✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wow! This album is getting slaughtered by the press and fans!

likeafire

To me, the first 5 songs on AROBTTH will always be the pinnacle of Coldplay's brilliance.

Just simple yet powerful songs, all killers, no fillers. And it all culminates with Clocks...

Yeah, but IMP is kinda overrated in my opinion

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, but IMP is kinda overrated in my opinion

It's the weakest of the 5 songs, but it's still great.

1. It's a good lead single, it's very - hey look at me kind of songs.

2. It's the perfect Track 2 of the album, I don't know how to explain it, I just like the drums solo right after Track 1.

3. The drums and the riff are so simple yet instantly recognizable, it's almost irritating in a way. :D

I used to mix up Yellow and In My Place. I don't think it's a coincidence they play them together all the time.

Meh, it just seems mixed to me.

I don't like it because although there's a couple of decent songs and fewer that rank 'good' in my mind, it sounded like an incoherent mess.

I listened to the whole thing two or three times and felt I didn't get the point... nor did I feel like listening again to get the point because what I did get from it seemed rather dull.

Example: Charlie Brown (while I like the melody) ends up being obnoxious teens dancing around going 'OH HAY AREN'T WE SO RIOTING AND GLOWING? AND WE'RE OUT LATE!!!'

Also of Princess of China, 'hey look, we can has duet with an R&B singer to further our new music influences. Aren't we cool?' Despite the fact that the song seems to have almost nothing to do with the rest of the album apart from being a duet with Rihanna. Oops, I forgot the point where Rihanna and Chris' singing don't go together very well at all for me.

There's more things I could whine about, but they just make me cringe.

^THANK YOU :D

I'm tired of people saying it's not a great album because it sounds too much like pop. Like pop is always bad :bomb:

(oh, and I LOVE MX btw :dazzled: I can't say whether it's their best or not, first because it's always very difficult for me to rank Coldplay songs/albums, and then because well I really feel each album is very different from the other, and this one especially is SO different from VLV, and VLV was already so different...I'm having trouble to compare them and my love for them ! The only thing I can say is that this album is definitely their pop album, if you have to put it in a box, and also very energetic )

MX is not their best album.

Here's my ranking.

1. AROBTTH

2. Viva La Vida

2. X & Y

3. MX

4. Parachutes

There are some good songs in MX that I like. (HLH, Major Minus, Charlie Brown, UWTB, MX, Paradise, ETIAW) But, AROBTTH, Viva La Vida and X&Y are wayyyyyy better than MX. Unfortunately, a band has to evolve.

It's a perfect album in it's category, which is pop/electro-rock with urban back-to-being a kid/teen themes.

It's a midlife crisis album. :D And I hope it's just a phase. Though I'm glad it exists, they needed more upbeat songs.

Chris Martin and I are still waiting for that Sgt. Pepper/Joshua Tree Coldplay album. Something really innovating and influential...

MX is big fish in a little pond. A childish album like that can't be the best when compared to all music.

But it is fantastic within it's own boundaries and I love it.

It's a perfect album in it's category, which is pop/electro-rock with urban back-to-being a kid/teen themes.

It's a midlife crisis album. :D And I hope it's just a phase. Though I'm glad it exists, they needed more upbeat songs.

Chris Martin and I are still waiting for that Sgt. Pepper/Joshua Tree Coldplay album. Something really innovating and influential...

MX is big fish in a little pond. A childish album like that can't be the best when compared to all music.

:nod::nod:

Some would argue that ARoBttH was their Joshua Tree moment :nod:

(And it was astronomically good, but something tells me that we have yet to see Coldplay's best album)

Some would argue that ARoBttH was their Joshua Tree moment :nod:

(And it was astronomically good, but something tells me that we have yet to see Coldplay's best album)

So far, their Joshua tree was either AROBTTH or Viva.

But, I totally agree that something even more awe-inspiring will come out of this band, and it will simply dwarf all of our favorites in it's awesomeness. It's only a matter of time..... :D