✨ STAY UP TO DATE WITH THE WORLD TOUR ✨

2012 North America Tour announced!

DavidB5

• Replies 344
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone know why they STILL don't have anything up online for the Toronto show on July 23rd? It looks like all the other NA shows are there on Ticketmaster. AMEX told me pre-sale tickets on December 14th, but they really should let people know. Scared I'm not going to get any seats. Any information people might have about this show, kindly pass it along!

I noticed this on the event page for the show I am planning on going to(San Jose) along with several others:

Check back on Wednesday, December 14 for VIP Packages.

Interested to see what is included in the VIP package...

I came across some VIP packages for shows in the UK. Interested to see what they offer you. Keep us posted! Thanks!

I plan on trying to get tickets through the presale... I'm not all that experienced with buying concert tickets, but hopefully I'll be able to find some good ones. I'm not sure if I'd have better luck this way or waiting until the general sale. I'm also not sure of where the best seats are, but I'm thinking maybe close to the stage, first level (not floor). Plus I probably can't afford floor tickets anyway, haha. Any thoughts?

Just have been trying to get AMEX presale tix for two separate show - it's hard to get 2 seats together in a decent section (it's usually in the boons, or corner in the back) - not good tickets available for presale from what i've seen. Plus 130 dollars per ticket is kind of steep especially since they barely play an hour and half, and they barely change up their set (understood about the light show/fx/etc.) but they need to play longer then for that kind of change. And frankly, i love the wrist band idea, but that can't be adding to the price hopefully. Going to see the vip pkg (which likely will be exorbitant, and don't really need to be front row or whatever, unless it was GA) Don't know why coldplay doesn't do ga for its shows - people would be having a great time upfront in the pit. Anyway, long time Coldplay fan, but will have to wait and see in the general if better tix become available and even then, will probably wait to see how long their sets are going to be. 2 hrs minimum at this stage (5 LPs, one of the biggest bands in the world) - come on Chris, give the fans their money's worth esp in this down economy.

oh, it appears that since I'm in Canada, I need a special code to buy in the US. Usually the phone number works, unless you are trying from out of country. I guess I have to call them...

Do you know if the same thing will happen for me since I'm from the U.S. trying to buy toronto tickets presale on wednesday??

Do you know if the same thing will happen for me since I'm from the U.S. trying to buy toronto tickets presale on wednesday??

I would guess yes, but your best bet is to call AmEx and ask what code you need to buy out of country. When I called they gave me a promocode and said it works for all shows all the time, so likely it would be the same in your case. You could get the code now and be prepared for the TO presale.

Also, when I tried to buy the tickets with just filling out the presale portion it gave me tickets in the back of the arena, but when I went back and filled in the AmEx reserved seating with the promo code it gave me floor seats.

Aaaaaannnnd all my frustrations and annoyances were renewed after that presale, with Coldplay's team AND with Ticketmaster.

Went with a shitty seat in presale rather than risking the general sale, which is just bad news bears for anyone in an arena-sized venue these days, really. Also just increasingly frustrated about the arena setups, which allow VIPs and suits in the front and keep most of the "real" fans in the back, miles away. To me, the frequent lack of GA sections in the US is probably why the band prefer playing gigs in UK/Europe/Latin America/Asia...because the biggest fans are right in their faces and throwing all the emotion back at them. I've been to 14 Coldplay shows in some form as of right now, and all of the best shows I've seen them do have been in other countries, save for ONE in the US, which is the one Coldplay gig in the US I've been to that had GA. To me that says a lot.

I know Ticketmaster/Live Nation gets major say in how to break up the arena into sections, but I think Coldplay probably has enough weight as an artist and as a cash cow to say "listen, we want there to be GA" and have that be a point of negotiation. But I don't even know if they think that the seating in a venue has any relation to the crowd vibe, and therefore to the performance. To me, it really does and it frustrates me that as a practice, they often stick to the setups where the people that pay outrageous sums of money waltz in and keep those of us who would willingly sleep on the street out of the best spots. Does a GA ticket sell for less than a VIP package? Yes. But I also think GA sections often makes for a better show (and for a better fan experience), and I'd like to think that's a priority of theirs too.

approximately infinite - totally agree- one of the best concerts i went to was for the Killers at MSG for the Sam's town tour - they had GA pit in the front, and it was amazing, the crowd was so into it, and Brandon Flowers still remember that concert, and is always looking to recreate that atmosphere. With this album (frankly I want them to play the full album straight through, preceded by their hits or whatever) - it would be absolutely amazing having real fans (who don't need a seat, and are willing to camp out to be in front) be up by them, and giving the energy their songs give to us back to them. I mean can you imagine the last 3 songs of MX - I hope they read this, I know Phil Harvey does (he told me when I met him, great guy, and supposedly the guys do take to heart criticisms of both the new direction of the music and the concert setup). But, seriously, they need GA at their US shows, get the suits and the vips out of there, and put them in the club box so they can eat/drink/etc. and maybe listen to Coldplay... Phil - you gotta get ga for the next US leg of the tour.

Agree! I know Phil/some of their team peruse the board sometimes, and that's why I always try to be honest in both my absolute fangirlish adoration of them and in my criticisms of a lot of their business choices, while still being fair. At this point, I'd just like to let them know how hard it really is to see them live in this country, especially in a preferred way. Yes, they tour the US like three separate times per album, more than any other country, but with a combination of the scalper problem and the sucky breakdown of venues in terms of seating, it's really not anything like seeing them in Europe or the UK. I wish every Coldplayer could go to a really kick-ass UK/Europe etc show someday, because those have always been by far the best for me.

so I'm borrowing my aunt's AMEX to buy the tickets today. is there anything "special" i gotta do to get in the presale? or as long as i have the card number etc. i should be good?

also, i HATE this part, and i absolutely HATE all those stupid people taking the seats for fans that really love the band! :( I want GA! let's do a petition lol. of course they wont listen though (like petition for viva tour dvd-didnt happen )

Oh well, at least im seeing them right? but they are so expensive and i hope to get to go a better show that has GA. I thought in 2009 they went to Sacramento and they had GA. maybe theyll go there later :/

gotta save up some money for this stuff, I shouldnt be spending this kind of money. but it's Coldplay :P

SO excited! I got front row aisle seats right next to the stage for the Seattle show! :D I kept pulling up crap seats, but suddenly those came up and I grabbed them as getting two together in a decent place was hard enough and I doubt I can do any better than these (bar the first few rows of floor). To think I almost gave up too! It was $130 a ticket, which is freaking crazy!!! :mad:

Portland I didn't have the same luck - they were all crap. I'm waiting for general on that one as it's just me going. Hopefully that will be to my benefit ticket-wise! I was concentrating more on Seattle as I needed two tix.

Its such a gamble - you never know what you're going to get. I remember standing in line at our local music store to get tickets. Loved that and felt that at least I had a chance. I am really hoping I get something on Saturday for the Toronto show.

Did any cities open up a second show? I guess we won't know until after general sales, huh?

I would guess yes, but your best bet is to call AmEx and ask what code you need to buy out of country. When I called they gave me a promocode and said it works for all shows all the time, so likely it would be the same in your case. You could get the code now and be prepared for the TO presale.

Also, when I tried to buy the tickets with just filling out the presale portion it gave me tickets in the back of the arena, but when I went back and filled in the AmEx reserved seating with the promo code it gave me floor seats.

Good to hear! I think I'll give the AMEX pre-sale a shot for the Toronto show. Would you mind giving me the number I should call? And is the promo code the same for everyone (you mentioned that it works for all shows all the time)?

Thanks!