✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Will Mylo Xyloto leak? ** EFFECTIVE 16-10 LINKS NOT PERMITTED ** (PART II)

bearcat1229

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah. But you need to adjust your setting in iTunes. If you rip it at 256 AAC or MP3 or 320 AAC or MP3, then your rip will be the same as the one sold on iTunes.

I'm not sure what iTunes defaults at. But I would reckon you need to adjust your rip settings first. Here is a screenshot of where you do that:

First go to preferences:

7CU9G.png

Then go to "Import Settings"

m1f9x.png

Then go to "Import Using" and set it to what you would like. MP3, AAC, etc. But for "setting" go to CUSTOM, which will have a drop down window. You can then set what bit rate you want it to rip at:

jzdeB.png

And of course, you don't have to follow the exact settings I have there. Just giving an example. You can adjust to how you like. I will say though, honestly...the leak will be the same quality as the iTunes rip. The leak was ripped from a retail CD at 256 VBR (it was a V0 rip).

Thank you very much for all that. :thumbsup:

Is there really any noticeable difference between 256 and 320? Because if not, I think I'll stick with the former (so my CD songs don't take up a lot of room :P).

Again, thank you.

Is there really any noticeable difference between 256 and 320? Because if not, I think I'll stick with the former (so my CD songs don't take up a lot of room :P).

Again, thank you.

On quality speakers and headphones you can hear a slight difference. If you aren't using these, go for 256 :)

Again, thank you.

There really isn't. I honestly think it's more of a mental thing. People see 320 and assume, well it's 320, the biggest number. It's also the highest you can go in MP3 bit rate, so it must be the best.

Let me try to explain it this way to you:

MP3 in itself is a compression. The difference between a 256 VBR and 320 CBR (VBR vs CBR) is too little at that compression level for the ear to hear. Now, if you are talking FLAC/Lossless vs MP3, then yes, there is a difference in quality. If you are talking 128 vs 192, then yes you wil hear the difference. If you are talking 192 to 320, then yes again, you will hear the difference. But V0 to 320, you will not. Because they are basically same thing, one is just more efficient. But before I get into that, let me explain what VBR is vs CBR. 320 is CBR (Constant Bit Rate). It rips every song across the board at the same bit rate, even though not every song needs 320. VBR (various bit rate), detects what each song needs, and rips it accordingly.

The best way to explain this, is imagine you are a painter that has to paint within the lines. Every song has a different outline, but all connect to make one picture. A 256 V0 actually paints perfectly within the lines, and fills up as much as is needed to complete the painting. It adjusts itself to each outline, as every song is different and needs different amounts of paint to fill in the outlines. A 320 (CBR) just says screw it, and splashes paint all across the white board, because it wants to be 100% sure all of it is covered.

Don't get me wrong, 320 is great quality. It's guaranteed great quality. It's the same quality as V0 tbh lol But at the end of the day V0 is a superior format, and why so many audiophile and private tracking sites prefer it. Why scene groups use it now as the standard. It has the same quality as 320, but it saves space.

Just my 2 cents. I know not everyone agrees, some still prefer 320 over 256 vbr (or a V0 rip). And there is nothing wrong with that. Like I said, 320 is guaranteed top quality. But real top quality is Lossless. And when you get to those lower levels of compression (such as MP3) you won't be able to tell the difference between a 256 vbr and a 320 CBR. The thing to realize is, while 320 is a higher bit rate, at the level of compression mp3 is, the 256-320 hearing level is too similar. Hope that helps! Either way, whatever format you use, it will be great quality.