✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

The 'This is their Best Album' Club

samerater

My favorite album was X&Y before but this one won by far... for many reasons, i find that the songs have this certain appeal to them and i love it, and the big winner for me was that its so effortless to listen to this album as a whole, those 44 minutes pass fast! its like one big song.... its easier to listen to it compared to the others! i love it :) its certainly my fave with X&Y not far behind! then VLV, AROBTTH and last but not least parachutes :) now dont rip on mets not because it aint my favorite that i dont love it!

Like I said above, I haven't heard the album yet, but your favorites are the same order as mine, so now I'm even more pumped!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright. Nvdmm, TnSpieler1012, and RPA2011....First of all your names are so complicated (Gahhh!), second of all, why would you come here just to be rude. You have no respect. Most people, yes MOST people on here love this album, you don't have to but coming onto this thread and posting your snide comments is just plain rude. I have no respect for people like you. Get out.

Also on a happier note....

:waffle:

Though i've listened to the album non-stop since it leaked, i'm not able to tell if this one is better or worse than the other albums. I can only talk about first impressions or far predicitons, but i will first be able to say if it's really one of my favourite albums or if i prefer it to the others in some months or a year. My view on the songs after a long distance of time is the view that counts for me.

Talking about what i feel now, i would say Mylo Xyloto is not as good as Parachutes oder A Rush of Blood to the Head, but maybe at the same level as X&Y or Viva La Vida.

Just my point of view...;)

Like I said above, I haven't heard the album yet, but your favorites are the same order as mine, so now I'm even more pumped!

welcome to the "haven't heard the album yet but dying to hear it and reading this forum is only making the wait more excrutiating CLUB"!!!! :laugh3:

The Whole Beauty of MX is determined by your emotion:

When you want on your own and want to have some space, UFO,UATW, UIF, UWTB fits you well

If you want to have a perfect, upbeat day, MMIX/ETIAW, AHT/DLIBYH are the twin tracks for you

If you want twists and turns (bitter-sweet taste), MX/HLH, CB, POC and P will hit you

As for MM, it is a clear villain isn’t it ^^

MX is just so brilliantly produced. It is the culmination of the previous albums. It is so colourful that you’re like in another world when you’re listening to it. My Favorite Album^^

Credits to Coldplay (Chris,Jonny,Will,Guy) and to Brian Eno. Job Well Done!!!

A complete album I must say^^

I heard the leak only once and I was struck by the diversity of the tracks. I won't listen again until it's released, but I could tell that knowing most of the songs did spoil my first listen of the album I must admit. So I'll give this a few days and listen to it again on CD. Hopefully you will keep a place for me in this club, cuz I definitely wanna join and hopefully I will. :)

Kind of surprised so many like X&Y. I always thought that was their worst album. As someone that thought Viva was their second best album (behind AROBTTH), it's blowing my mind how many people don't like Viva, and thought X&Y was incredible.

Probably explains why I'm not on the same page with folks that really love Mylo. I think it's a regression for the band.

Alright. Nvdmm, TnSpieler1012, and RPA2011....First of all your names are so complicated (Gahhh!), second of all, why would you come here just to be rude. You have no respect. Most people, yes MOST people on here love this album, you don't have to but coming onto this thread and posting your snide comments is just plain rude. I have no respect for people like you. Get out.

Also on a happier note....

:waffle:

lolllll i'm just teasing you guys being rude is the last thing on my agenda. annoying yes but not rude ;)

joking aside i'm really staggered many people think this is their best work yet. most fans and world critics would admit AROBTTH was not only their best work but a masterpiece in the history of music and will never be forgotten. lets face it people will still be listening to clocks, a rush, scientist, politik warning sign etc in 10-15 years but paradise, tear? i doubt so. i'll eat my hat if this album gets any grammys. MAYBE one in the best pop song category for para para.

but i wholeheartedly respect your opinion about MX and am in no position to judge so accept my apologies if i offended anyone.

lolllll i'm just teasing you guys being rude is the last thing on my agenda. annoying yes but not rude ;)

joking aside i'm really staggered many people think this is their best work yet. most fans and world critics would admit AROBTTH was not only their best work but a masterpiece in the history of music and will never be forgotten. lets face it people will still be listening to clocks, a rush, scientist, politik warning sign etc in 10-15 years but paradise, tear? i doubt so. i'll eat my hat if this album gets any grammys. MAYBE one in the best pop song category for para para.

but i wholeheartedly respect your opinion about MX and am in no position to judge so accept my apologies if i offended anyone.

I'm pretty sure most fans have followed and liked Coldplay sound evolution: the success of Viva is a testament to this. I personally love A Rush, but I really can not see how it can or should be compared to later works. Each cd is a different journey and a different sound. As for critics, they love to praise the good old days of many an artist. I have heard it so often and frankly I've rarely agreed so I can't really sympathize with their sentiments.

Disclaimer:This post is all based on my personal opinion. If you like it, fine. If you don't, fine, but don't diss me because I said something that you don't want to hear.

im gonna do my family guy "OHHHHH CAAAM ONNN".

seriously though i haven't even heard the album yet but for me saying anything is better that AROBTTH and Parachutes is like someone punched my mother. THAT offending

I wouldn't go quite that far myself, but I agree in the sense that MX is definitely not better than these two albums.

My mind keeps developing imagery for the album. It's getting better by the day. I'm so happy it has quiet moments. Viva La Vida just seemed like a constant freak show of radically different tunes. This one is more cohesive. The individual songs don't stand alone as well, but as an album it is amazing.

You must have a vastly different way of hearing things, because I don't agree with this at all. I think VLV is very cohesive. It's not really that different at all. On MX, you have acoustic tracks smushed in between pure synth soungs, which makes no sense.

Sorry. Thought this was the " Worst " album forum. 3 good songs on it.

That amount seems about right. I feel pretty indifferent about the album in general.

I don't see how expressing a differing opinion is necessarily rude. OK, Chris' comment about TPing the clubhouse wasn't exactly nice, but other than that, I don't think they were meaning to be rude. They merely meant to say what they thought about it, and for you to say they're being rude simply because of that is rude in itself. They can dislike the album if they want to do so, and I feel like they have the right to express that however and wherever they want. They shouldn't have to worry about replies like this when they post something.

I heard the leak only once and I was struck by the diversity of the tracks. I won't listen again until it's released, but I could tell that knowing most of the songs did spoil my first listen of the album I must admit. So I'll give this a few days and listen to it again on CD. Hopefully you will keep a place for me in this club, cuz I definitely wanna join and hopefully I will. :)

I didn't feel it was very diverse at all. As I mentioned, it has a few acoustic songs smushed in between several songs of synth sound. The synth songs sound pretty similar to me. I'm not saying they're the same, but their execution seems to be that way.