✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

pre- MX era song setlist

Spider-Man

i checked and didnt see this thread made yet so...What songs that fit in the MX era do you want to see? Or any other song in general when they play live?

personally i would love to see:

Lovers in Japan

Talk

Chinese Sleep Chant

Life in Technicolor ii

A Warning Sign

The "heavier, rocker" stuff of Coldplay. What do you think?

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From Parachutes: Don't Panic, Spies, Trouble

From A Rush: Amsterdam, Warning Sign

X&Y: Square One, Talk, Speed of Sound, A Message, Swallowed In Teh Sea, Til Kingdom Come

Viva: Life In Technicolor II, Cemeteries of London, 42, Yes, Strawberry Swing, Death And All His Friends

:D

It seems like the ratio of fast loud songs may be a little shifted, so I'd argue we DON'T need "the rocky side of Coldplay", even though you named some of my favourite songs.

I'd most like to hear: Spies, Amsterdam, AROBTTH, Green Eyes (before UATW, perhaps), Warning Sign, Swallowed in the Sea, Strawberry Swing, Lovers in Japan, DAAHF...

Yellow

Shiver

Life Is For Living

Clocks

The Scientist

God Put A Smile Upon Your Face

Fix You

Viva La Vida

Violet Hill

Lovers In Japan

Yes

Lost!

The MX Songs +

Under 1 Roof

CarKids

REX

Love In A Lethal Dose

Aiko

1000-1

Grat Expectations

Tomorrow

Streets Are Calling

Bonus (Latin American Tour)

La Calle De Dioses :o

LAY WHERE U LAYING

DONT MAKE A SOUND

I KNOW UR WATCHING

UR WATCHING

i think they set list they have at the moment is nearly perfect, only problem is I'm already sick of it.

I want to see talk, I always enjoyed it live. More Everything's Not Lost too!

Here's the setlist I'd use:

1. Mylo Xyloto

2. Hurts Like Heaven

3. Yellow

4. Talk

5. Politik

6. Lost!

7. The Scientist

8. Charlie Brown

9. In My Place

10. Paradise

11. Up in Flames

12. Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

----Encore

13. Postcards from Far away

14. Viva La Vida

15. Fix You

PERFECT!

Replace The Scientist with Swallowed in the Sea.

Maybe bring in High Speed as one of the songs after the Encore.

I am also seriously sick of Poltik, so replace that with something maybe The Hardest Part or Low.

Accuarly I think Don't Panic could also work in a MX style setlist, however the problem is the song is more about accepting what we have and it is more beautiful than we often give it granted for, so with MX been about distruction- maybe not.

I agree with the idea of brining in Lovers in Japan and Death and all his friends.

Warning Sign would be a good inclusion.

Some tracks from Prospekt's March like Rainy Day would be good too.

Replace The Scientist with Swallowed in the Sea.

Maybe bring in High Speed as one of the songs after the Encore.

I am also seriously sick of Poltik, so replace that with something maybe The Hardest Part or Low.

Accuarly I think Don't Panic could also work in a MX style setlist, however the problem is the song is more about accepting what we have and it is more beautiful than we often give it granted for, so with MX been about distruction- maybe not.

I agree with the idea of brining in Lovers in Japan and Death and all his friends.

Warning Sign would be a good inclusion.

Some tracks from Prospekt's March like Rainy Day would be good too.

High Speed?

As an encore track?

BLARGH!!

High Speed is the worst song Coldplay has ever done. It's so boring!

I think it'd be important to list the songs that are going to be in the show in a "no matter what" way. Meaning, even if they aren't complimentary (although they might be), they still have to be in there.

For me that's Yellow, The Scientist, Clocks, Fix You, and Viva la Vida. I feel like every other song is, in their minds, a choice. They really have to play those songs or fans might pissed.

In considering the narrative of the album, but not yet knowing what all the songs will be like, I think a songs like...

Parachutes, Warning Sign, The Hardest Part, Lost, Lovers in Japan, Violet Hill, Strawberry Swing...should be on there.

I think LITii won't make it, which is a personal tragedy to me. As is the fact I think DAAHF won't make it.

I don't mind what setlist they come up with though, because we do have so many of the song versions live, and they have such a deep list to choose from it would be hard to leave a concert disappointed.

Or there is a possibility that the set list will stay relatively the same throughout their real tour?

They'll throw in a few more songs off their new album and the rest of the songs will be the same ones that they are playing now?

I betya thats whats gunna happen.

I'd list the showat 22 songs:

Can't leave em outs: 6

Viva La Vida

Fix You

Clocks

Yellow

The Scientist

Politik

MX Era songs: 8

Charlie Brown

Hurts Like Heaven

Us Against the World

Every Teardrop is a Waterfall

Paradise

Major Minus

Up in Flames

Don't Let it Break Your Heart

That leaves 8 songs from the other 4 albums to include. For me it would be

Other: 8

Lovers in Japan

Violet Hill

Sparks

Life in Technicolor II

Speed of Sound

The Hardest Part

A Rush of Blood to the Head

Trouble

I'd also rotate in Death and All His Friends every now and then.

For those saying Up in Flames in the set list for MX era, I doubt we would see it in the set list. I think something like Up with the Birds or Princess of China. Would take its place.

They tried to include Princess of China in the setlist, and according to the Oracle, the band didn't like the sound of it without Rihanna and felt like something was missing.

So I doubt it will be Princess of China. As for Up with the Birds, well we've got no idea what the song even sounds like.

I think it'd be important to list the songs that are going to be in the show in a "no matter what" way. Meaning, even if they aren't complimentary (although they might be), they still have to be in there.

For me that's Yellow, The Scientist, Clocks, Fix You, and Viva la Vida. I feel like every other song is, in their minds, a choice. They really have to play those songs or fans might pissed.

I shit you not, U2 didn't play With or Without You in one of their 360 gigs.

Their second Zurich gig in 2010.