✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 North America Tour announced!

DavidB5

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ooh, how does that work? I've never heard of being able to actually select your specific seats before. :stunned:

I'm not sure why it is working now and not before when the tickets first went on sale. When tickets were first on sale it just asked me how many I wanted and whether I wanted floor, lower bowl, etc. And there was a colourful map of the arena that just zoomed in and out when I clicked on it.

But now when I go on to the same show it has a blue/grey map of the arena, and when I click on that picture it zooms in and shows circles as seats. The grey ones are not available, and the dark blue ones I can click on and purchase.

Maybe they have to get down to a certain number of seats left before this option is available? Not sure. If you want to see what I mean, you can go the Toronto shows on Ticketmaster. I didn't check to see if any other shows were doing the same thing...

^ I just noticed that yesterday when out of curiosity I was looking at availability of Detroit Lions tickets for the Christmas Eve game, you could view/pick specific seating availability. I didn't notice that before. Maybe it's a newer feature on Ticketmaster?

Yup, its new and they rolled it out 'after' we all bought tickets! :laugh3:

Its showing up for Toronto as well, not sure if its for all arenas/stadiums or not.

^ I just tried viewing it for a Radiohead concert, and it didn't show up. Maybe it's not fully implemented yet. In any event, for people who are wondering what all the hub-bub is, here is a sample:

You can view the available sections based on the color-coded availability legend

35nc3dc.jpg

Then you can click on the desired available section to view/choose specific seats

2ai3txi.jpg

IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

I'm still waiting for Detroit/Columbus/Cleveland/Cincinnati dates. Grr. I really hope I don't have to wait until 2013...

Same boat here! Cincy/Columbus would best best, but I've been to Cleveland for Coldplay before! They said more dates will be announced in January/February, so I imagine us "less-important" folks in Ohio will get a bone thrown our way!

Coldplay, Red Hot Chili Peppers ticket sales stay strong in holiday week

Broadway productions may have regained the top spots in TicketNews' exclusive events rankings for the week ending Sunday, December 25, but two of the most popular bands continued to make waves at the top of the rankings.

Last week, Coldplay took the rankings by storm, pushing Broadway staples "Wicked" and "The Book of Mormon" out of the top spots. This week the British rockers dropped from No. 1, but still experienced strong enough sales on the secondary market to capture third place.

The band will spend the winter months preparing for their spring and summer tour of North America in support of their latest album, "Mylo Xyloto". The tour begins with an April 17 date in Edmonton, AB, and continues until August 11 in Saint Paul, MN, with a month's break in May and June to play some European dates.

Also hanging tough were sales for soon-to-be Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductees the Red Hot Chili Peppers. The Peppers, whose secondary sales last week peaked at No. 3 in the rankings, finished at a still-respectable No. 5 this week as they prepare to tour behind "I'm With You" early next year.

The sole sports team to make the top ten this week were the New York Knicks, in at No. 8. Strong sales preceded the team's Christmas Day opener against the Boston Celtics, a close game won by the Knicks.

http://www.ticketnews.com/features/Coldplay-Red-Hot-Chili-Peppers-ticket-sales-stay-strong-during-holiday-week121127222

I noticed that between Houston on June 25th and Tampa on June 28th, as well as between Miami on June 29th and Atlanta on July 2nd, there are 2 blank dates.

Obviously June 26th is an off/travel day as well as July 1st is an off/travel day but what about June 27th and June 30th? I cant make much sense of 2 sets of back to back off days in 1 week.

Any chance they play in Orlando on either June 27th (on their way down to Miami) or on June 30th (on their way to Atlanta after leaving Miami)?

The Amway Arena in downtown Orlando currently has no events listed for either June 27th or June 30th.

Is is possible they could be playing in Orlando at the Amway Arena on 1 of those 2 days but just dont have the show confirmed yet and thats why its not listed...?

I live in Daytona Beach, FL and dont have time due to work to drive to Miami (4 hrs away) and dont really have the time to drive to Tampa (2 1/2 hrs away) either but would be forced to make time for it if they dont come to Orlando which is alot closer at only a little over an hour away.

So, any chance either June 27th or June 30th are just dates that are waiting to be confirmed before announcement or are the current days the only ones...

• 2 weeks later...

I keep checking the website for any updated tour dates. Didn't Anchorman or someone say there'd be more announcements in early 2012? January is almost over... I am waiting to hear if they're playing the festival in Moncton, NB, Canada. Maybe it was their website that said they'd announce in early 2012. Arrggghhh, I hate waiting! :)

They finally announced a Detroit date... August 1. Doubt they'll add another show like they've been doing with other cities though, since they have shows in other States on July 30 and August 3 (not enough time for them to travel if they do two consecutive Detroit shows).

• 4 weeks later...
Does anyone know if more dates will get announced? What they currently have is kinda sporadic. It's a real bummer if they skip out on Arizona.
It's hard to tell. Frankly, I assumed this would be a 2-leg tour like usual; but now with them doing multiple dates in the same cities now it makes me think that maybe there won't even be a second leg this time.

• 8 months later...