesome to meet you!

Jason

The photo is taken after the show????wow. I always thought they were leaving the venue right after the encore as fast as possible. Anyways you're lucky. Congrats.

I enjoyed the gig so much!!!! Made a first row, sangalong/danced as never before, saw Guy smiling .... (and smiling to me lol), got (chris') set list and MX mediator. Oh and i officially made it on coldplay.com haha. I'm just so excited. The only thing that disappointed me was the amount of the songs - 19?!!!! That's not enough at all. I was waiting for dont panic and what if. I liked that they did White Christmas cover instead of rehab just before the fix u. There were some mistakes but all in all It turned out to be an amazing gig. Pictures & videos later I need to sleep now and sorry if the post sounds messy

Here is my article, with all of the photos:

Coldplay at Palais Omnisports de Paris Bercy / Paris, France / 12/14/2011

I'll be adding a bunch of videos once I land somewhere with decent WiFi. I shot a lot of video...

Jason

AWESOME as always, Jason!!!! The blog was great and the Pictures... You captured every emotion for me that I could ask for from someone going to a concert. Thanks for sharing and so glad you had a fab time!!!!! NOW you need to make it to Tampa.... Dianne is coming, we could have a CP Reunion!!!

Had a great time, though the set was a little shorter than expected.

Here's a couple of youtube videos I took yesterday.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfE2elyjMMA]Charlie Brown[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEywJGeGuWM]Fix you and ending credits[/ame]

I still have to split up the opening tracks of the concert and upload them later on.

Cheers

The first 4(?) concerts of the tour had 20 songs, MX included...

When I saw them on a similar tour in 2008 they played 22 songs I remember, and they only had 4 albums by that time.

It's sad.

When I saw them back in 2008 they even played 26 songs! I am actually quite dissappointed, it's like we're not worth more than those people who saw them at festivals and might not like them, they also got 19 songs! It`s just not fair.

guys remember that its the start of a concert tour. for Viva the first few concerts were like that as well. :D then the set develops over time and they add more things. :D the first Viva oncerts were like 45 or 50 min long. Like the MTV Japan. only 44 mins. :D their set will continue to grow over the months. :D

Well let's hope that... Although the the performance that MTV broadcasted wasn't the entire one. They played 23 songs that night according to Setlist.fm. MTV only broadcasted 11.

The photo is taken after the show????wow. I always thought they were leaving the venue right after the encore as fast as possible. Anyways you're lucky. Congrats.

Yes it's after the show, at around 23:30. I followed my instinct, a few fans were there as well, we saw the van and ran for it.

Then the van stopped, the side sliding door opened and I immediately saw Gwyneth ! She saw our excitement and was very happy for us.

Then Chris jumped out and took a good 15min to take photos and sign autographs for everyone. We had a small chat as well.

It really shows he's that nice, because I don't know of a lot of people who'd do that.

That was a dream come true, best 15min of my life.

Yes it's after the show, at around 23:30. I followed my instinct, a few fans were there as well, we saw the van and ran for it.

Then the van stopped, the side sliding door opened and I immediately saw Gwyneth ! She saw our excitement and was very happy for us.

Then Chris jumped out and took a good 15min to take photos and sign autographs for everyone. We had a small chat as well.

It really shows he's that nice, because I don't know of a lot of people who'd do that.

:wacky: He's such a great guy! :heart: You were so lucky...

That is awesome. They are very kind and generous with their fans. I remember after the Liverpool gig last year Chris made his way to the waiting car, and I don't think he left until every person out there that wanted an autograph got one (and there were many, many people). It's always great when people who's work you admire are so genuinely appreciate of their fans.

Congrats - that is an awesome story!

Jason

Congrats about meeting Chris :) And I'm glad you had fun guys!!!!! :D

I had a really great time. Me and my friends arrived there around 1:30pm, and it started to be really, really horribly cold around 4pm. But luckily there wasn't any rain, and the door opened "early", at 5:30. It went really quick : 5 minutes later we were in, with a tour program - which is AMAZING by the way, it's big, colorful, has a ton of pictures and interviews, and it really gets you in the mood of the new era.

I had a nice spot, the one I wanted : around 5 meters from the stage, 1 or 2 meters from the ramp, on the left side. Perfect to see the boys and all the lighting, visual stuff. Emeli Sandé was a kind of a disappointment - well it would have been a disappointment if I was expecting something from it - : last time I saw Coldplay live, The Flaming Lips were opening for them, and it was of course really incredible, so this time it seemed like it was a little bit flat. I know it's not the same context as an European summer stadium tour, it's not the same kind of music, TFL are a one kind of a band and a very unusual supporting act, etc... but still! Plus the sound was awful... I heard it's pretty hard to make things sound good in Bercy, but it kind of ruined her beautiful voice. We couldn't understand the lyrics because of that - well also probably because we're french too ^^-, and she said in the Coldplay interview that she was "all about the lyrics"... so...

Thankfully, the sound was absolutely perfect for Coldplay -thumbs up for Dan's crew-, who came on stage at 9:05pm, precisely the time you could read on the program in the photoblog. The beginning was totally incredible, my favorite part of the show, it felt like a hurricane - mx/hlh with the wristbands, yellow with the balloons, in my place directly after that with all the confettis, shaped as M, X, birds, teardrops, flames, the MMIX thing that looks like a wand... Major Minus looked amazing with the lighting. Lost! was nice too, Chris coming on the ramp.

IMG_6652.jpg

IMG_0435.jpg

IMG_0437.jpg

IMG_0442.jpg

The next highlight was this huge surprise - Shiver! I hope they'll keep these old tracks randomly played for just 1 shows or 2 during the entire tour, it brings color and surprise! Shiver wasn't the old classic I wanted to hear the most, but it felt like a nice gift and I really enjoyed it!

I was glad I could hear that new GPASUYF version live! Very cool! Then up in flames & us against the world - unbelievable response from the crowd, from where I was. People were singing it from the bottom of their hearts, everybody singing "up in flaaaaaaaaames" sounded fantastic.

IMG_0470.jpg

IMG_0475.jpg

Politik always very cool, then Viva... I was kind of disappointed the first time I saw Viva live, I couldn't see Chris on the left stadium ramp. Now I could see him, dancing, in the middle of the arena, lights on, everybody singing... That will be stuck in my memory for a long time.

Charlie Brown was beyond words! And a nice little bit of singing on Paradise to finish all this.

IMG_0478.jpg

Encore - Clocks & Fix You like always, with great "Rush-of-blood-retro" lighting on Clocks. ETIAW - loved it, had real fun singing and clapping on that one.

IMG_0482.jpg

And that was it, no Christmas Lights - a little bit of me kept hoping until the very end... especially because I felt like we were missing one song, they didn't play Don't Panic.

It all went so fast, especially when you waited 8 hours before the show. People around me couldn't believe it was already over. I agree with Guy on the tour program - it's better not to have a too long gig, but that felt really short. Just one more little song could have made the difference, really. But overall it was an amazing, amazing, amazing gig, that finished to convince me that this MX era is the most interesting one Coldplay has ever created. More than ever, they created a beautiful, complete, imaginative universe, and brought with them a great atmosphere. Thank you, guys!

And thank you for reading! :)

That was great. They did Shiver ! :heart: The glowbands are amazing. At first, I thought mine was broken but when HLV began ... I was like : "Wow, that's a nightclub !" :laugh3:

That was just way too short. :P

Here are my pics :

390604_2446546612162_1506816385_32239300_227182090_n.jpg

377165_2446548812217_1506816385_32239304_960567688_n.jpg

381213_2446551012272_1506816385_32239307_1063504690_n.jpg

390949_2446551972296_1506816385_32239308_1988697116_n.jpg

387571_2446553652338_1506816385_32239312_1696804198_n.jpg

383056_2446555692389_1506816385_32239315_1994847684_n.jpg

378704_2446556372406_1506816385_32239316_640186269_n.jpg

393764_2446561092524_1506816385_32239324_554614100_n.jpg

390242_2446569052723_1506816385_32239351_1303669921_n.jpg

389558_2446572932820_1506816385_32239357_1856851983_n.jpg

I recorded lots of videos but my youtube sucks (4 hours for 1 video...:rolleyes:)

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]