✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wow! This album is getting slaughtered by the press and fans!

likeafire

And even by some Coldplay fans. Its not that bad is it? I actually like it. I listened to it after i read some of the bad reviews about it and wondered what everyone was moaning about. It has some absolute quality songs on the whole album, like charlie Brown, Us against the world, Up in flames etc.

Obviously its no viva la vida but nothing wouldve beaten that album.

Why is it being slammed? Why are fans turning against them?

Will coldplay lose out due to this?

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And even by some Coldplay fans. Its not that bad is it? I actually like it. I listened to it after i read some of the bad reviews about it and wondered what everyone was moaning about. It has some absolute quality songs on the whole album, like charlie Brown, Us against the world, Up in flames etc.

Obviously its no viva la vida but nothing wouldve beaten that album.

Why is it being slammed? Why are fans turning against them?

Will coldplay lose out due to this?

iTunes says they aren't!! The early reviews were really positive, the more recent ones are all bad!! I personally think it is better than VLV!

iTunes says they aren't!! The early reviews were really positive, the more recent ones are all bad!! I personally think it is better than VLV!

I think ive just seen the recent ones then. Ive not seen a single a positive review yet, i need to be helped in the right direction i think

I don't think it's getting slaughtered, I'd say it's getting mixed reviews. Which is probably what they had to have expected going into release.

According to Metacritic (which is an aggregate of "reputable" reviews), Mylo Xyloto's average rating is currently at 59%, the highest score being 8 out of 10. If the score stays where it is, then MX would be the lowest scoring Coldplay album. Granted, it's still a bit early as it only lists 18 reviews but the Metascore probably will be mid-60s at the highest.

I think ive just seen the recent ones then. Ive not seen a single a positive review yet, i need to be helped in the right direction i think

There's been some pretty good reviews. Metacritic aggregate says that professional reviews are "generally positive."

The BIG problem with Metacritic and all those aggregate websites is that they do not include reviews without ratings... also even if its 100 reviews up there... that's just 100 people's opinions...

100 people who got journalism degrees and couldn't cut it in print so they went online, and because the pop culture section was already covered by Suzie Newsworthy, they decided to take over music. Cause hey they like music! And they once listened to half of Journey's "Don't Stop Believing" before they passed out doing shots while studying for their journalism final.

lol really? You dont like them anymore because of this album? What about the album dont you like?

I've posted a ton about it in the last couple weeks. You'll have to dig through some older posts. (I can find one if you want) But yes, I'm disgusted with nearly every aspect of the album and what the band has become.

I've posted a ton about it in the last couple weeks. You'll have to dig through some older posts. (I can find one if you want) But yes, I'm disgusted with nearly every aspect of the album and what the band has become.

I can see your point i guess, they have changed, whether its for the better or worse, who knows

For some reason I think your hating is funny, so I approve. And you give reasonable explanations instead of saying OMFGG POP IZ BAD.