✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

Wow! This album is getting slaughtered by the press and fans!

likeafire

Mylo Xyloto was great imo.

A few points ;

HLH. CB. UATW. DLIBY, UWTB are some of Coldplay's best songs.

ETIAW is a great single and can always cheer you up.

Paradise was good until it became too overplayed on the radio.

The interludes are great particularly MX and AHT.

Major Minus is boring and I'm not too big a fan of UFO.

I still wish they could of made an atmospheric album like Viva la Vida again though. In fact I wouldn't of minded if they called the album Viva la Vida 2 :P MX is my 4th favourite album ahead of Parachutes, but I think that's more due to the fact that Coldplay have set such a high standard for themselves, meaning a really good album like MX is still their 4th best album!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A few points ;

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed

Agreed :sick: I start listening to it again but like twice a week, and preferably acoustic, more stripped versions

Agreed

Not really agreed : I love UFO :dazzled: and I don't find Major Minus boring. I've just listened to MX a few hours ago and I enjoy the studio version more&more every time I listen to it :wacko: Though I try not to get an overdose :nod:

(I also do a preventive not-too-much-CB diet before the release, hoping we're gonna hear/see it as much as Paradise :lol: )

A few points ;

I still wish they could of made an atmospheric album like Viva la Vida again though. In fact I wouldn't of minded if they called the album Viva la Vida 2 :P MX is my 4th favourite album ahead of Parachutes, but I think that's more due to the fact that Coldplay have set such a high standard for themselves, meaning a really good album like MX is still their 4th best album!

What about POC? I must say it is my least favourite. Without Rihanna it would be great but with her it just gives it a cheap, pop feel. I dont know, it just doesnt sound right to me. They should have given it to her and put Car Kids in instead.

^ I never got tired of any Coldplay song, even Viva.

I got tired of it really quick. I don't know why, but I did. I consider it one of my least played Coldplay songs. It's just okay.

A few points ;

Paradise is played that much on the radio? I hear it at work often now, but, I have always enjoyed the song, so.

:awesome:

Guest howyousawtheworld

This album has been an unusual grower. I was very critical of it when it was released and a lot of those criticisms still stand but it has grown. Still no where near the brilliance of Viva La Vida but a nice companion piece alongside X&Y for me! The last two songs really are a great listen but it's the acoustic songs strangely which spoil it for me. UATW, UFO and Up In Flames just don't really cut the mustard for me in the context of this album.

This album has been an unusual grower. I was very critical of it when it was released and a lot of those criticisms still stand but it has grown. Still no where near the brilliance of Viva La Vida but a nice companion piece alongside X&Y for me! The last two songs really are a great listen but it's the acoustic songs strangely which spoil it for me. UATW, UFO and Up In Flames just don't really cut the mustard for me in the context of this album.

:nod: I found that when I listened to the whole album, U.F.O was very underwhelming, probably because it was a solemn little acoustic song amongst all the huge stadium songs, but I listened to it again later by itself and it blew me away

Wow. I did not listen to MX for like a month, and now I just love it. Really weird, I did not like this album at all at first. I guess it just depends on the mood.

It IS like that.

I ignored the new stuff the whole summer - ETIAW, Paradise, live versions of songs at the festivals, but when I heard the album it was love at first listen. :dazzled:

And I am still not sick of any song... It appears to be an expendable pop record but it does have depth to it and it grows on you massively.

I personally love all Coldplay albums... I started being their fan since their first 2 albums which were more mysitc, pacific, soft and kind of depressing sometimes and in that time of my life I was That Kind of person... those albums complemented me...

Then X&Y started to mix things up and so was I ... I was having many changes and taking life in two different and opposites ways... So it was perfect for me!

Then Viva La Vida started some kind of revolution of everything... colors, sounds... it was a more energic album and I was also having more friends, living life in different ways, being positive... So Viva was awesome...

and Mylo Xyloto continues with that change... now everything is color, kind of pop, energy, awesomeness!!! The album is just so good! and it also takes some sounds of the oldest ones (like in UFO or UIF)....

I dont think Mylo Xyloto is a bad album, not even a "good" one... I think is Amazing!!! not my favorite but still love it... I love all Coldplay albums and think everyone has its own soul and their reason to exist and to be with us through different moments of our life! :D

It appears to be an expendable pop record but it does have depth to it and it grows on you massively.

:nod: It's like Chris was trying to make songs for Katy Perry but didn't achieve the popness of it. So it ended up to be just Coldplay with candy (full of sugar and gives you energy), awsome! I love the album, really.

PS: I HATE Katy Perry