✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK (warning: m'cr will be busy see P7)

Tash

Ahh, this is the last show until June 22nd.

I get so used to checking these concert threads every other day and watching some of the videos.

:awesome:

I'm going to the 22nd concert and am beyond excited. I'm actually purposefully forgetting what the setlist is so I can surprise myself. Haha

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Back

Got VIP tickets thanks to Phil (and ofc Debs thankyou:D), got access to the friends and family room where we saw Guy, Jonny and Will mingling with, well, friends and family funnily enough. Didn't have the opportunity really to approach them as the room was dark, very quiet and they were busy anyway. And I was busy drinking free beer and wine. :drunk: I think Will's dad or someone was there, he was talking to an elderly couple. Jonny was with his brother who was also from Mold. How he clomps around in those big shoes all night heaven knows, he'd probably have an easier time wearing heels. Guy was with some younger people, no idea who they were though.

Saw nothing of Chris at all.

Spoke to Phil's PA Jessie who said he will come and have a chat with us.. once he's finished having his hair cut :lol:

Three beers later he appears about 45 mins before show time, we discussed the website and apparently Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D the rest, not so much. Chris doesn't even read the media, so I doubt he ever comes on here. Also met Arlene* Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

Phil mentioned that the band are going to try and get back to their roots on the next LP (or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what he said, unless Jen can). But he is aware of the feedback of the MX era, both good and bad. I told him you can't please everyone all of the time, especially on Coldplaying :lol:

He hinted that it may be a while before they're back again, so possibly no more UK shows on this tour? Who knows. He talked about the bakery and fans visiting there, the band are actually appreciative of it :)

More soon...

Three beers later he appears about 45 mins before show time, we discussed the website and apparently Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D the rest, not so much. Chris doesn't even read the media, so I doubt he ever comes on here. Also met Eileen Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

Phil mentioned that the band are going to try and get back to their roots on the next LP (or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what he said, unless Jen can). But he is aware of the feedback of the MX era, both good and bad. I told him you can't please everyone all of the time, especially on Coldplaying :lol:

He hinted that it may be a while before they're back again, so possibly no more UK shows on this tour? Who knows. He talked about the bakery and fans visiting there, the band are actually appreciative of it :)

More soon...

You got to chat to Phil? That's awesome :awesome:

I'm sort of glad none of the others come on here, I imagine Chris and Jonny might be a bit disturbed by some of the stuff they would see here :lol: Will seems to get off lightest when it comes to that sort of thing.

That's cool, maybe for LP6 they will make the record they were trying to make when they started on LP5. Maybe that means we will finally get Wedding Bells and Spanish Rain! :D

Back

Welcome back!

Got VIP tickets thanks to Phil, got access to the friends and family room where we saw Guy, Jonny and Will mingling with, well, friends and family funnily enough.

:awesome:

How he clomps around in those big shoes all night heaven knows, he'd probably have an easier time wearing heels.

:lol:

Spoke to Phil's PA Jessie who said he will come and have a chat with us.. once he's finished having his hair cut :lol:

:laugh3:

Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D

Hi Will!

Also met Arlene Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

Fixed ;)

Phil mentioned that the band are going to try and get back to their roots on the next LP (or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what he said, unless Jen can).

Good to hear that! :nice:

He hinted that it may be a while before they're back again, so possibly no more UK shows on this tour? Who knows.

: (

we were sat near the yellow circle, not too far away! :lol:

20120610man1a.jpg

Wow!

Back

Got VIP tickets thanks to Phil (and ofc Debs thankyou:D), got access to the friends and family room where we saw Guy, Jonny and Will mingling with, well, friends and family funnily enough. Didn't have the opportunity really to approach them as the room was dark, very quiet and they were busy anyway. And I was busy drinking free beer and wine. :drunk: I think Will's dad or someone was there, he was talking to an elderly couple. Jonny was with his brother who was also from Mold. How he clomps around in those big shoes all night heaven knows, he'd probably have an easier time wearing heels. Guy was with some younger people, no idea who they were though.

Saw nothing of Chris at all.

Three beers later he appears about 45 mins before show time, we discussed the website and apparently Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D the rest, not so much. Chris doesn't even read the media, so I doubt he ever comes on here. Also met Arlene* Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

More soon...

Fascinating, thanks Ian, glad you guys had an amazing time :D

How lovely of Phil and Debs! Just hope you VIP/friends and family sorts will lower yourself to mix with us riffraff from time to time :laugh3:

I can be rather critical myself, but had really hoped no-one connected with the band had been on here much when all the Teardrop and Paradise (neither of which clicked with me until I saw them live) stuff was going crazy - a lot of posts were from people who don't even come here for Coldplay anymore!!

I think the Emirates was the most cohesive show I've ever seen them play with the way the dynamics of the songs and special effects came together, and I've never seen them happier or more assured, so a lot of good's come out of this era for me, despite about half the album being very 'disposable'. Would it work so well in an arena without the fireworks? I'm not so sure.

I personally don't think they'll ever have a better opener than HLH, Charlie Brown's incredible as is UatW, Princess of China rocks, for me, Paradise is a big hit with everyone live, and the 'new' generation of fans adore it, so it'll certainly be very interesting to see where they go from here...I think some of those songs are as good as their very best, HLH probably one of the best ever.

No more UK gigs though? :cry: Will I never see Lovers in Japan, Warning Sign, Violet Hill and Princess of China on the same setlist again?! :cry: <edit> don't answer that please I can't take it!!

hi guys!!!

back from Manchester: mazing week-end! :D

the crowd was awesome and the band smiled a lot, it was very nice :)

our guest bits

20120610man2.jpg

20120610man4.jpg

your VIP pass looks so beautiful!!!

and btw, someone know the song Chris sang before Fix you? I didn't recognize that song...