✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

THE VOICE OF CHARLIE BROWN!

CharlieBrown

[ame=

]
[/ame]

The incredible Interview with a voice actor from the Charlie Brown animated shorts. Just listen to the speech on the origin of the voice of Snoopy and you will understand. I nearly feinted due to over excitement. Round of applause Coldplay, you are some brilliant artists. :) :shocked2:

Still dont get it.

can someone explain!

The voice of Snoopy in the peanuts cartoon is actually someone's voice sped up at around 4 times normal speed. Like wise the intro noises in the song Charlie Brown are Chris singing the lines "All the boys, all the girls, etc..." sped up at 4 times the speed.

The voice of Snoopy in the peanuts cartoon is actually someone's voice sped up at around 4 times normal speed. Like wise the intro noises in the song Charlie Brown are Chris singing the lines "All the boys, all the girls, etc..." sped up at 4 times the speed.

reallyy ?? wow, thanks :) :)

tumblr_lgd6c0Itlt1qd9q5n.jpg

I think it might be just a coincidence.
Really? But it would be a nice explanation of why the song is called Charlie Brown. Although then it would have made more sense to name it Snoopy. Hm, okay, I’m not sure if this is it. It also reminded me of Kanye West instead of Peanuts when I heard the sound effect or even the remix of Professional Widow where they also start with a speed-up part of the song, or Spaceman. When I think about it, this has been done many times before :S But then again, maybe they were thinking of Peanuts when they made the sound effect. Let’s hope Coldplay will share a light on that once in an interview.

Really? But it would be a nice explanation of why the song is called Charlie Brown. Although then it would have made more sense to name it Snoopy. Hm, okay, I’m not sure if this is it. It also reminded me of Kanye West instead of Peanuts when I heard the sound effect or even the remix of Professional Widow where they also start with a speed-up part of the song, or Spaceman. When I think about it, this has been done many times before :S But then again, maybe they were thinking of Peanuts when they made the sound effect. Let’s hope Coldplay will share a light on that once in an interview.

Hmm interesting.

I think it's called Charlie Brown because Charlie Brown is the classic cartoon character. He is innocent, he has adventures and he has a free heart.

The whole "cartoon heart" rhetoric really applies to him.

Yeah, Charlie Brown could be a metaphor for Mylo, the male character in the MX story.

So maybe it's the other way around, they came up with the title and then decided to add that sound effect in the song. (but the song had another working title before when I guess they had already the sound effect in it - so I still don't know, haha!)

I recall Chris saying the song came from (and I'm totally paraphrasing) the idea of cartoons getting run over in one scene and in the next scene, they shake it off and are back to normal....the incredible idea of being able to start over in our world intrigued him.

The title Charlie Brown was an actual lyric in the original song, but they got changed and the title of the song never got changed because once a song is named, its hard to rename it, I believe it was Guy who said that last week.

Check out this thread: http://coldplaying.com/forum/showthread.php?t=89385

And stop get over excited about this thread here, the intro voice of the song is just Chris's voice sped up a few times :dozey:

It's not the fact that Chris' voice is sped up that makes them excited, it's the idea that this four times speed-up might be done to make it sound like Snoopy, another character of Peanuts.

I, for one, had already read that thread.

Taliaa, thanks for letting us know. I totally missed that Guy had been saying that.

So the song title didn't come after they made the speed-up effect, but before I guess.

Yeah, I am still curious if Coldplay did the speeding up in relation to Snoopy/Peanuts.

(btw, why is this thread in MX general and not in the Charlie Brown subforum?)