✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise *OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO!* (Youtube Video In First Post, plus 1-10 elephant poll))

Vincent664

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

jaja its great jaja but... and the girl?

In fact, Roadie #42 said that a girl would be in the video, and he posted a photo of cHris playing piano in front of a green screen... Maybe an alternative video?

that must be the scrapped one

They make cute elephants :heart:

I just thought the video would've been serious, and like most Coldplay videos with them playing the song and a few special effects.

But this one is amazing and stands out :P

So good job boys !

I hate vevo, it took them hours till I could see it. Vevo = 0 Coldplay = 23894750357716501495781285436730947. 42

The best video that they have ever released: FUCKING AMAZING 10101010101010101010101

they'll never beat the scientist as far as videos are concerned

but still gave it :elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

they'll never beat the scientist as far as videos are concerned

but still gave it :elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant::elephant:

The scientist is good, but this one is in a context, it follows the lyrics

The fact that they're elephants is irrelevant. The theme is escaping the prison of everyday life, persevering until you finally reach paradise/happiness.

that's true, but the fact that they're dressed up as elephants is just absolutely the stupidest thing (imo). I would like the video if it wasn't for the elephants x.x

I don't usually laugh from watching music videos, but this one is just so darn cute, and random and makes no sense..And I love it!

Also you can tell they really don't give a shit about what people will think of it, looks like they just had lots of fun.ANND it made paradise a smidgen more bearable for me..

And yep, 10 elephants for me.

that's true, but the fact that they're dressed up as elephants is just absolutely the stupidest thing (imo). I would like the video if it wasn't for the elephants x.x

But as I pointed out in a different thread...I think that would be worse. People would hate this song even more if Coldplay took it too seriously. They needed a video saturated with fun and silliness, because a serious one would draw attention to how shallow the song really is.

I like the song as a standalone (though I would never describe it as deep or thought-provoking), but I think Coldplay made a wise choice in scrapping the original video.

I thinck that it's a good idea. Iwouldn't like ANOTHER video of them just staying there playing the song

I don't usually laugh from watching music videos, but this one is just so darn cute, and random and makes no sense..And I love it!

Also you can tell they really don't give a shit about what people will think of it, looks like they just had lots of fun.ANND it made paradise a smidgen more bearable for me..

And yep, 10 elephants for me.

the song is one of my least favourite in mx, but the video made it more bereable

But elephants are among the smartest animals on earth, and besides, it's fun and funnier with elephants! :laugh3:

What would Seuss say if Horton were here?:hat: Because a persons a person, no matter how small.

And we can make the desert bloom, for elephants roam in many parts of this tiny dust speck we call Earth.:sunny:

But as I pointed out in a different thread...I think that would be worse. People would hate this song even more if Coldplay took it too seriously. They needed a video saturated with fun and silliness, because a serious one would draw attention to how shallow the song really is.

I like the song as a standalone (though I would never describe it as deep or thought-provoking), but I think Coldplay made a wise choice in scrapping the original video.

Sorry, I haven't been online/thought of Coldplay in a few weeks. . ..

Tbh I don't think any sort of a video would cover up how shallow and cheesy this song is.

I just found this video to be. . . embarrassing? :thinking:

I thinck that it's a good idea. Iwouldn't like ANOTHER video of them just staying there playing the song

They could have done something, you know, creative? That didn't involve them dressing up like elephants . . .

But elephants are among the smartest animals on earth, and besides, it's fun and funnier with elephants! :laugh3:

What would Seuss say if Horton were here?:hat: Because a persons a person, no matter how small.

And we can make the desert bloom, for elephants roam in many parts of this tiny dust speck we call Earth.:sunny:

Oh man, I can't stand Seuss anymore- I was in pit orchestra last year and we did Seussical and I wanted to rip my hair out. :bigcry:

↑THIS

I'm too lazy to write an opinion haha but this is exactly what I think! ... I'm so happy that they scrapped out the girl and those piano scenes for this. It all sounded so corny to me, I almost could imagine a video of Selena Gomez LOL. Thank God they came to Mat Whitecross and everything was better. Is the most ridiculous video, sweet and funny video I've ever seen! the shot is amazing, the landscapes the photography, I think is wonderful.

Definitely my second favorite after The Scientist of course.

Oh man, I can't stand Seuss anymore- I was in pit orchestra last year and we did Seussical and I wanted to rip my hair out. :bigcry:

Hm, I can understand that - anything repeated too much is too much will do that, and the Seussicals sounded like such a mashup, I wondered if they lost the cohesiveness of the original works?

But I still have fond memories of Seuss's books and recordings, they really are fun!

Still, the elephants are reminiscent of other facets - such as freeing animals held too long in captivity, making zoos more livable for the animal residents, how exercise frees us from sitting too much and gives us energy! Plus the fun of escaping one's own drudgery - uplifting in it's own right.

Lots of good inferences one can gather.;)

And with Halloween approaching fast, elephant outfits will be stampeding out of shops everywhere!:cool: (and unicycles too.:P)

I just saw the video because it was far far away from my computer, anyway already reproduced thousands of times :smiley: I really liked is a video that makes you happy, only Coldplay can get me a smile and it is noteworthy . The part I don't like is the end of the video (the concert) I think it breaks with the aesthetic proposal at first but still amazing. I'll dress up next Halloween as an elephant :nice: