🌙 COLDPLAY ANNOUNCE MOON MUSIC OUT OCTOBER 4TH 🎵

The 11th Mixtape Exchange (Mixtapes due December 30 at 11 pm GMT)

an angel

I'm not your mixtape partner am I? Because I reviewed my tape recently (rather sloppily though) and haven't gotten a tracklist.

No, you're not my partner! But maybe ask evil cat if she can give you the tracklisting since it was ask to give it with the mixtape :)

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This has to be some kind of record. So finally here it is, and it isn't much. I can start off by saying that the mixtape is themed around aviation...

Track 1: A lot of distortion. Tight verses, with the bass an acoustic guitar sticking together. There's a vocal distortion on the verses, and on the backing vocal on the choruses. Reminds me of something, but I can't pinpoint it. Love the synths. I'm good with this song. One of my favorites off the mix.

Track 2: Straight forward guitar rock. Not really my thing. Could this be the Foos?

Track 3: Sounds like 70's? Starts off with an organ intro and a piano piece that sounds like Let It Be played by Bowie. Then moves on to a sharp guitar that takes the lead. Hoarse male voice, doubled in the last part of the verse. Then there's a tempo change.

Track 4: There really is no mistaking the voice of Conor Oberst. This one is called At the Bottom of Everything. Great song. Thanks for sparking a Bright Eyes interest :)

Track 5: I only know Peter, Paul and Mary's version of this one. Same time period perhaps? Warm folkrockish male vocals, accompanied by and organ and at least two guitars amongst others. I want to say 70's.

Track 6: Could this be Depeche Mode? I think I figured out one track was by them. This is in French, but it's about flying to America I believe. Duet. Spacey stuff. 80's?

Track 7: Proper blues rock progression, rolling piano and everything. Sounds like Rolling Stones post Exile, but the singer does not sound like Mick Jagger.

Track 8: More French, this time accompanied with bongo drums. This is horrid, sorry.

Track 9: Nice change of pace with a real crooner. Frank Sinatra, perhaps? Accompanied by a full orchestra ca. 40's/50's, but the decade is just a guess.

Track 10: Sounds familiar, maybe from a musical? French once again. I'm good with this. Rythmic piano, scattered wind and synths. Out of place electric guitar, though.

Track 11: This drumbeat comes right from a digi synth. Terrible singer. This falls in the same category as track 8. Totally bizarre with the saxophone sections in between.

Track 12: Closer starts off acoustic with a childlike (think Joanna Newsom) voiced female singer. Then builds up to a synth exploration and a theremin. Nice conclusion.

This review was substantially shorter than the first. My apologies once again. As for the mixtape, it seems my partner is French or Belgian and like a lot of music from the 80's. Thanks for the tape, I enjoyed it :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I hope it's not too early to ask, but when's the next Mixtape Exchange going to occur? Cause i'm really interested in participating in one of these!

Having missed the last one, I'm getting antzy too. I wouldn't mind hosting the next one. I'll have to corroborate with previous hosts on how to not screw everything up, but for now, would end of April be too early for y'all?

Having it coincide with Easter or another holiday wouldn't be bad.

A bit early, but I'm sure we've had successful exchanges in as short as 2 weeks before. Let me throw out April 14-21st, andsee if there are any cries of outrage. I know this is in and around exams for some American Uni's, so if that's a problem it can always be sooner or later.

Also, I'm still waiting on my tracklist..

Have you tried googling lyrics? It would probably only help with half the songs, but it's better than nothing.

The Final Track, this was the tracklist:

1.dEUS – The Ideal Crash

2.Foo Fighters – Learn To Fly

3.Lynyrd Skynyrd – Free Bird

4.Bright Eyes – At The Bottom Of Everything

5.John Denver – Leaving On A Jet Plane

6.Robert Charlebois – Lindberg

7.The Rolling Stones – Who's Driving Your Plane?

8.Mort Shuman – Papa Tango Charly

9.Frank Sinatra – Fly Me To The Moon

10.Jacques Higelin – Tombé du ciel

11.Björk – Aeroplane

12.Emiliana Torrini – Birds

I've been looking forward to another mixtape exchange too, April sounds good.

1.dEUS – The Ideal Crash

11.Björk – Aeroplane

FREE BIRD!!!!!!

1.dEUS – The Ideal Crash

11.Björk – Aeroplane

Thanks. Ooh, I got a lot right. Not bad.

Okay so, um, I am offering myself as an host for the 12th mixtape exchange, if you guys still want to do it. I'd do it at like the end of april though, after my finals.

Is that okay for everyone? Would other things fit better for other people?

Okay so, um, I am offering myself as an host for the 12th mixtape exchange, if you guys still want to do it. I'd do it at like the end of april though, after my finals.

Is that okay for everyone? Would other things fit better for other people?

I was literally just about to open a new mixtape thread(though the fact that I haven't had a free enough day til now probably makes you more qualified for the job). Since you've been a regular in the exchange, I wouldn't want it to interfere with you or any other college going member regardless of who hosts it, so the final deadline should probably be round early May or something as you suggested.

I was wondering when we'd have another exchange. Having participated in all of them since MTE 5, it has become my favorite thing to do on this entire forum. :heart:

Anyway, a lot of things will have started to wind down by the end of April, and thanks to student teaching, I'm not obligated to take any sort of exams. :awesome: The end of April sounds like a great time to do it. :nice:

I was literally just about to open a new mixtape thread(though the fact that I haven't had a free enough day til now probably makes you more qualified for the job). Since you've been a regular in the exchange, I wouldn't want it to interfere with you or any other college going member regardless of who hosts it, so the final deadline should probably be round early May or something as you suggested.

Well if you want to hold it absolutely, it's up to you, I was just suggesting!

But if I were to hold it, I would ask people to post whether they want to participate or not from april 18th to the 24th, I would try to give you your partner's name the next day maximum, and have the deadline by May 6th. Does that sound alright for everyone? Should I extend the deadline?

Well if you want to hold it absolutely, it's up to you, I was just suggesting!

it's all you, djibou! (that rhymes if I've been saying it correctly all these years :thinking: )

But if I were to hold it, I would ask people to post whether they want to participate or not from april 18th to the 24th, I would try to give you your partner's name the next day maximum, and have the deadline by May 6th. Does that sound alright for everyone? Should I extend the deadline?

Sounds great to me.