Rank The Albums

Nature

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Parachutes

2. Viva La Vida

3. A Rush Of Blood to the Head (with this 3 it's actually a tie)

4. X&Y

And that's all. For the moment I refuse to consider MX as a Coldplay album. At least it doesn't sound like it were.

You sound like the kind of person who stopped listening to Radiohead after they put out Kid A, or U2 after they put out Actung Baby or The Beatles after they put out Sgt. Pepper.

Parachutes (My first album of theirs which officially made them my favorite band bank in the early 2000s)

A Rush of Blood To The Head (The first song I ever heard from Coldplay was between Clocks and In My Place while using a public bathroom. I then knew they were special to me. I also faced a lot of depression during the release of this album. I was suicidal at this time of my life, and I really could relate to so many songs in this album)

X&Y (This album really reminds me of my ex. Singing all the songs over the phone to her, meaning every word that Chris and the band put in the song. This album is like a time machine, waiting to take me back to 2005 It's special to me for that reason)

Viva La Vida (I learned a lot of the Viva La Vida songs on the piano and played them for talent shows throughout my whole senior year in high school. This album really made people around me know that Coldplay was my favorite band)

Mylo Xyloto (And as for Mylo, I guess we'll see what memories this album makes for me. I don't dislike it, but there's no way I can put this album above any of the other ones just for the fact that I've only heard it all once. It takes time to really rank an album fairly in my opinion. I do know that when Coldplay released Every teardrop along with a few other songs from this album early, I didn't like them at all. They grew on me over time, and now they're my favorite songs of MX. I'm sure the other songs will grow on me too!)

For me at the moment.

1.Parachutes

2.AROBTTH/MX (maybe slightly higher?)

4.VLV

5.X&Y (loses points for being so long and hard to listen to as a whole album)

But it's too early to decide, you have to let it settle for a bit, you know? It may just be the hype right now for me. I do love the whole thing though.

And that's a relative ranking of course, I do love all the albums, just some.. slightly more than the rest.

This album is polarizing I guess, but I reckon it'll be a grower overall. Especially when you listen to the whole thing, start to finish. amazing.

1. Viva La Vida (Death and all His Friends)

2. Mylo Xyloto

3. A Rush of Blood to the Head

4. Parachutes

5. X&Y

Top three are all masterpieces and I shall now consider Coldplay's trifecta of AWESOME.

Viva La Vida: Gritty, universal

Mylo Xyloto: Fall/Winter, Poppy but experimental, personal story

A Rush of Blood to the Head: Romantic, Spring/Summer, a mix of grittyness and poppyness.