✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

[10-Jun-2012] Coldplay @ Etihad Stadium, Manchester, UK (warning: m'cr will be busy see P7)

Tash

Screen%20Shot%202012-06-10%20at%2007.51.59.png

Manchester & Wembley panoramas

11 June 2012 7:57 am

Check out our hi-res photos from Saturday's shows in London and Manchester

news_line.png

Good morning. Here are Roadie #42's panorama shots from the two incredible shows at Manchester's Etihad Stadium this weekend, and from Capital Radio's Summertime Ball at London's Wembley Stadium. Click the pics for the hi-res versions.

MANCHESTER ETIHAD STADIUM, SUNDAY

20120610-Mcr2_Small.jpg

MANCHESTER ETIHAD STADIUM, SATURDAY

a20120609Manc1_Small.jpg

LONDON WEMBLEY STADIUM, SATURDAY

20120609WembleyCrowd_Small.jpg

Anchorman

• Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Met a guy who'd been to all the events in the UK on this current tour! He had the chris doll from l.i.t ii and I got pictures with it! He also owns the rest of the dolls and guitars and other things. I'll try get a picture up soon. Also, me and my friends were basically the first in the stadium, stood at the start of the X stage catwalk thing. In other words, an awesome view. I'm just delighted after yesterday, makes me feel like is worth living once again. Can't wait for their next tour.

P.s., coldplay fans, you're so beautiful. I was around some girls my age and they were just awesome. I wish I'd have got some names to add on facebook but maybe eventually on the facebook groups I'll find who they were.

Thanks again Coldplay, brilliant show. My first, but by far not the last.

Three beers later he appears about 45 mins before show time, we discussed the website and apparently Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D the rest, not so much. Chris doesn't even read the media, so I doubt he ever comes on here. Also met Arlene* Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

For some reason, the thought of Will coming on here regularly made my stomach flip in a creeped out way! It had me frantically rushing back through posts seeing what embarrassing things I'd written. :laugh3::laugh3: Oh my. I had a feeling they would go back to their roots after MX mainly just because it would be a logical thing to do. They've really branched out and covered a lot of genres, and I love it. Now back to scouring through posts! :lol:

Also, me and my friends were basically the first in the stadium, stood at the start of the X stage catwalk thing. In other words, an awesome view. I'm just delighted after yesterday, makes me feel like is worth living once again.

I was there for the 2nd show at Emirates: very ggod view, I agree!!! but very hard to get that place. So I prefer to be front row than to be a the 2nd row at the x-stage.

One day, I would love to be in front of the C-stage: so close to them but it's only for 2 songs...

I was there for the 2nd show at Emirates: very ggod view, I agree!!! but very hard to get that place. So I prefer to be front row than to be a the 2nd row at the x-stage.

One day, I would love to be in front of the C-stage: so close to them but it's only for 2 songs...

How do you go about finding who the people were that were around you? It'd be nice to go again with the same people!

I'm hoping for some setlist changes :P but it seems like they are sticking with the same one.

I like this setlist a lot. Wish they'd add a couple, or seven or eight :laugh3: Guess we'll see what happens when they come back to North America next week.

Manchester Etihad 10th June 2012

Hi All... just wanted to say WOW! what a thrill last night was!! Took two hours to get away from stadiumm parking and onto the M6 heading back to Bristol (crawled into bed just after 4am!), but it was so worth it!

Amazing how they have matured and progressed since I last saw Coldplay live (the tour following Rush of Blood's release...) Back then they were solid, but how they have matured into a stadium act. Talk about having a crowd in the palm of their hands!!

Personal favourites for me were XM / Hurts like Heaven, Viva la Vida and The Scientist, but i'm really splitting hairs!

Had my whole family with me, and it was my 12 yr old daughter's first concert!!! The look of joy and sheer amazement on her face as she sang and danced to every track will live with me forever, as I'm sure it will for her!!! If any of the band members see this - thank you for giving me these memories :)

I hate to sound critical, but more questions / discussions to others at the gig... was the sound system not quite up to it at times (sounded tinny / distorted to me, especially in the quieter moments...), and whilst the Xylobands and confetti really added something, did you not think the ballons still bouncing around at the start of Yellow were somewhat distracting????

Anyway, back to the joy - now i'm thinking Fix You was wonderful... no, no it was Every Teardrop... damn, the whole thing was brilliant!!!

Back

Got VIP tickets thanks to Phil (and ofc Debs thankyou:D), got access to the friends and family room where we saw Guy, Jonny and Will mingling with, well, friends and family funnily enough. Didn't have the opportunity really to approach them as the room was dark, very quiet and they were busy anyway. And I was busy drinking free beer and wine. :drunk: I think Will's dad or someone was there, he was talking to an elderly couple. Jonny was with his brother who was also from Mold. How he clomps around in those big shoes all night heaven knows, he'd probably have an easier time wearing heels. Guy was with some younger people, no idea who they were though.

Saw nothing of Chris at all.

Spoke to Phil's PA Jessie who said he will come and have a chat with us.. once he's finished having his hair cut :lol:

Three beers later he appears about 45 mins before show time, we discussed the website and apparently Will is an avid follower of coldplaying.com :D the rest, not so much. Chris doesn't even read the media, so I doubt he ever comes on here. Also met Arlene* Moon, one of the management ladies, she comes on here and she wants her own thread on the forum, hint hint ;)

Phil mentioned that the band are going to try and get back to their roots on the next LP (or something along those lines, can't remember exactly what he said, unless Jen can). But he is aware of the feedback of the MX era, both good and bad. I told him you can't please everyone all of the time, especially on Coldplaying :lol:

He hinted that it may be a while before they're back again, so possibly no more UK shows on this tour? Who knows. He talked about the bakery and fans visiting there, the band are actually appreciative of it :)

More soon...

Oh dear Lord what he must think of some of us!!:laugh3:

This post made me as excited about Coldplay as I've been in years! Thanks, Ian!:D:D

I think the balloons can be distracting but more so in their stadium gigs as of late as there is more sunlight. Compared to the arena gigs that were done indoors, when it is dark inside, the balloons become much less of a distraction.

Also, its cool to hear that Will visits this site and also nice to hear that they are thinking about the next album and the direction they want to go in.

I like as many balloons as possible and love them lasting for as long as possible (who are all the idiots who pop them?!). It's only distracting if you let it be I think!

There were loads more at the Emirates on the Monday than the Saturday, and it was much better imo.

Welcome to the site Mike, glad you had such a great night :)

I like as many balloons as possible and love them lasting for as long as possible (who are all the idiots who pop them?!). It's only distracting if you let it be I think!

There were loads more at the Emirates on the Monday than the Saturday, and it was much better imo.

Welcome to the site Mike, glad you had such a great night :)

I read that during the North American shows, security pops them when the song ends, unless a fan catches one and pops it themself.

Had another incredible night last night, my family were totally shocked when I told them where we were going, they had an amazing time :) It was certainly a very different experience up in the seats, couldn't believe that people were going out and in and back again all evening... is it really too much to ask to put your life on hold for 2 hours to stop disturbing everyone else's experience, is it so important to go away for 5 minutes mid show to get another drink? :confused:

Also, there seemed to be hundreds of people leaving at the back after In My Place... very strange. And I was astonished that the three people next to me left after Clocks to beat the traffic!!!

Luckily we had parked right next to the gate so got out pretty much straight away, and only had to queue for 5 minutes outside before we were out of the traffic.

The view was good though and the xylobands spectacular, I was worried that the sound wouldn't be as good being so far away but it was ok - not as good as standing though!

So after all these beers in the F&F lounge I decide to go to the loo, I'm wondering who I might find in here. ROADIE #42 HAVING A SLASH! seriously! :lol: Well Miller he was busy, I could have said hello but I didn't want to disturb him, I guess it's a man thing. anyway one of the other roadies wearing full white outfit came in and R#42 disappeared.

What else? They had a fridge full of wines and champagnes, the red wine was nice too :D lots of tables with burning candles on and Ikea furniture (according to Jen anyway). Nibbles consisted of posh melons and fruits and cauliflower dips.(!)

Really does create an atmosphere when the room is filled with candle light and everyone talking really quietly. Guy was in the fridge a couple of times pulling out soft drinks. Jonny I think was arranging something for his brother, possibly tickets. He did look over to me and Jen but we were sat a little bit away from his group but then he went to get ready. Noticed he'd had a change of outfit, he was wearing red pants in the lounge but green on stage.

Phil talked a little bit about stuff like trolls attacking on the forum, I told him probably Radiohead fans were the main culprits when they've got nothing better to do but it's a rare event. He asked who looks after the forum and I told him about moderators and stuff and what we do :) He seemed quite interested in the history of the site so I told him how it got started way back in 2000. Also how busy it gets and I told him the traffic really depends on what Coldplay are doing at the time. He thought it was my full time job to run the site! He uses the site to find out what the media are saying about Coldplay etc. We chatted about families and stuff, and briefly the boat trip.

I think the balloons can be distracting but more so in their stadium gigs as of late as there is more sunlight. Compared to the arena gigs that were done indoors, when it is dark inside, the balloons become much less of a distraction.

Also, its cool to hear that Will visits this site and also nice to hear that they are thinking about the next album and the direction they want to go in.

I was in a festival setting last September and they annoyed me a tad bit after a while. All I wanted to do was sing and dance, but 1x in a while, a balloon would just hit me in the face and disrupt my rhythm.

I read that during the North American shows, security pops them when the song ends, unless a fan catches one and pops it themself.

Yeah, I think it's the same here (I think they even pop them during the song when they get near, generally :\) and then of course there was that 'thing' where in Yellow one balloon always used to 'coincidentally' pop up on stage right at the end for Chris to pop (which was awesome :lol:).

On Monday at the Emirates they just sent out loads and it was fantastic, plus it didn't (for me) detract from later songs at all, it was a joy to see them still going :sunny: On Saturday we were in GA seating and none got close to us, on Monday we were the level above and quite a few came our way :dance:

So after all these beers in the F&F lounge I decide to go to the loo, I'm wondering who I might find in here. ROADIE #42 HAVING A SLASH! seriously! :lol: Well Miller he was busy, I could have said hello but I didn't want to disturb him, I guess it's a man thing. anyway one of the other roadies wearing full white outfit came in and R#42 disappeared.

What else? They had a fridge full of wines and champagnes, the red wine was nice too :D

Yes, yes, we get it - you're a VIP pisshead :P

He asked who looks after the forum and I told him about moderators and stuff and what we do :) He seemed quite interested in the history of the site so I told him how it got started way back in 2000. He thought it was my full time job to run the site! He uses the site to find out what the media are saying about Coldplay etc.

Great stuff, and what a plaudit now you have such hard-working mods again on the site, congrats, really pleasing to read :)

What else? They had a fridge full of wines and champagnes, the red wine was nice too :D lots of tables with burning candles on and Ikea furniture (according to Jen anyway). Nibbles consisted of posh melons and fruits and cauliflower dips.(!)

Really does create an atmosphere when the room is filled with candle light and everyone talking really quietly. Guy was in the fridge a couple of times pulling out soft drinks. Jonny I think was arranging something for his brother, possibly tickets. He did look over to me and Jen but we were sat a little bit away from his group but then he went to get ready. Noticed he'd had a change of outfit, he was wearing red pants in the lounge but green on stage.

Phil talked a little bit about stuff like trolls attacking on the forum, I told him probably Radiohead fans were the main culprits when they've got nothing better to do but it's a rare event. He asked who looks after the forum and I told him about moderators and stuff and what we do :) He seemed quite interested in the history of the site so I told him how it got started way back in 2000. He thought it was my full time job to run the site! He uses the site to find out what the media are saying about Coldplay etc.

what a story and such an amazing experience!!!

you're lucky to have wine, champaign and good food!

and I'm happy to hear that Phill is very interested by the site :D

good job!!!! :D :D :D

I was in a festival setting last September and they annoyed me a tad bit after a while. All I wanted to do was sing and dance, but 1x in a while, a balloon would just hit me in the face and disrupt my rhythm.

I really can understand that, but looking at the other side of things I think you're lucky! I've been down on the floor plenty of times without getting near a balloon!

Phil talked a little bit about stuff like trolls attacking on the forum, I told him probably Radiohead fans were the main culprits when they've got nothing better to do but it's a rare event. He asked who looks after the forum and I told him about moderators and stuff and what we do :) He seemed quite interested in the history of the site so I told him how it got started way back in 2000. He thought it was my full time job to run the site! He uses the site to find out what the media are saying about Coldplay etc.

This site is incredibly efficient. Whenever I do a quick Coldplay search, coldplaying.com is always among the top 3-5 links to come up. Sometimes, I wind up pulling up my own posts during a search. :lol:

I really can understand that, but looking at the other side of things I think you're lucky! I've been down on the floor plenty of times without getting near a balloon!

Yeah, my kids, 13 & 16 had a ball. They just loved them. Me? I just wanted to stare at the band from start to finish. I didn't want to lose a single second.

The balloons are so much fun! At one of the London shows they were still going around a couple of songs later!

I have two balloons now, one from December and one from 2 June :awesome: