✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

MX songs left out

filiprasmusson

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe.

In the Taratata interview, they said that some of the songs on the album are 3 years old (when they wanted to do an acoustic album) but they still kept some (UFO and UATW I guess) and also, some were fresh and new from the MX era. Maybe Car Kids is one of them. OR MAYBE IT'S JUST NOT CAR KIDS :lol: Anyways, it sounds like a great song. :) If we could hear it, we could type on google the lyrics and see if it's CK, because we already have some of the CK lyrics.

okay so i got my pop up album and im reading through chris' notes from the excerpts of his note book and i discovered some things.

first off car kids is a really song, they were suppose to play it at glastonbury, but i dont know if they did. and it was suppose to be on the album. they have some of its lyrics in it like "dont need the feed" and "no power to the tower". i think we will here it soon either in an EP or single because you can tell the band really liked it.

second off "the man who swears" from the viva demos so happened was called major minus? and then became major minus (i dont know how)

thirdly "mylo xyloto" was a longer song with lyrics "left to right, tip to toe. we're in flight, where nobody knows?"these lyrics are also written on one of the bands guitars, andd i think it was then changed to UFO because some UFO lyrics are mixed with the MX one. like " the streets are paved with gold."

fourthly "a hopeful transmission" was a longer song with lyrics which are "guide me stranger, shepherd me through danger"

lastly i can confirm that these songs did exist and had a place on the album.

rex

moving to mars

aiko

and lela

what? i wanted mylo xyloto to be a longer song - i just love it, and it ends too quickly - please let there be a MX ii - also would love to hear Car Kids finally despite the naysayers saying it didn't exist (thanks naysayers)

Rex has been seen on the piano, 100k, aiko, lela are all new to me - sounds good, we need an ep next year, i'm enjoying this album's era for sure. Thanks CP

i wanted mylo xyloto to be a longer song - i just love it, and it ends too quickly[/size][/b] - please let there be a MX ii - also would love to hear Car Kids finally despite the naysayers saying it didn't exist (thanks naysayers)

Rex has been seen on the piano, 100k, aiko, lela are all new to me - sounds good, we need an ep next year, i'm enjoying this album's era for sure. Thanks CP

I think releasing this as a longer track with lyrics would ruin the effect of the original instrumental. It works perfectly as it is. I also find it hard to believe AHT was originally a longer track with lyrics!

Samuel - i hear ya - it does fit in nicely as a short intro to HLH - but man, I love the chords, and the atmosphere they create with it, i just feel even if it's just a 2 min one - it's good enough for me -

and yeah ufo, aht, mx also have similar chord progressions, so ufo could have definitely been mx, but i'm hoping for an mx ii nonetheless - it would be special for sure. and a possible single a la LiT ii, and may get its own video if they do decide to release another ep.

Samuel - i hear ya - it does fit in nicely as a short intro to HLH - but man, I love the chords, and the atmosphere they create with it, i just feel even if it's just a 2 min one - it's good enough for me -

and yeah ufo, aht, mx also have similar chord progressions, so ufo could have definitely been mx, but i'm hoping for an mx ii nonetheless - it would be special for sure. and a possible single a la LiT ii, and may get its own video if they do decide to release another ep.

Yeah, it might reduce the effect of the intro but it would certainly be intriguing to hear!

Hey, the oracle said that she/he would ask the guys if it's one of their songs. And now the video is gone? So maybe they don't want anybody to hear that song. Just a thought

I didnt know it had been removed. Interesting, it's possible one of their songs that could be released in the future and the Oracle made them aware after the question and they had it removed. Perhaps they didnt realise they were on camera.

Interesting find! I'm sure someone else has a copy that will make its way to the internet at some point.

By the way, YouTube says it was Warner Bros. (The Ellen Show) that had the video pulled. Coldplay/EMI had nothing to do with it.

Oh, probs nothing to do with the new song then. How do you know it was Warner Bros.

Hey anybody remember this?

[ame=

]
[/ame]

from 4:11 there's a solo piano part from Chris, prob a new song wich also didn't make the final cut.

And also this one

[ame=

]
[/ame]

In the first 20 seconds Chris again plays something new.....

Hey anybody remember this?

from 4:11 there's a solo piano part from Chris, prob a new song wich also didn't make the final cut.

And also this one

In the first 20 seconds Chris again plays something new.....

This is Christmas Lights I think. I recognise it from the live 'Merry Christmas' video currently on the coldplay.com home page.

This is Christmas Lights I think. I recognise it from the live 'Merry Christmas' video currently on the coldplay.com home page.

How can you hear Christmas Lights in those parts? And they performed Christmas Lights also that evening so it would be stupid if he played it twice...:confused: