• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

BUCKIN AT 0:04! :D

:wink3:

woohoo!!! :o Little Dirty Rock Star!!! XD LOL:cool:

Dirty... That's the right word! :lol:

:sneaky:

ahaha yes I saw that too, he basically slapped him with the guitar, or tried to :lol:

I've got some pics that will make the Buckin love fans happy, will try to upload them when I get home :nice:

Pubblica, pubblica! :dazzled: We're all waiting for them! :awesome:

Whoaa it was so awesome :stunned:

I was the at about 18.00 I stood second row at the x-stage so sometimes they were quite close. But I couldn't really see the main stage (too many tall men in front of me :embarrassed:)

So awesome! Coldplay live feels like dancing on a rainbow or something :)

Though I think they really should have given a second encore. Christmas Lights would have been nice :embarrassed:

Hey, apparently you're new, so Welcome to Coldplaying :D:wacky:

The general admission crowd was mainly 40 year olds. It was quite odd.

Nope. It was a mixed group of every age. I don´t think this is something bad, it is a compliment for Coldplay, because they reach so many different people with there beautiful music.

@Yellow la Guy

Those guys are everywhere. :angry:

This was my second ever Coldplay show. I came all the way from Australia to see it, and it was pretty average to be honest. I saw them in Melbourne on the VLV tour, which was amazing.

The setlist was very short, Chris' banter was non-existant, the opening act was absolutely terrible, and the number of people over the age of 40 in the crowd was...questionable.

Trying to make your way to the front was absolutely ridiculous, and many of the old Germans looked at my friends and I as if we had committed some crime just by being there. It's a concert, and you are in a mosh pit, what the fuck did these people expect?

All in all, it was ok though.

Moshing at a Coldplay concert? Cool.

no photos yet :(

Here's the wikicoldplay page so far though :santa3:

http://www.wikicoldplay.com/20_December_2011:_Festhalle,_Frankfurt,_Germany

You ask... :P

just a few, will post more in the next days

cping01.jpg

cping02.jpg

cping03.jpg

And for the Buckin lovers..from the ramp of love during In My Place

cping04.jpg

cping05.jpg

cping06.jpg

(this was to make Jonny sing the last "oh yeaaahhhh" :wacky:)

Ennosuke, thanks for posting the videos.

it looks like you were sitting very close to where I was!

personally, I'm a bit disappointed this time.

from a technical point of view the show was great. But really, if I just want to see a technically great show, I'll go see Madonna.

Seriously, I missed the surprise element - the setlist was the same as in Köln, the effects were the same, and the balloons and confetti weren't much impressive from back where I was. (In Strasbourg a few years ago they had the confettin raining from the ceiling, but I guess that's not possible in Festhalle. the setlist then was also different for every show, every show hat something new and unexpected)

Also, I expected more wristbands. I think less than half the people actually got one. Yes, it did look nice, but not as impressive as in some videos of the other shows.

And, while they certainly did work hard on the stage :guitarist:, I found it too short, the end was too abrupt. Two encores would have been good, or maybe breaking it up differently.

The best part for me was Will, playing 1001 instruments, and singing with Chris. I had the impression that he was the only one giving energy back to the crowd. He certainly did give energy to Chris. (Rock musicians, or stage performers in general, need the energy from the crowd to perform, and ideally they transform it and send it back to the crowd - I was missing that last night :\ )

(possible that it felt different for the people in the front, but for me - small, short, and unable to line up for good places early because I had to work till the last minute - that was not an option)

The bad logistics of Festhalle certainly didn't help, so all in all, I'm not taking home much this time, other than a huge astonishment about Will's performance - he's the champion :thumbsup:

ningyo, I was sitting Block J Reihe 4 Platz 2x.

I arrived at 19.20 at Festhalle and after they controlled my tickets I received no wristband. I was a little bit confused, so I started to ask people where they received their wristbands, they told me at the entrance point. I went back and asked for them, and I can tell you it was a huge fight to get one, because most of them were already gone. It would have been kinda disappointing if went to the concert without a wristband, because those things are awesome. Proud to look at it here at home.

Around most of the people were without a wristband, strange thing.

I have been there too and I have to say it was good, but the crowd was nothing compared to the people on Rock am Ring. It was not the bands fault, cause they did a great job, but some people around me (I was stand in the third or fifth row in front of the stage) didn't even know the lyrics of the older songs. Maybe it was because of the atmosphere and the rain on Rock am Ring, but I guess nothing can be better than that.

Btw. Does anyone know how this wristband works? I want it to blink, but there is no button to start it.

Ennosuke, I was in block J too, row 1.

I arrived shortly past 19:00, was confused inside that some people were wearing wristbands, asked around too, but didn't get one :cry: So yeah, one of the reasons I was underwhelmed... :( I had seen the videos of Cologne before, where 80-90% of the people seemed to have a wristband, and yes, that did look bloody impressive! But in Frankfurt the wristbands were concentrated at the front, and only about 1/3 of the people had one, so there were a lot of dark areas, and it wasn't half as impressive.

Interestingly enough, much of what I read about the other recent shows, e.g. Antwerp, is otherwise much the same - lame crowd, concert too short, band rushed through the show, "the been there done that" feeling of the band just doing shows mechanically, ending too abrupt - I just didn't feel included. Chris said that everybody was part of the show, and he probably even meant it, but I just didn't feel included at all, and not because of the lacking wristband.

If I had known that before, I could have just watched the videos on Youtube later on - would have saved me 85 euros.

It's too bad really - I've been a fan for nearly 10 years now, but could never see them live in the early days because I was a student in Japan back then. Now that I can at least scrape the money together for a ticket, I feel like I paid for lasers and roadies and stage decorations and other people's wristbands - when all I wanted was to see a great band play great music.

When I look at my pictures, I think the Problem was that too many people in the crowd had 2 wristbands.

I have never seen Coldplay live before and I have seen a lot of "live" Videos. But beeing there is really something different. I felt included, I felt part of the show, maybe it can be more intense, but it was still amazing. I saw a great band playing great music with a great stage decoration, those design elements are somehow "part" of Coldplay.

When I think about it, they played nearly every day a concert for some months now. Under these circumstances I had the impression that they had fun. It is difficult to understand this situation because we aren´t "rockstars", don´t know how it feels to start nearly every day a concert with MX + Hurts like Heaven :D

Intro

Moin Leute,

ich war am Dienstag auch in Frankfurt und muß sagen es war genial. Da gibt es nicht viel zu meckern. Vielleicht war es etwas zu laut bzw. übersteuert. Aber die Performance kann sich sehen lassen. War direkt im 1. Rang hinter der Bühne. Dort hat man sehr viel mitgekriegt. Auch Emili Sande fand ich großartig. Eine Frage habe ich:

Vor dem eigentlichen Coldplay Auftritt ist ja auch diverse Musik gelaufen. Das vorletzte Lied vor dem Intro hat es mir angetan. Es war ein Stück das immer lauter und schneller wurde mit relativ einfachem Takt.

Weiß jemand wie das heißt???

Eine Antwort wäre genial!

#Gruß an alle!!

Felix, hast du im Innenraum am Gitter gestanden? Da waren nämlich auch 2, die das Kostüm anhatten... dann stand ich neben dir ;)

Vor dem Intro lief 99 Problems von Jay-Z und das Lied danach war doch von Back to the future, oder? :)

This was my third Coldplay Concert and i have to say it was good, but not as amazing as in Mannheim (2008) and in Düsseldorf (2010), because the sound was bad!!! During some songs you could not hear Chris' voice and some songs were too loud (e.g. Clocks), i think.