✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART II)

bearcat1229

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From that bribery link.. is the album not in order? It starts with Up With The Birds first for me. Or it could be DLIBYH. I have no fucking idea.

nah, it's in order, but if you add them to itunes one by one, it plays them in a random order

Now that the album leaked, this thread isnt the same. Glad that we all heard the album, but this thread's quirkiness went right out the window. Kinda want the moment before I heard the album back,(not because I dislike the album,I love it), because we were all so excited for it and now that anticipation excitement is over. The last few days leading up to this were crazy and fun! I miss that.... :cry:

Now that the album leaked, this thread isnt the same. Glad that we all heard the album, but this thread's quirkiness went right out the window. Kinda want the moment before I heard the album back,(not because I dislike the album,I love it), because we were all so excited for it and now that anticipation excitement is over. The last few days leading up to this were crazy and fun! I miss that.... :cry:

Aaaw :(

Was thinking the same thing, but we must all be swept up in work and school or listening to the album. FINALLY! I for one am glad that is as uplifting as it is. On my 3rd full listen now and its got me up moving around the house. Love it!

EDIT: I still can't figure out what most fans don't see in Major Minus... I blast it whenever it comes on!

This album is just astonishingly good. I really wasn't expecting to be blown away...and yet here I am. I seriously doubt that the "final" version will be significantly different. It's just too good as it is now. A perfect, beautiful mixture of epic, catchy Coldplay anthems (Hurts Like Heaven, Charlie Brown, Don't Let it Break Your Heart), interesting new experiments (Paradise, Princess of China), and slowed down, acoustic balads (Us against the World, U.F.O., Up in Flames). I honestly think it's their best album.

Guys, if it is true that the album HAS NOTTTT leaked yet, then this is not a leak!!!

--> if this is not the FINALIZED version!

Have you listened to this? Other than maybe mixing a few instruments a bit louder or quieter, it's not going to be significantly different. And it's enough of an indication to me that this is a really spectacular album.

Don't tell me it sounds good? Listen to Chris' voice.

You could hear parts of the backing "vocals" in the live version and it was to be expected. IMO. I do like the song. It's not my favorite, but it doesn't suck either. I like the lyrics and the fact that it's electronically altered doesn't hurt my feelings. I like sythns and messing with pedals.

Copy and pasted from another thread... This is my initial reaction... What is your take?

Mylo Xyloto - It's no Life In Technicolor.... 7/10

Hurts Like Heaven - Loved this live and had higher expectations for the studio version. Its still a good opener, just has room for improvement. 8/10!

Paradise - Though it is better in the context of the album, I will never love it. Their worst single release since The Hardest Part. 5/10

Charlie Brown - Good pop tune.... Good pop tunes should be introduced as a studio single before being un-leashed as a live BEAST!!! 8.5/10

Us Against the World - Could have been on AROBTH or Parachutes. Classic ColdPLAY and I love it... - 8/10

M.M.I.X. - Just an extension of ETIAW, or intro if you will. No rating.

Every Teardrop Is a Waterfall - I couldn't say this at first, because no song has ever grown on me more, but Fuck the haters! This song is fun and meant to get the people pumping their fists! Not whining for another FIX YOU! - 9/10

Major Minus - I love everything about this song. ESPECIALLY the stuff most people hate. I think it is my favorite on it, so far. It's loud, I can hear everything on it including Chris' whacked out, spacey, messed up vocals. I LOVE IT! Each listen it gets better and better 10/10

U.F.O. - See Us Against The World, but even better! Could have even been longer... 9/10

Princess of China - I like Rihanna and her music, but this is a Coldplay album... It's like a Rihanna song featuring Coldplay and not a good one. - 5/10

Up in Flames - Slightly repetitive, somewhat listenable. A little too moody for me right now and I could do with out the boom bah boom beat... Love the guitar work towards the end. - 7/10

A Hopeful Transmission - Fun little intro to DLIBYH, but these are sort of like the songs themselves... Not sure why they needed these...

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - I like this. A LOT! It has an urgency and a pulse that far exceeds any other song on the album. Wish they would have released this as the first single. Instantly enjoyable and hope it remains so... 9.5/10 If it stays as shiny and endures it will be a 10

Up with the Birds - The Last two songs are so strong! This is a great tune that should please all fans, new and old. BRILLIANT! 10/10

Overall first impression: Strong and fun with a ton of energy. Compared to the others, unfortunately it's not as good on the first listens, for me. VLV, Parachutes, and AROBTTH were instant classics. Much more enjoyable on first listens than X&Y was... It is as good as I was expecting, but didnt exceed my hopes. Coldplay will always be my favorite band, I suppose. This just isn't their best. Nor is it their worst... 7.5 of 10 over all. Maybe an 8.

I pre-ordered!

EDIT: There is NO REASON why Moving To Mars isnt on this album! It is more than worthy...

Good idea for the reviews, here's mine. I KNOW it may be just a demo, but let's pretend this is the real thing.

Mylo Xyloto - Better live. Not a bad intro though, I love it, it's cute. 7.5/10

Hurts Like Heaven - I LOVE this song live, I absolutely LOVE IT. But this one, sounds like a demo. Especially at 1:25... WHAT IS THAT VOICE?! It sounds... fake! Chris has such a beautiful voice, this song is so great live, I love it so much... But studio version? Not so much ... Again, this might be just a demo... 6/10 if this is the final version, 8.5/10 live version.

Paradise - I did not hate Paradise. I actually love it. 7/10

Charlie Brown - Same as HLH. Excellent song live, but studio no. I'm just used to old Coldplay I guess, and dissapointed at the moment. I loooooove this song, but Chris' voice AGAIN, sounds weird. studio version : 7/10, live version 8/10

UATW : MY FAVOURITE on the album! I absolutely LOVE it. It sounds amazing, old Coldplay, wowowow! 9/10 :D

ETIAW : Not my fav' but good song. 7.5/10

Major Minus : One of my favs' too. Love it. Sounds amazing, even better live. Actually, why do people hate this song? 9.5/10

U.F.O. - I don't know what to say about this one, I'm not enough familiar with it yet. 7/10

Up in Flames - Love it. Chris' voice sounds great. Not a fan of the drum though. 8/10

Don't Let It Break Your Heart - Wow I really don't know. It's a ''happy'' song. But it sounds SO different, doesn't sound like Coldplay at all IMO. Not sure yet if I like it or not. 6.5/10

Up with the Birds - From 1:50 to the end, LOVE IT. Sounds good, fun... 8/10!

Overall - Like mountainloafers said, it's a fun album, it has a ''happy'' sound.. But not as good as their other records. Too pop for me :( Anyways, they try new things.

I give it a 7/10, if it's the final version. Let's see if it's only a demo...