✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Which new song is your favorite?

Lynn42

i'm loving up with the birds (great fucking ending, brought a tear to my eye) and u.f.o. (wish there were more like u.f.o.) .... don't let it break your heart was a surprise! it's pretty good! charlie brown is gonna be huge, i'd be surprised if it's not. princess of china sticks out a little, not in a good way, kinda feels a little squished at the start, the last half is amazing though. all the interludes probably could've been mashed into their respective partner tracks, up in flames could've used a little more reverb on the drums. hurts like heaven has some great moments, not my favorite, but definitely a great track. us against the world is beautiful, lush sounding i was stunned.

and of course every teardrop, major minus, and paradise.. they're pretty good too, they fit nicely in the tracklisting and i've always enjoyed every tear... so yeah, overall..

OVERALL:

MX (unrated)

Hurts Like Heaven 8.5/10

Paradise 7.5/10

Charlie Brown 10/10

Us Against the World 10/10

M.M.I.X. (unrated)

Every Teardrop Is A Waterfall 8/10

Major Minus 8/10

U.F.O. 9.5/10

Princess of China 7.5/10

Up In Flames 8/10

A Hopeful Transmission (unrated)

Don't Let It Break Your Heart 10/10

Up With the Birds 10/10

compared to older albums (which i know i shouldn't do, but....)

Parachutes 8/10

A Rush of Blood to the Head 9/10

X&Y 8/10

Viva 8.5/10

MX 8.75/10

so i liked it a little more than viva, but less than a rush of blood... through the over-production and little mistakes i found myself finding tons of moments were i was just in complete awe. glad they took a kinda pop/electronic leap, but definitely looking foward to maybe an acoustic ep? ..... hey.. i can wish, right?

For me I can't pick out one song. There are definitely a lot of songs which could be my favorite but it would be a shame to name just two of three of them.

The star ist the album itself, the flow and the way how every song bleed into the next. Coldplay created such a intelligent album from beginning to end and this is what makes it so worthy - beside some beautiful songs.

For me I can't pick out one song. There are definitely a lot of songs which could be my favorite but it would be a shame to name just two of three of them.

The star ist the album itself, the flow and the way how every song bleed into the next. Coldplay created such a intelligent album from beginning to end and this is what makes it so worthy - beside some beautiful songs.

This. It's impossible to chose separate songs, because a part of what makes them amazing is the context they play in the album. That's why DLIBYH is probably my favourite new song - it's because of the role it plays.

Nearly all of them are songs that would be stuck in my head all day long. I had PoC doing the rounds in my head the day it was on iTunes, so when I got home I had to listen to it full-blast to fix that.

But the songs I'm loving from my first 2 listens of the album are Don't Let It Break Your Heart and Up With The Birds, but I loved Hurts Like Heaven and Charlie Brown already.

However, as has already been said, the whole album fits together as one which is something Coldplay have always been very good at. Up With The Birds really does make you want to go back to MX and start again :D