✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Paradise *OFFICIAL MUSIC VIDEO!* (Youtube Video In First Post, plus 1-10 elephant poll))

Vincent664

... I'm so happy that they scrapped out the girl and those piano scenes for this. It all sounded so corny to me, I almost could imagine a video of Selena Gomez LOL. Thank God they came to Mat Whitecross and everything was better. Is the most ridiculous video, sweet and funny video I've ever seen! the shot is amazing, the landscapes the photography, I think is wonderful.

Yes! Ugh, when I thought of the serious video they were going to do with this song I almost couldn't bear it :P So happy they went with a lighthearted version. I was smiling throughout the whole thing.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry, I haven't been online/thought of Coldplay in a few weeks. . ..

Tbh I don't think any sort of a video would cover up how shallow and cheesy this song is.

I just found this video to be. . . embarrassing? :thinking:

They could have done something, you know, creative? That didn't involve them dressing up like elephants . . .

why because Chris wants to do the flirty girl s and ego maybe others men do not enjoy. Fortunately the end of the clip is with the whole band. but is a clip of Chris solo.

The fact that they're elephants is irrelevant. The theme is escaping the prison of everyday life, persevering until you finally reach paradise/happiness.

Exactly! that is as simple as that, why to use complex interpetation or try to see things where they aren't? :thinking:let's just enjoy the good energy of the video, it means liberty, preserverance, fight for living, friendship and happiness!! we need that to our lives! we don't need to be always so critical and negative and serious!

After having seen the some photos of the video shoot on twitter, I was expecting something really different. But I had no ideia how they could relate the elephants to the song. But now I’m pleasantly surprised. They made a great job!

I like it because it's not too obvious. It's different. The elephants could have been a silly idea but they "told" the story of the song really well with them.

I think the fact that they choosed Africa to record the video was a great idea. It was really well-thought relate that with the paradise. They show places absolutly amazing on the video!

And then, the video is super funny! I loved when Chris stole some peanuts on the plane and when he was dancing to earn some money to buy a... unycicle :laugh3:

And it was really adorable when Chris finally met his bandmates! :nice:

And of course, I loved Guy Berryman’s shoes, Will Champion’s “ears” and Jonny Buckland’s hat! :laugh3:

In my opinion, it's one of their best video and definitely the cutest and the funniest one!

I have not voted yet but I might give it a 9 or 10. I don't usually give 10 but Chris riding a unicycle dressed as an elephant seems a good reason to give a 10!

I just watch the video. I laugh all the way through. Their concept of Paradise is hilarious. It's a place for elephants to roam free and do cool stuff like riding unicycle and forming a band

it's so funny that Will had to take the hardest part, wearing the costume of the elephant with pink polka dot ears.

that's true, but the fact that they're dressed up as elephants is just absolutely the stupidest thing (imo). I would like the video if it wasn't for the elephants x.x

Honestly, I don't really think you'd enjoy the video regardless of how it could have turned out.

What is wrong with the band having some fun? Plenty of bands do videos that involve mascots. No one takes them seriously, and it's all in good fun.

Just because you don't necessarily enjoy what Coldplay does doesn't mean that it's bad. :)

I really like the poll options :lol:

The first half was good, but the last 60 seconds of the video is a little bit cheesy and lame...?

I think it's just an okay video. The Scientist (and several other videos) still tops the chart for me.